The Non-Disney Friends we have?

colleen2997

I have friends who think I am absurd and 'obsessed' for going to Disneyworld every year, however those are the friend that have NEVER been so they don't get it. Everyone I know who has never been thinks its just for kids and any adult who goes every year is weird. All of my friends who have been understand why I love it so much, even though they may not go every year like me.

DisneyPirate85

I too get it ALOT from co-workers mostly:fork:
Every July 4th week we go to the World and ALWAYS have a great time! And now that we are in DVC we go July and Dec, so I constantly hear some remark about "Mickeys Ears" or if it "doesn't have ears Shawn doesn't care" But like others have posted when it comes time for WDW questions or plans they ask me or DW, how can we save a little $? Where is best place to stay? We only will be there 3 days what should we do 1st:rolleyes:? And ALWAYS we put on our "CM" face and try to assist them :wave:

Disneykidder

Yeah...but a lot of these negative people wouldn't hesitate to ask US questions about where to stay, where to eat, DME and any/everything else, right??

jonnyc

She is now 11 and as far as she is concerned, WDW is the best and there's no need to go any place else. Of course with the teenage years approaching her opinon may change. :)

I don't think she will :). I'm 17 now, and my sister 20 (21 during our next visit) and we still love Disney, possibly even more, now we can appreciate all the little touches!

Most of my mates haven't been so don't understand the Disney Magic, well they can freeze in the cold seas of Cornwall, whilst i'm enjoying riding the Tower of Terror, again and again and again and again...

tigsmom

Friends and family. I don't care though because they are not paying for my vacation. When they do then I will go where they want, like I am this year. :lol:

tirian

I've met people who are unimpressed with WDW but love their local Six Flags parks. Although I understand the roller coaster aspect, how could anyone prefer an amusement park full of chipped paint, local teenagers, and almost zero theming?

ChrisQ

Mostly what I get from people who've never been is "yeah, we've been meaning to go, someday." I tell them there's no better time to plan a trip than now.

My friends do that all the time they ask how i go all the time and never get bored.....they always say by that point they would be bored to death....i love Disney World too much to get bored of it really :animwink: :D

DivineMadness7

So for those of you familiar with facebook, this afternoon I set my status to "planning my next Disney World trip."

I get this on my wall from someone who is an acquaintance from high school, who, until now, I had some respect for.

"Go ahead and throw your money to the giant facist machine of Disney World! be like that! They aren't hurting for anyones dollars. Why not go to a national park out west or something instead? They could use the revenue, and you will get more out of that then you will some hyper-marketed park that sells a fantasy of they dictate the ideal America and the ideal world should be. Give your money to the lie."

I was pretty stunned. He is a pretty dry sarcastic person, so I posted back on his wall: "I sincerely hope that rant was at least partially facetious."

He writes back:
"It's up to you to determine what and was not a joke. Watch out for thee parades down there. I hear they like to goose-step.

Really though, try out a national park or something. That's real adventure. Anamatronic birds that sing to you, and spinning tea cups, you know what you are going to get, how fun is that?"

I really want to write my heart out but for now, I've decided to not respond to this sort of buffoonery.

eliezrah

We had quite a few people who thought we were nuts when we said we were spending 2 weeks in WDW for our honeymoon. We did 1 week in the parks and 1 week on the cruise. I have to say, as most of you would agree, it's the best place to honeymoon!!

eroyee

Yeah, we get the "you must have seen everything a zillion times." Yeah, so what? Actually, theres still things we havent seen at WDW and will keep on going to see them and all the things we have seen many times and dearly love.........so there...........lol...:mad:

The Disney Kid

I have a sister in law that doesn't get it. She "Just can't see what the attraction is". I've invited her to come four times, she says she's in but she always backs out. She heard we are going in October and wanted to know if she was invited. I said, "no, best you stay away. It keeps the lines shorter for those of us that want to be there."

I don't believe she, or my wife, are happy with me!

CLandrum

I do have my share of friends that say oh Disney again! But like DevineMaddness7 I also recieved a mean spirted comment from a friend. She told me that I needed spend more money and time on my faith then spending it a Disney World. Like because I go to Disney every year makes me less of a Christian. This same friend goes to Hawaii twice a year.:brick:

yankspy

So for those of you familiar with facebook, this afternoon I set my status to "planning my next Disney World trip."

I get this on my wall from someone who is an acquaintance from high school, who, until now, I had some respect for.

"Go ahead and throw your money to the giant facist machine of Disney World! be like that! They aren't hurting for anyones dollars. Why not go to a national park out west or something instead? They could use the revenue, and you will get more out of that then you will some hyper-marketed park that sells a fantasy of they dictate the ideal America and the ideal world should be. Give your money to the lie."

I was pretty stunned. He is a pretty dry sarcastic person, so I posted back on his wall: "I sincerely hope that rant was at least partially facetious."

He writes back:
"It's up to you to determine what and was not a joke. Watch out for thee parades down there. I hear they like to goose-step.

Really though, try out a national park or something. That's real adventure. Anamatronic birds that sing to you, and spinning tea cups, you know what you are going to get, how fun is that?"

I really want to write my heart out but for now, I've decided to not respond to this sort of buffoonery.
How fun is getting eaten by a bear.:lol: Seriously though, National parks are great and relaxing, but sometimes a person just wants fun. We visit parks often but we also love to go to WDW. Look at it this way, by him not going to WDW, there is one less person on the line for Soarin.:lol:

brucie

These are great!! Im copying some into a word document and im going to send some to the same people that always roll there eyes at me when I go. Keep them coming I need more!! Can't wait until Sept!!!

eliezrah

How fun is getting eaten by a bear.:lol: Seriously though, National parks are great and relaxing, but sometimes a person just wants fun. We visit parks often but we also love to go to WDW. Look at it this way, by him not going to WDW, there is one less person on the line for Soarin.:lol:
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:So true!!! LOL

AEfx

What really confuses me when I get the "you're going there AGAIN?" response is when it comes from people who visit the same beach for a week every summer. Don't they get tired of going to the same beach?

ROFL the people that pay 4-5 grand to go sit on a beach for a week really perplex me too. "But it's all-inclusive!" they say. Great...so you get food and drinks all week while you...sit...on a beach. Wow, that's excitement! LOL.

Thankfully anyone who knows me knows that Disney is a way of life for me, not a vacation spot, so I don't have to deal with questions that often. It's "So when are you going next?" not, "Ugh, you are going again?"

It's sort of the opposite for me LOL - when I hear about people taking these beach vacations and how much they spend on them I'm like, "You know you could take TWO trips to Disney on that, and still have some left over?"

AEfx

disneydiva72

My father in law thinks we are nuts for going every year.....but this is the same guy who swears that Walt Disney hated children. *rolls eyes* We havent tyold anyone we will be in Disney on Xmas...the sparks shall fly!!!

ROFL the people that pay 4-5 grand to go sit on a beach for a week really perplex me too. "But it's all-inclusive!" they say. Great...so you get food and drinks all week while you...sit...on a beach.

EXACTLY!!!! I live on the beach! Why would I vacation to the beach! My house is all inclusive too! I turn around, walk up the beach and go to my refrigerator.

I love the people who go CAMPING and don't understand why I HATE camping for a vacation.....Ok yeah sure, you go ahead and sit in your hot sticky tent eating a half burnt hotdog while I go get a dole whip and sit in my nice air conditioned room overlooking bay lake.

JCtheparrothead

Disney is Childish!

I have a very good friend that tells me this every year when I depart dreary (and often snowy) Michigan the day after Thanksgiving each year. He can't get over the fact that grownups actually can have fun and enjoy themselves at Disney World. I have invited him down to stay for the week for free (we own at Bonnett Creek) but he continually tells me that he wouldn't want to waste his time with that place. There are people in this world that I believe don't like having fun or regressing to their childhood for a little while. Ohhh well everyone here knows the truth and we will all have happier lives because of it. ROCK ON Everyone...

BTW ONLY 156 days til i am wasting my time in the World.......:ROFLOL:

Yankeeplex

We have many friends that just don't get our love of Disney. I have been over 39 times and #40 will be in December. My daughter has been 12 times in her 4.5 years. We don't even consider going any where else for our vacations. Just a 2 hour drive from Disney, we take long weekends 3-4 times a year with a 9-10 day trip for our November anniversary. We honestly have no desire to go anywhere else. To see the face on my daughter every time we go is worth its weight in gold. Now we have a 5 month old son and we are going with him in December for his first trip. We just can't get enough and a lot of our friends just don't get it. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom