Trip Report The Never-Ending Summer Of Disney *COMPLETED*

Seriously?!!

Can you believe it??

BC7AE996-5BB5-4770-9C10-F20CE1197633.jpeg

This is jaw-dropping news!!

If only.

Two things in life give me the blues ~ the end of summer and the end of a Disney vacation. A never-ending summer of Disney would be a dream come true! But I am certainly happy to “settle” for a WDW vacay in June....in July....and in August. 😊And rather than write three separate trip reports (and annoy @amjt660 when my *COMPLETED* report really isn’t 😉) I decided to take @Rista1313 ’s suggestion and post an ongoing travelogue, à la @blgauger style.

So let’s get started!

Vacation #1
June 16-24, 2018
Tuvalu, Woody and Em get pampered at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Was there rain? Any snarky Cast Members? Ridiculous guest behavior? A Magic meet-up? How many times did we watch Happily Ever After?

You’ll have to follow along to find out.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I walked past this place ~
4c3661f0-fe24-4cee-9bcf-8eeaa3f73857-jpeg.300401

Some day, I'll get there--the ice cream always looks tempting in all the pictures I've seen. Question: you mentioned something about (non-guests) not being able to walk between the two hotels (Beach & Yacht, because of the pool?)--so how do people who are not hotel guests, get to Beaches & Cream? (At least from what I've seen of maps, it always looked like you had to walk on a pathway near their pool, right?)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Some day, I'll get there--the ice cream always looks tempting in all the pictures I've seen. Question: you mentioned something about (non-guests) not being able to walk between the two hotels (Beach & Yacht, because of the pool?)--so how do people who are not hotel guests, get to Beaches & Cream? (At least from what I've seen of maps, it always looked like you had to walk on a pathway near their pool, right?)
I should have been clearer ~ the hotels do not connect via interior hallways only. The resorts connect via an exterior corridor. It is along this exterior corridor that Beaches and Cream is located (as well as restrooms, arcade and the health club.) It is accessible to the general public. Stormalong Bay pool area is fenced and entry points are monitored by CMs.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Monday, con’t

Em, Kristi and I played in the pool until lunch. Before our trip I had tried to get an ADR for Beaches and Cream without success. While in line for Soarin’ yesterday I found an ADR at the perfect time....but when I went to book it, the app froze. 😡Em and I tried for several minutes to confirm the ADR and it would not work. I vented my frustration via text to Kristi.....and she was able to snag the ADR!

Pixie dust. :inlove:

Not only were we seated at the same table as last month but Em and I ordered the same things.

Patty Melt for Em
5E1085F7-F41D-4274-AAE5-81CF85DADD26.jpeg

Grilled Chicken sandwich for me
0789431F-319E-43FD-B0A4-FA7A66C2E553.jpeg

Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken sandwich for Kristi
C8D83DE7-6925-4A67-8F4B-01570B185790.jpeg

The food was yummy as always (I do think you ordered the wrong items, @Doc Disney 😉) and there were two back-to-back Kitchen Sinks delivered while we were eating. The Kitchen Sink is presented under flashing lights with a flourish by the server and I grabbed my phone to take a picture.

“She always does that,” I heard Em whisper to Kristi.

I put my phone down.

So no 2018 Kitchen Sink picture for you fine folks.

But I went into my archives and found one from 2006......the first (and last) time the Tuvalu family ordered the Kitchen Sink.

8A57F8C1-9656-44D3-B02C-F5AE931CD36D.jpeg

The five of us did a pretty good job at finishing it. Em said she would have eaten more “if the bottom hadn’t been contaminated by mint chocolate chip.”
D51395A0-4F30-4A25-BB44-C312719CE8EC.jpeg

Em and I jokingly offered to share a Kitchen Sink with Kristi. However it was more sensible for her and Em to share a No Way Jose.

0103F583-EBBA-455C-9664-7512E17A12D2.jpeg

E8519801-BE42-4355-B59F-9555381E9B3D.jpeg

No ice cream for me today @Longers.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We went back into the water after lunch. (We didn’t wait the proper 30 minutes. 😜)

There was some dark sky in the distance but nothing threatening. Kristi said she wanted to ride the slide before any weather issues and Em offered to go with her. I waited near the bottom of the slide to capture the historic moment.

552EB4D3-9F56-4BBB-8953-69906C14BE55.jpeg

Alas, history was not made that day my friends. Just a moment later whistles blew and the lifeguards shouted, “Pool’s closed!”

I’m guessing lightning had been detected on the radar.

Fortunately for Em and Kristi, they had not begun the long climb up the ship’s stairs to the slide. I met them and we hauled our stuff from our loungers up to our room.

WHICH HAD NOT BEEN SERVICED!!!

Seriously? The housekeeper was ready to barge in at 8:30 am but didn’t have any time in the last five and a half hours to service our room??!!

Kristi needed to get herself cleaned up before her departure and I told her to go ahead and shower.

You know what’s coming, right?

Kristi had just started showering when there was a knock on our door. “Housekeeping!” :banghead:

I answered and requested she return in an hour. As I closed the door Em said, “You realize she’s probably not going to come back?”

“Yup,” I sighed.

By now it was raining. Em and I wouldn’t have any more pool time today. We chatted with Kristi until it was time for her to leave. I’m sure in hindsight Kristi wished she had left MUCH earlier.

But you’ll have to read her report to find out why.

Megbutnotmegan

Monday, con’t

Em, Kristi and I played in the pool until lunch. Before our trip I had tried to get an ADR for Beaches and Cream without success. While in line for Soarin’ yesterday I found an ADR at the perfect time....but when I went to book it, the app froze. 😡Em and I tried for several minutes to confirm the ADR and it would not work. I vented my frustration via text to Kristi.....and she was able to snag the ADR!

Pixie dust. :inlove:

Not only were we seated at the same table as last month but Em and I ordered the same things.

Patty Melt for Em
View attachment 300804

Grilled Chicken sandwich for me
View attachment 300805

Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken sandwich for Kristi
View attachment 300802

The food was yummy as always (I do think you ordered the wrong items, @Doc Disney 😉) and there were two back-to-back Kitchen Sinks delivered while we were eating. The Kitchen Sink is presented under flashing lights with a flourish by the server and I grabbed my phone to take a picture.

“She always does that,” I heard Em whisper to Kristi.

I put my phone down.

So no 2018 Kitchen Sink picture for you fine folks.

But I went into my archives and found one from 2006......the first (and last) time the Tuvalu family ordered the Kitchen Sink.

View attachment 300798

The five of us did a pretty good job at finishing it. Em said she would have eaten more “if the bottom hadn’t been contaminated by mint chocolate chip.”
View attachment 300800

Em and I jokingly offered to share a Kitchen Sink with Kristi. However it was more sensible for her and Em to share a No Way Jose.

View attachment 300803

View attachment 300806

No ice cream for me today @Longers.
I knew Em was good people. Mint chip is the grossest.

Skibum1970

It felt wonderful to remove my wet items (I literally wrung out my socks!) and put on pjs. Just as we heard the first booms from Illuminations, we saw a BIG lightning strike outside our room ~ through the blackout drapes!

Then we were unsure if the booms we heard were from Illuminations or a thunderstorm. Either way we were content to be in our room and not out in the elements.

We went to sleep happy to be in Disney beds again

So, did you do the "Fractal Mile", inspired by @fractal when he walked through Beach or Yacht Club in his bare feet? He mentioned that it was so comfortable that he and his son also engaged in the Fractal Mile (my name for his walk). Double the Fractal, double the comfort.

slipperalwaysfits

YIKES!!! Sorry about your room service, or lack thereof! That stinks:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I do love Beaches and Cream! We've been looking for one for our fall trip and we finally found one at a time that works for us! Persistence pays off, my friends!! I'm glad you were able to find the reservation! WDW meetup friends for the win to help with reservations!

I don't think I'll ever have a big enough group to finish a Kitchen Sink, but I do love MCC at the bottom! Yum! I've heard there's a mini kitchen-sink in the Magic Kingdom, we'll have to order it someday!

Sorry the pool time didn't work out! That is a bit of a bummer to miss the slide by mere seconds before it closed! Oh, well! Next time!!!

[QUOTE
By now it was raining. Em and I wouldn’t have any more pool time today. We chatted with Kristi until it was time for her to leave. I’m sure in hindsight Kristi wished she had left MUCH earlier.

But you’ll have to read her report to find out why.[/QUOTE]

YES! I want to read her report! Do you happen to have a link or her screen name, because I'm eager to read her report and have forgotten her SN! Thanks!

susan lees

We went back into the water after lunch. (We didn’t wait the proper 30 minutes. 😜)

There was some dark sky in the distance but nothing threatening. Kristi said she wanted to ride the slide before any weather issues and Em offered to go with her. I waited near the bottom of the slide to capture the historic moment.

View attachment 300845

Alas, history was not made that day my friends. Just a moment later whistles blew and the lifeguards shouted, “Pool’s closed!”

I’m guessing lightning had been detected on the radar.

Fortunately for Em and Kristi, they had not begun the long climb up the ship’s stairs to the slide. I met them and we hauled our stuff from our loungers up to our room.

WHICH HAD NOT BEEN SERVICED!!!

Seriously? The housekeeper was ready to barge in at 8:30 am but didn’t have any time in the last five and a half hours to service our room??!!

Kristi needed to get herself cleaned up before her departure and I told her to go ahead and shower.

You know what’s coming, right?

Kristi had just started showering when there was a knock on our door. “Housekeeping!” :banghead:

I answered and requested she return in an hour. As I closed the door Em said, “You realize she’s probably not going to come back?”

“Yup,” I sighed.

But you’ll have to read her report to find out why.
I know you can't opt out of housekeeping at deluxe resorts but we are going to opt out at POFQ in November for that reason. Last year we felt we were always tip toeing around housekeeping and we are the guests! So now I will have an extra $90 and can freshen up the room fine as just two of us and we are not messy.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
So, did you do the "Fractal Mile", inspired by @fractal when he walked through Beach or Yacht Club in his bare feet? He mentioned that it was so comfortable that he and his son also engaged in the Fractal Mile (my name for his walk). Double the Fractal, double the comfort.
Nope, didn't bare my tootsies in the halls.

YES! I want to read her report! Do you happen to have a link or her screen name, because I'm eager to read her report and have forgotten her SN! Thanks!
I linked @sheriffwoody 's TR in an earlier post:
I am so thankful she started her TR today, so y’all can read her backstory.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...y-swam-in-stormalong-bay.946426/#post-8321707

Last year we felt we were always tip toeing around housekeeping and we are the guests!
What a perfect analogy! On my last three trips I have felt the same way!!!

gobstoper27

Here’s Em ~

View attachment 300422

And who do we have here? Why it’s @sheriffwoody!!

View attachment 300423

I am so thankful she started her TR today, so y’all can read her backstory.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...y-swam-in-stormalong-bay.946426/#post-8321707

This was Kristi’s departure day and Em and I were glad she could hang out with us for awhile.😊 The sun, which felt wonderful, was strong and it wasn’t long before we found ourselves here ~
Now all we needed is for @fractal to have magically appeared and this would have been the most epic meetup of my 3 favorite trip reporters!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom