The Not-So-Obvious Update

ISTCrew20

brkgnews said:
Non-photo updates:

EP: Thankfully, there are still some fans who remember the old EPCOT. I ran into a guy who was wearing a homemade World of Motion shirt.

My friend I was with on Sunday saw him walk past and was telling me about his shirt. I had missed it though.

We also saw a guy in Imagineering on the Tram wearing an Expedition Everest shirt.

jmuboy

RE: Saving The SeaCabs - why is it so costly to reopen an omnimover ride where the infrastructure is pretty much intact? I mean...if age is an issue Disney only has themselves to blame. They are the ones who neglected to maintain the ride and shut them down to rot.

General Grizz

jmuboy said:
RE: Saving The SeaCabs - why is it so costly to reopen an omnimover ride where the infrastructure is pretty much intact? I mean...if age is an issue Disney only has themselves to blame. They are the ones who neglected to maintain the ride and shut them down to rot.
Apparently, they are not up to safety code. Disney has the ability to go in and upgrade much of the safety in the area... but they probably need a "synergy" backing for the budget.

And all of us know what THAT is... :D

BRER STITCH

EP: Wonders of Life was, of course, closed. People have taken to using it as an unofficial smoking area. Dontcha love irony?

Great observation!

:lol: :wave: :lol: :wave: :lol:

Thanx for sharing the pics!

speck76

General Grizz said:
Apparently, they are not up to safety code. Disney has the ability to go in and upgrade much of the safety in the area... but they probably need a "synergy" backing for the budget.

And all of us know what THAT is... :D

Is this a rumor/hearsay, or is this a fact?

TheOneVader

I was looking through my Epcot picture archive, and as far as I can see the American Adventure always looked like that on the lagoon... Or am I just mising something?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
TheOneVader said:
I was looking through my Epcot picture archive, and as far as I can see the American Adventure always looked like that on the lagoon... Or am I just mising something?

He's talking about the stage in front of the pavilion, not the pavilion itself. (I think)

cindy_k

brkgnews said:
EP: Ice Station Cool is STILL without snow. I spent a bit of time in there convincing people to "Try the Beverly -- It's AWESOME!"

I though I was the only one who did that. :slurp: :lookaroun :eek: :lol:

Thanks for the Update.

TheOneVader

Thrawn said:
He's talking about the stage in front of the pavilion, not the pavilion itself. (I think)

Yes, I realized that, and that is also what I'm talking about. I can't find any pictures, even from '03 that looks just like it does in the picture he took.

Zed

The reflection in the TTA model scene is refered to as RC - Reflective Captioning, they have it listed on the WDW park maps in the Legend box.

I've noticed it in Philharmagic, and Muppetvision, in my prescription glasses usually when I sit in the back of one of the theaters. It's in most of the theaters now at WDW. I kept wondering why my peripheral vision kept picking up flashing beside, and behind me, then I noticed the captioning in my glasses.

After looking at a MK map it only lists TTA having HC - Handheld Captioning, so I'm either wrong, or the map hasn't been updated to show RC yet. :D

speck76

They removed the white structure and added a brick building (for sound/lighting controls is my guess) behind the seating area

PhantazMike

Disney's Magical Express DOES NOT begin until May 5th. The new buses are Mears buses and they have to work out all of the kinks (if any) and fully train their drivers as they are different buses than Disney Cruise Line buses. Guests may be being dropped off and picked up in the new buses but it is not Disney's Magical Express yet. However, the Resort Airline Check-In for United/Ted, Delta/Song and American are up and running for domestic guests.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
TheOneVader said:
Yes, I realized that, and that is also what I'm talking about. I can't find any pictures, even from '03 that looks just like it does in the picture he took.

You mean all your pictures look like the ones he took?

Enderikari

brkgnews said:
MK: The big stone globe in Tomorrowland is FINALLY floating on water. You can now move it -- it had been pretty much drydocked for ages.
0418globe4kw.jpg

As someone who interacts with that big stone globe on a weekly basis, It has been operating for quite awhile now, at least since january. if its ever not working, the Family Magic Tour Guides call it in, and it should be working the next day... Its a part of their tour.

TheOneVader

speck76 said:
They removed the white structure and added a brick building (for sound/lighting controls is my guess) behind the seating area

Ooooh! I thought he meant the lagoon side of the stage area. Don't know why. Must have had a blonde moment, sorry. lol

amfail20

Thrawn said:

If i remember wasnt there a ship docked outside? since i looked at the back of the AMGARD for 8 months.. i remember a ship docked..... or am i just crazy? (Could be true bc im having withdrawal major)

TheOneVader

amfail20 said:
If i remember wasnt there a ship docked outside? since i looked at the back of the AMGARD for 8 months.. i remember a ship docked..... or am i just crazy? (Could be true bc im having withdrawal major)

Yes, I remember that, too... I also thought I was crazy, but maybe we're not.... Or maybe we both are. lol

EDIT: Hmm, that's odd... It shows a boat docked on the guidemap, even though there isn't...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom