The NonDisney MARVEL Comics Film Thread

Princess Leia

So they show them going into space, but in the Apocalypse, she had the phoenix powers. I have no idea how they are going to make that continuity work yet.
I have no issue with the remaining Fox X-Men films going out on a mediocre note like this. It allows Marvel and Disney to figure out the best way to bring everyone into the MCU, which I’ll admit is probably a little tricky right now.

The continuity is just everywhere for this series. Logan may or may not be canon. No one appears to be aging. I’m sure that the new cast thought they had some job security, but Disney is probably going to have a new set of mutants in the next 5 years.

LSLS

I have no issue with the remaining Fox X-Men films going out on a mediocre note like this. It allows Marvel and Disney to figure out the best way to bring everyone into the MCU, which I’ll admit is probably a little tricky right now.

The continuity is just everywhere for this series. Logan may or may not be canon. No one appears to be aging. I’m sure that the new cast thought they had some job security, but Disney is probably going to have a new set of mutants in the next 5 years.

Honestly I hope it's just a clean reboot (All new cast, all new everything). Forget another existed (that's what they did with Spiderman, right?). The newer X-Men have pained me more than anything. I grew up on the cartoons.

Princess Leia

Alright, so Dark Phoenix just got pushed back again, this time to June 7 (this is the Gambit spot, lol). Alita (spelling?) just took the Valentine’s Day slot... and ‘Untitled Deadpool project’ is taking Alita’s former spot on December 21. Rumor has it that it’s a PG-13 version of Deadpool 2 (which if true, is actually kind of hilarious considering how he talks about it being a family movie). It might have a Princess Bride narrative device with Fred Savage:

27C31C03-90DA-4F88-B80B-C4781B489FA4.jpeg

Edit- apparently Gambit is still happening??? It now has a March 13 2020 opening.

champdisney

I’m hearing rumors that the PG-13 Deadpool 2 could be the start of future Deadpool titles under that rating. Lots of folks aren’t happy with that possibility. My feeling with it though is, if people want to see Deadpool added into the MCU... this kinda has to be done.

Also, completely agree with the Gambit situation. No one wants it. Axe it already.

Princess Leia

I’m hearing rumors that the PG-13 Deadpool 2 could be the start of future Deadpool titles under that rating. Lots of folks aren’t happy with that possibility. My feeling with it though is, if people want to see Deadpool added into the MCU... this kinda has to be done.

Also, completely agree with the Gambit situation. No one wants it. Axe it already.
This whole business with Deadpool is that once Fox is done with the character, a reboot with a new cast is probably coming (though I would love to see the current cast stay, it’s probably not happening; I think they’re already done with Weasel given everything that happened with TJ Miller).

My guess is that Marvel Studios planned the next ‘phase’ without X-Men, giving Fox 4 years to wrap up whatever movies they had planned (each phase in the MCU has lasted 3/4 years: 2008-2012, 2013-2015, 2016-2019, 2019-2022, according to the movie release dates). Fox could still release Gambit and an R-rated X-Force movie in 2020 before handing the reins over to Disney.

I’m not optimistic about this PG-13 Deadpool. Sure the sequel cut out the sex scenes that the first had, but it still had over the top cartoon violence and a whole lot of swearing.

erasure fan1

I’m hearing rumors that the PG-13 Deadpool 2 could be the start of future Deadpool titles under that rating.
I think this has a lot to do with Disney and the streaming service. I know Disney has no say in what Fox does yet, but you can bet that people in charge are talking about what Disney would like to have happen. As it stands, Disney couldn't put this on the streaming service with an R rating. This will cost very little to do and if people like it, you broaden your audience, and thats not a bad thing.

Princess Leia

Hoping to see Venom sometime within the next week. Reviews aren't exactly great, but it looks silly and I kind of need that type of cinematic escape.

erasure fan1

Hoping to see Venom sometime within the next week. Reviews aren't exactly great, but it looks silly and I kind of need that type of cinematic escape.
I haven't been able to pinpoint why, but I just don't connect to this movie at all. I like Venom but nothing in the trailers interested me. And with reviews being meh, I'll just probably wait to rent it.

champdisney

I haven't been able to pinpoint why, but I just don't connect to this movie at all. I like Venom but nothing in the trailers interested me. And with reviews being meh, I'll just probably wait to rent it.
Perhaps because there’s a major factor missing in this movie that makes Venom... Venom and that’s Spider-Man!

I’m sick of Sony poorly handling the Spider-Man characters. :mad:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
RT Thumbs up/down: 30​
RT Critics Score: 46​
Metacritic: 33​
CinemaScore: B+​
RT Audience: 86 (20,340)​
IMDB Audience: 71 (50,372 ratings)​

Soo... critics hated it, audiences are liking it. With the CinemaScore being a good indicator of future Box Office based on opening weekend and audience reviews... don't look for Venom to that well even with a big start. A "B+" score is basically saying it's OK, but it doesn't have legs. It's not likely to do as well as a Sony Spider-Man movie which has averaged about $800 million. But it should pass it's break-even mark with about $120 million more at the Box Office. Right now it's at $206 world wide.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Saw Venom last night, it wasnt the best MARVEL movie but it was pretty good.

Same. There were good parts which I wished could have been expanded (Eddie's interactions with Venom). The action scenes were messy. Oh, look, it's Tom Hardy's stunt double... so glad they got a good long full frontal shot of his face... his family should be happy for him!

But, the clip of Into the Spider-verse that was tagged to the end was phenomenal. That short clip was more exciting than the whole of Venom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom