Trip Report The Never-Ending Summer Of Disney *COMPLETED*

Seriously?!!

Can you believe it??

BC7AE996-5BB5-4770-9C10-F20CE1197633.jpeg

This is jaw-dropping news!!

If only.

Two things in life give me the blues ~ the end of summer and the end of a Disney vacation. A never-ending summer of Disney would be a dream come true! But I am certainly happy to “settle” for a WDW vacay in June....in July....and in August. 😊And rather than write three separate trip reports (and annoy @amjt660 when my *COMPLETED* report really isn’t 😉) I decided to take @Rista1313 ’s suggestion and post an ongoing travelogue, à la @blgauger style.

So let’s get started!

Vacation #1
June 16-24, 2018
Tuvalu, Woody and Em get pampered at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Was there rain? Any snarky Cast Members? Ridiculous guest behavior? A Magic meet-up? How many times did we watch Happily Ever After?

You’ll have to follow along to find out.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We took the long path from Pandora to Africa for our next FP. Em had no qualms about posing with Woody, since she had not seen the lovely Photopass picture yet.

05C63D99-90A6-4CD2-A326-C4A8E1E7B4B5.jpeg

The FP line for Kilimanjaro Safari was ridiculously long!
633B0024-522D-4ADC-A24E-1B997FD33FE7.jpeg

Thanks to “animal stoppage” we waited almost 25 minutes for our turn.

C67176BF-60FC-4F36-9294-22AA086678B4.jpeg

FINALLY!
A707CE41-44E5-4780-BDEC-1824AECE4CC5.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
From Africa to Asia so Woody and Em could ride EE.

C13A71C2-C01E-47A9-B821-62E06B42BB85.jpeg

Too bad Em’s not a tea drinker!
A56153AB-1752-4A50-B70F-46910EC0B413.jpeg

#ShirleyStatus.....how did that even happen?
33C5E44C-B494-40D4-B089-71BB389F9CA2.jpeg

Originally I thought we might stay at AK until dark, to catch a Tree of Life Awakening, revisit Pandora or even view ROL. But it was warm and muggy, crowds were heavy and I could tell my party had had enough. We perused the gift stores on Discovery Island (still hoping to find that elusive Minnie Rockette ornament) before exiting the park.

Remarkably we did not have to wait for our bus and were back at the Lodge in time to grab water and cookies from the lounge before stepping out on our balcony.

HEA night #6!
43A7E0A0-3B56-4273-B4B2-94ADD6EEE7C5.jpeg

DisneyGigi

I have caught up to page 12, my pictures quit loading, so I am going to exit the app, and retry. Happily Ever After, I can’t wait to see again, we watched it from Poly, and couldn’t see the projections, plus our older step grandson, was having a major meltdown, so I could not concentrate on it, or enjoy it too much. Watching videos of it, it looks amazing though. I loved Wishes, like Em, so I have hope, it will be awesome without the distractions.

The bike, I am laughing so hard about. We rented the big bike and my son and Daughter in law, bailed. The hubby and I made two treks around, by ourselves, after eating way too much at Cape May Cafe. I looked down on one of the hills, and he was not peddling. Just me, soaking wet in 95ish August heat! It was horrid, but fun. I want to do it again, but not a 5-6 seater, with 2, and sometimes just me doing the work!

I love the title of your report, it so sums me up. I love summer so much and when we go in late August/September, as much as I look forward to Disney- I know summer is almost over. Still excited at 48 days to go, but not at all ready to say goodbye to the beauty and warmth of summer.

AKemily

“Let’s get some Photopass pictures before leaving Pandora,” I said.

The CM took two pictures. TWO!!

The first one was very nice.
View attachment 296714

The second?

We were hoping for a magic shot. In fact Em was certain she was being posed for a magic shot. We got a “magic” shot all right.......but nothing could have prepared Em for the horror of the final product.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I PRESENT TO YOU THE MOST AWKWARD, EMBARRASSING AND MORTIFYING FAMILY PHOTO AN ADULT CHILD WILL EVER ENDURE ~

View attachment 296713

You’re welcome.
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Thanks for the laugh!!
We perused the gift stores on Discovery Island (still hoping to find that elusive Minnie Rockette ornament) before exiting the park.
@krause and I found about 1,000 of these at the Christmas store in Disney Springs on our trip in February. Not sure if that’s still the case!

mlegerto

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I PRESENT TO YOU THE MOST AWKWARD, EMBARRASSING AND MORTIFYING FAMILY PHOTO AN ADULT CHILD WILL EVER ENDURE ~

6b30648d-9156-4da0-8d77-e27dd100c85f-jpeg.296713

You’re welcome.

O....M...Gosh! I would be petrified of this family photo. Poor Em, hope she's recovered LOL. :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

A Mickey bar for whoever correctly guesses this type of giraffe (it ain’t reticulated 😉)
3d47995f-57fe-4eb7-802b-c0351fb3fd5f-jpeg.296724

Masai giraffe! So, should we meet now or later to share a Mickey bar? LOL What a beautiful photo!

fractal

“Let’s get some Photopass pictures before leaving Pandora,” I said.

The CM took two pictures. TWO!!

The first one was very nice.
View attachment 296714

The second?

We were hoping for a magic shot. In fact Em was certain she was being posed for a magic shot. We got a “magic” shot all right.......but nothing could have prepared Em for the horror of the final product.

View attachment 296713

You’re welcome.

Lol!

Could always be worse. :D

a98015_family-portrait_4-tree.jpg

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I hope there are chair cushions someplace....otherwise this furniture looks extremely uncomfortable.
1e89ecde-cd0d-4886-8acd-12a25c10e5b4-jpeg.296643

Yes, there are normally cushions on those chairs. In fact, it's a great location to grab a drink and hang out by Bay Lake.

Private event? The place was empty!

It doesn't get more Private than that!!

6b30648d-9156-4da0-8d77-e27dd100c85f-jpeg.296713

I see a future Tuvalu family Christmas Card!!! :hilarious::hilarious:

93boomer

Premium Member
We saw this guy after exiting FOP.

View attachment 296704
I’m sure he wows kids but he didn’t do much for us.

I, on the other hand, was hoping to wow Woody with our dinner location....Satu’li Canteen.
View attachment 296705

We did not use mobile ordering since I wanted Woody to have the full experience. There were only a few folks in line so mobile ordering wasn’t necessary anyway.

He was very pleased with his meal!
View attachment 296706
(Well except for the Boba balls....does anyone actually like those things?)

I will never order any protein except the steak. So so good!
View attachment 296708

Em was feeling a little “off” and chose to have a kids bowl.
View attachment 296707
It was still a hearty portion. And no Boba balls!

View attachment 296709
My favorite restaurant since you put out the word last trip!!!!! I want some now!! Sorry Em didn't feel well. The bowls are a good size. That's what I got. Delish!

93boomer

Premium Member

riverside

Premium Member
Dark clouds began to form in the distance and Em and I decided we should head to the bus stop, since we were not prepared to get caught in a downpour. We had only a short wait for a bus and were soon dropping off the packages in our room.

Woody was just finishing up a call. Em and I had an appointment and the still-dark sky was causing me to rethink our mode of transportation.

“Would you like me to drive you?” asked Woody.

“I don’t want to interrupt you,” I said.

“What better interruption than being a chauffeur for my two favorite ladies?” my hero replied.

Our better-than-Uber ride had us at our destination in no time! (We gave him 5 Stars.)

View attachment 296475

Savvy readers know that the Tambu Lounge usually means.......

.......a WDWMagic meet!!

View attachment 296473
Em and I reunited with @riverside! 😊

We first met @riverside in December at (where else) Riverside! Although she had seen Em, Woody and me last summer at the Poly (with our Tambu drinks) but had been too shy to approach us. So it was fitting for us to have a face-to-face at the place where our paths initially crossed.

We also got to meet her significant other, her sister and her cute-as-a-button four year old nephew....who took an instant liking to Em!

Island Sunsets and Lapu Lapu
View attachment 296474

It was such fun sharing our tales of our trips, upcoming plans and likes/dislikes of the parks. All too soon we said our goodbyes, as @riverside ‘s family had an ‘Ohana ADR.

And Em and I had another appointment to keep.
It was so nice to see you both again!! I had such a great time! I need to get a trip report started so I can share the story of my nephew's fascination with Em!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Happily Ever After, I can’t wait to see again, we watched it from Poly, and couldn’t see the projections, plus our older step grandson, was having a major meltdown, so I could not concentrate on it, or enjoy it too much. Watching videos of it, it looks amazing though. I loved Wishes, like Em, so I have hope, it will be awesome without the distractions.
I'd be surprised if you don't fall in love with HEA. :inlove:

The bike, I am laughing so hard about. We rented the big bike and my son and Daughter in law, bailed. The hubby and I made two treks around, by ourselves, after eating way too much at Cape May Cafe. I looked down on one of the hills, and he was not peddling. Just me, soaking wet in 95ish August heat! It was horrid, but fun. I want to do it again, but not a 5-6 seater, with 2, and sometimes just me doing the work!
This made me LOL!!!!

I love the title of your report, it so sums me up. I love summer so much and when we go in late August/September, as much as I look forward to Disney- I know summer is almost over. Still excited at 48 days to go, but not at all ready to say goodbye to the beauty and warmth of summer.
We can have our pity party on September 22. :cry:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

riverside

Premium Member
We didn’t have to go far ~ just down the stairs!

View attachment 296484

Why settle for one Magic meet when you can have TWO?!!

View attachment 296479
I’m sure many of you recognize @ajrwdwgirl 😊. She is a frequent Disney traveler (both coasts!) and graciously shares her trips with us. Currently she is on a two week WDW jaunt and I can’t wait to read all about it!

Amy and I have previously been on trips at the same time and have been thisclose to meeting (discovered after the fact :facepalm:). We were determined not to miss each other again!

Trader Sam’s was crowded but we lucked into a table as a foursome was departing. Amy mentioned it is a table she often sits at with her hubby. Today she was with a close friend and they had just arrived from a beach vacay. We ordered drinks, but none of them were the “special” drinks that cause fun things to happen at the Grog Grotto.

View attachment 296480

However, thanks to other guests, we got to see many special effects. Em and I had only been to Trader Sam’s once before and did not remember all the antics, so it was like a new experience.

View attachment 296481

We had a great time chatting with Amy and her friend. Again, all too soon, we had to say our goodbyes. They had a California Grill ADR to make!

View attachment 296482

The rain had finally started which altered our plans to walk to the Grand Floridian (where we were meeting Woody.) So we accompanied Amy and friend up to the monorail platform.....where we ran into @riverside and her family! It was one big WDWMagic meet!
It was such a nice surprise to meet @ajrwdwgirl!!Talk about being in the right place at the right time! I wish we would have more time to talk but it was nice to meet anyways!! You're right--it was one big WDWMagic meet--so why didn't any of us think to get a pic of the 4 of us together to document the occasion?:banghead:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much for this enchanting report and to Em for all her photos!
Thanks for reading along!

@krause and I found about 1,000 of these at the Christmas store in Disney Springs on our trip in February. Not sure if that’s still the case!
Well they weren't there in April, so I didn't bother to check in June. Hopefully the Minnies will be back in November!

OMG :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: A PP CM tried to pose me like this once and I flat out refused. Sometimes I wonder where they get their ideas from :joyfull:
Oh I know Em would have refused too if she knew what would follow. Just a strange picture......

My favorite restaurant since you put out the word last trip!!!!! I want some now!! Sorry Em didn't feel well. The bowls are a good size. That's what I got. Delish!
I could go for a bowl now myself! :hungry:

It was so nice to see you both again!! I had such a great time! I need to get a trip report started so I can share the story of my nephew's fascination with Em!!
You're right, you do need to get started!!
You're right--it was one big WDWMagic meet--so why didn't any of us think to get a pic of the 4 of us together to document the occasion?:banghead:
Because there were 8,000 people on the monorail platform and a train was pulling into the station? :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Could always be worse. :D

a98015_family-portrait_4-tree.jpg

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:
Perhaps if Yia-Yia hadn't been a tree climber she wouldn't require an ECV now?

(And yeah....that pic might be worse....definitely qualifies for an "Awkward Family Photo" award.)

I see a future Tuvalu family Christmas Card!!! :hilarious::hilarious:
Only if @fractal agrees to use his retro photo on his card! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom