Trip Report The Never-Ending Summer Of Disney *COMPLETED*

Seriously?!!

Can you believe it??

BC7AE996-5BB5-4770-9C10-F20CE1197633.jpeg

This is jaw-dropping news!!

If only.

Two things in life give me the blues ~ the end of summer and the end of a Disney vacation. A never-ending summer of Disney would be a dream come true! But I am certainly happy to “settle” for a WDW vacay in June....in July....and in August. 😊And rather than write three separate trip reports (and annoy @amjt660 when my *COMPLETED* report really isn’t 😉) I decided to take @Rista1313 ’s suggestion and post an ongoing travelogue, à la @blgauger style.

So let’s get started!

Vacation #1
June 16-24, 2018
Tuvalu, Woody and Em get pampered at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Was there rain? Any snarky Cast Members? Ridiculous guest behavior? A Magic meet-up? How many times did we watch Happily Ever After?

You’ll have to follow along to find out.

need2go2wdw

Ooooh, that is a bummer!!
My strategy for any flight that lands after 6 pm? Retrieve my own luggage and have it put under the DME bus. That way I can unpack right away when I get to the room and needn’t worry about being inconvenienced by a late delivery.

I did a lot more than just snap those pictures of Tuvalette’s room over the weekend.....and it wasn’t even my move.😉
Hope to post more later today.

Yes, a late arrival in the future will DEFINITELY remind us of our debacle and quickly prompt us to retrieve our bags at the airport ourselves!

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
We didn’t need a FP to go Under the Sea. (Although we have waited 45 minutes standby....unwittingly....so a FP can be an asset at peak times.)

View attachment 319213

I have mentioned before that Woody always waves to Ariel and Prince Eric at the end of the ride. And every time it makes my heart go awwwww. :inlove:

I will be a basket case the first time Woody rides with Tuvalette and Tuvaleen.

View attachment 319214
(Told ya! 😉)

Where can I find me a younger version of Woody?

93boomer

Premium Member
Plan B was Fantasyland to use a couple of bonus FPs, courtesy of CM Anne.

View attachment 319203

Want to know the coolest thing about our flight on Peter Pan today?

The Tiki on Woody’s hat glowed in the dark!!

View attachment 319204
Never lose your childlike wonder, my friends! That glowing Tiki made me giddy with delight.

Will the refurb of the Carousel ever be completed??!!

View attachment 319205

Confession ~ While Woody and I enjoy 7DMT, it is not a must-do for us. However because it is the most difficult MK FP to obtain, and because we essentially had the perfect opportunity to skip the ginormous standby line, we could not resist visiting those Dwarfs.

View attachment 319206
Yep the carousel was like that out trip too🙁

93boomer

Premium Member
We didn’t need a FP to go Under the Sea. (Although we have waited 45 minutes standby....unwittingly....so a FP can be an asset at peak times.)

View attachment 319213

I have mentioned before that Woody always waves to Ariel and Prince Eric at the end of the ride. And every time it makes my heart go awwwww. :inlove:

I will be a basket case the first time Woody rides with Tuvalette and Tuvaleen.

View attachment 319214
(Told ya! 😉)
Awww how cute is that!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Guilty 🙋🏻‍♀️ Everyone has been posting these pics in their reports and I said to George the other night “That big white boat moves on a track!!😱” to which he replied “Duh?” 🤷🏻‍♀️
To be honest....I am guilty too! After all, the ferries to/from the TTC aren’t on a track!

I love Woody's shirt!
So do I. But the man has worn it exactly twice ~ once the day he received it and for those few hours our last night.
I think he may suffer Mike Heck syndrome.

I've had moments where I wave to Ariel and Eric, too :happy:
#Metoo

Where can I find me a younger version of Woody?
They’re out there. Hope you find yours.

Hoping you are safe @Tuvalu and that your family was not in the path of Michael.
Though we were under a tornado warning we only got rain. Appreciate your concern. 💜

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday, con’t

After waving goodbye to Ariel and Eric we decided to take our last MPB ride of 2018. Can I say just how :cry: we are that there will be no grand circle tours for a long time?!! Getting a “photo op” with a train parked at the Main Street Station is not even close to riding the rails.

And it’s all because of........
06ECFCE6-1466-48B9-A701-1B2F54C8409C.jpeg

Thanks to @amjt660 ’s report of his trip to Shanghai Disneyland, I learned all about Tron. It seems like an amazing attraction and will likely end up as the “Flight of Passage” of MK....hours-long standby line, hard-to-get FP, lots of press and social media chatter. I hope I am able to ride it, but motion sensitivity may prevent me. So I am not overly excited for Tron’s arrival, which makes losing the MPB for a time harder to bear.

When we got to the Fantasyland Station a CM told us the train was not operating. Well, if we couldn’t ride the MPB, we could still ride the MPB 2.0! We began to walk the smoker’s path to Tomorrowland.

6A8B5291-34E7-43EA-A9D8-37AFF614984D.jpeg

Suddenly we heard a familiar Toot! Toot! and turned to see this ~
121964DB-848C-4AB2-8953-BB376054BA4E.jpeg

All the cars were empty!
F624ADD9-064D-436F-A843-4FA2022B59CB.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Perhaps it was due to MNSSHP last night....or that it was mid-week at the end of August....but MK was the least crowded that we’ve experienced for the first time in FOREVER (sorry, had to say it!) If only it wasn’t so brutally humid and we’d had more time to play! (Stupid Tragical pickup was ever looming.)

Woody and I moved easily from Tomorrowland through the Castle hub area on our way to our next FP.

C7C78E0E-F92C-4C32-84CA-72E1378726A2.jpeg

Now that it’s really fall, I would love a wreath like this for my front door!

We missed the Muppets Great Moments in History this vacation. However I was happy to see that
Disney finally posted a sign with the show times!

A2269CE1-2B93-44BC-8C50-5D3BA516E61B.jpeg

Can’t remember the last time I got something from the Liberty Square Market.
3BF95179-D9EA-4A92-BCE9-A27AC5CE8FF7.jpeg

After we scanned our FPs (which weren’t even necessary) I climbed into the standby queue to get another dry river pic.

69106783-F924-43D4-8787-5DD7271ED261.jpeg

This maneuver caused me to find Woody shaking his head at me! :joyfull:

And guess what....ghosts really did follow us home!
9E8E5E77-2F66-4F67-B8E0-0B79349EBF0D.jpeg

amjt660

Premium Member
Thanks for the shout out!!

Tron will be very popular because
1) new and shiny
2) futuristic
3) looks amazing at night
4) it is not that wild of a ride - smooth - no loops or corkscrews

I think you ( and most of the Disney population) will be just fine

Max

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Here is another casualty of the Tron construction. The Speedway will also close for awhile and from what I’ve read will have a shorter(!) track when it reopens.

Hmm ... shorter track. However, that might not be too bad, in the sense that when Tron debuts, the lines for the Speedway will be less--with the crowds all over at Tron. So unlike now (where I've often seen wait times 40-60 minutes), as least the people won't wait so long for the Speedway. And if they shorten the track a bit, that will also expedite more people riding in a lesser amount of time. Glad they're not getting rid of the Speedway.

We missed the Muppets Great Moments in History this vacation. However I was happy to see that
Disney finally posted a sign with the show times!

Yes, that timetable sign will be helpful. I passed by that area a few times back in May, and never caught the show, because I didn't know what time it was going to happen.)

Can’t remember the last time I got something from the Liberty Square Market.

Here's my "duh" moment ... how have I missed this area? I mean, I've walked past there, but somehow never actually took note of the sign, etc. :facepalm:

Lastly, I love your new Minnie t-shirt! That's haute couture!! :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom