The Not-So-Obvious Update

MicBat

The shirts referred to as the "Rescue Ranger" shirts are actually worn by attractions coordinators now. They premiered about a year ago for those working the ASIMO exhibit in the World Showplace.

Thanks for the update!! It was great to see the often overlooked news items!!

brkgnews

Original Poster
Enderikari said:
As someone who interacts with that big stone globe on a weekly basis, It has been operating for quite awhile now, at least since january. if its ever not working, the Family Magic Tour Guides call it in, and it should be working the next day... Its a part of their tour.

My last trip (prior to this one) was in January, so that explains it. It was still stuck tight when I was there, and had been for many of my previous trips.

Zed said:
The reflection in the TTA model scene is refered to as RC - Reflective Captioning, they have it listed on the WDW park maps in the Legend box. After looking at a MK map it only lists TTA having HC - Handheld Captioning, so I'm either wrong, or the map hasn't been updated to show RC yet.

This did not quite look like reflective captioning to me (but I'm no expert either). Most of the reflective captioning I have seen (Muppetvision and other theaters) has been on like a green LED matrix board. Of course, I don't know if they have other technologies they use. This line ("great electric machine") is not part of the current narration audio, but may have been used in the past. For some reason, it just seemed like a GE sponsorship message to me.

PhantazMike said:
Disney's Magical Express DOES NOT begin until May 5th. Guests may be being dropped off and picked up in the new buses but it is not Disney's Magical Express yet.

I guess I should have said that Magical Express BUSES were up and running to Pop Century. I stand corrected. :rolleyes:

se8472

brkgnews said:
EP: They've changed out the newscasts on the descent portion of Spaceship Earth. They recently showed storm damage from the hurricanes, but now they show astronauts working on the space station.

as I recall, the video gets changes every now and then....but its the same thing. I have seen the space station stuff before, and the storm damage one comes up every now and then. I also belive there is another one that is used.

KingStefan

brkgnews said:
EP: Several Cast Members confirm that there will be no more soft openings of Soarin' until the grand opening on May 5th.
I'll be so sad if this is really true! I'll be there next week!!! :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom