The New Italian Restaurant @ Epcot

DonaldD1987

Original Poster
Has anyone ate there before? I loved Alfredo's and went there everytime i went to the world. And I was wondering if I should give the new place a chance. If anyone has feedback from it that would be great.
Thanks

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I had hopes for a nice change from Alfredo's, but instead got a reminder on being careful what you ask for. I can't bring myself to go to an Italian restaurant where the Pasta Fagioli is $10, appetizers $12+ and pasta dishes $25+. They have a family style dinner for $60....:shrug:

Now I don't mind spending money for a great meal, but being from the northeast, I can get GREAT Italian for 1/3 the cost. Good Italian restaurants in NYC are cheaper than this. So in short, no I don't have a review for you.

mlcrisp

Haven't been there- but looked at the menu, and I don't know if I'm gonna go or not.... Alfredo's had THE BEST feticcini alfredo ever... I don't even see feticcini alfredo on the menu.... I would love to know what someone thinks as well....We are going March 1-8th.... Just want our honeymoon to be great....

Disneydude55

Haven't been there- but looked at the menu, and I don't know if I'm gonna go or not.... Alfredo's had THE BEST feticcini alfredo ever... I don't even see feticcini alfredo on the menu.... I would love to know what someone thinks as well....We are going March 1-8th.... Just want our honeymoon to be great....

I agree I love Alfredo's as well! I did eat at the new resturant on my past trip in October and there was no alfredo :(! I ordered the Bucatini which was noodles, peas, ham, and melted cheese on top! Sounds good right.... I thought so too until it got to my table... The whole dish was bland and had no flavor what so ever. So in the end I probaly wont be going back!

songbird

sigh....

I had a great dinner at Alfredo's last March with the moms from dd's cheerleading team. we were all tired of food court cuisine, "abandoned" our kids for a night of "real" food.

maybe this year the moms will enjoy a Mexican dinner instead.

66Stella

Hi all:

I just read this in my mousesavers newsletter today:

• Tutto Italia (formerly L'Originale Alfredo di Roma) is now open. It will close again in spring 2008 for a lengthy refurb and reopen with yet another name.
I don't know when it will be closing for refurb, maybe suggest calling ADR to find out :confused:

tigsmom

Hi all:

I just read this in my mousesavers newsletter today:
  • Tutto Italia (formerly L'Originale Alfredo di Roma) is now open. It will close again in spring 2008 for a lengthy refurb and reopen with yet another name.
I don't know when it will be closing for refurb, maybe suggest calling ADR to find out :confused:

Found this on allearsnet (its from a restaurant review)...

"Tutto Italia is only a temporary restaurant. From what I have been told, a yet un-named quick service restaurant will be built across the courtyard in Italy. When that is completed, Tutto Italia will close for an extensive rehab and reopen with an entire new name, look and menu. Work is expected to be completed sometime in late 2008." :shrug:

chwilson88

I am so disappointed that Alfredo's is gone!!!

I agree with so many of the other forum members when they express their discontent with the closing of alfredo's. It had the BEST fettuccini alfredo ever!! And I have been to many many Italian restaurants in the northeast, including Boston and NYC (Little Italy). For some reason, whether it was the freshness, or the amount of sauce or what, it just tasted the best. I really hope the Disney Dining Managers read these posts and understand that so many people used to dine in Italy because of Alfredo's and because of the Fettuccini Alfredo, and Tutto seems to disappoint. I hope that they revamp the menu in 2008 to include the meals people loved and went there for, if they want business to be as good as it was there in the past years.

gigu69

hello everybody,
Since Tutto Italia opened I work there...I did all the pre opening training and now I enjoy working there...and do u wanna know what is the best part of my day....when they serve us the meal...it taste so good!!!!
What I want to tell u....simply that even if the job is very hard the boss is very picky and because I'm not a server yet,I don't make a really good money the food is good!!!!
I'm arrived from italy just 3 month ago and U can belive me...everything is very fresh and the quality is very high...everytime one dish comes out from the kitchen I'd like to jump on it and eat it!!!
Ok there is not anymore fettuccine alfredo...but how could u think they could keep that dish in a new restaurant replacing alfredo!!!???
I hope to see u soon in Tutto Italia and if u come ask for Giorgio and I'll be very happy to meet u!!!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I had hopes for a nice change from Alfredo's, but instead got a reminder on being careful what you ask for. I can't bring myself to go to an Italian restaurant where the Pasta Fagioli is $10, appetizers $12+ and pasta dishes $25+. They have a family style dinner for $60....:shrug:

Now I don't mind spending money for a great meal, but being from the northeast, I can get GREAT Italian for 1/3 the cost. Good Italian restaurants in NYC are cheaper than this. So in short, no I don't have a review for you.
My thoughts exactly. There is simply no way I can see my paying Tutto's prices when I can go to CG or Jiko for the same or less money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom