Trip Report The Never-Ending Summer Of Disney *COMPLETED*

Seriously?!!

Can you believe it??

BC7AE996-5BB5-4770-9C10-F20CE1197633.jpeg

This is jaw-dropping news!!

If only.

Two things in life give me the blues ~ the end of summer and the end of a Disney vacation. A never-ending summer of Disney would be a dream come true! But I am certainly happy to “settle” for a WDW vacay in June....in July....and in August. 😊And rather than write three separate trip reports (and annoy @amjt660 when my *COMPLETED* report really isn’t 😉) I decided to take @Rista1313 ’s suggestion and post an ongoing travelogue, à la @blgauger style.

So let’s get started!

Vacation #1
June 16-24, 2018
Tuvalu, Woody and Em get pampered at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Was there rain? Any snarky Cast Members? Ridiculous guest behavior? A Magic meet-up? How many times did we watch Happily Ever After?

You’ll have to follow along to find out.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
So happy to see @krause, @disneypearl, @MinnieM123, @riverside, @TheMouseFan, @Big Hair, @Gurt, @LSV, @fractal, @LeighM, @93boomer, @Tony the Tigger, @MegRuss626, @PacNWTigger, @RememberWhen and everyone else who wish to remain in the shadows. WELCOME. The memes made me laugh!

I’m here! Can’t wait to read all about it! I will be in the World July 14-21! Any chance our dates match up?
No. 😢

that's going to be us one day. We will be there in two weeks.
Have a magical time!

I can only hope my future summers consist of a Disney trip each month :joyfull:
I hope so too! But be patient.....it took me a looong time to get here.

You know I'm in! So far I have June and July covered too. I'm trying to see if a late August can happen....
MAKE. IT. HAPPEN.

Shouldn't the question be "How many times did we ride BTMRR?"
Touchè :joyfull:

I'm in! Yay something else to read while I should be working! :joyfull:
I take no responsibility should you get caught. 😉

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, June 16

We awoke at zero dark thirty to prepare for the drive south. Actually, thanks to the summer solstice it did not remain dark for long ~ light began to dawn just before 6:30 am. Those of you who live in the true east of the “Eastern” Time Zone, where sunrise is at 5 am, are likely surprised by this hour. But Atlanta is only an hour away from Central Time Zone so our mornings are dark. It was nice to begin our drive without using headlights!

It was a little difficult to say goodbye to those left behind.

CD2E957D-A937-4933-956E-07C444F59AC3.jpeg

Poly, our Christmas tree-climber

C8D90D71-CEF7-4A72-8870-96B3F9847FB0.jpeg

Kona, fetcher of hair bands (He would go crazy on Everest!)

We left them in good hands. ❤️

America runs on Dunkin’ and so do Woody and Em, so we made a quick stop in the drive-thru before getting on the interstate. Approximately 90 minutes later we stopped for a proper breakfast.
F7B8D8BB-A704-4112-B3BA-5D3DD71F9BDB.jpeg

For the next few hours we marveled at the sights in South Georgia and North Florida < insert sarcasm font >.

Our fuel tank was running on empty (as was the car’s) so we took a lunch break.
8199ABC3-7D6D-4EB5-84F8-7749B1FB50A7.jpeg

Woody and I were fond of Sonny’s when we lived in Florida and we try to grab a meal whenever we are driving through the Sunshine State.

D8D387EC-DED1-4D4C-87B5-5B22F96407C2.jpeg

Lunch special ~ pulled pork sandwich with fries and a drink. Very filling.

A couple hours later we saw the Most Magical Entrance in the World.
7A3C88A2-C6FB-4749-B524-021F02F93354.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom