The MVMCP is the best time to do rides!!!

I went to the xmas party on Dec 4th.. and I loved it!!! I really thought it was awesome how they put the big band out front on the train station to play music as you entered the park.. and everything looked great!!

The xmas stuff was fun.. snow on mainstreet was cool.. the xmas fireworks were amazing!!! My favorite part is when they say Wishes at the end while doing the shooting star fireworks.. very cool thing to do for fans of Wishes like me. Oh.. and the holiday hop thing was hilarious. There were these teenage dudes doing all these funny dances with chip and dale during the rap songs.. so funny. Watching Chip doing the old school robot dance etc.. haha.

Anyway.. we snuck on a few rides in between the festivities and we noticed that there were like no lines for anyhing.. everything was walk on!! It was the best time we ever had in the park... untill..

Two days later we bought MVMCP tickets again!!! This time we just ran thru the park doing all the rides since we already seen the xmas festivities. This was truely the best time we ever had in the Magic Kingdom. Everything again was walk on.. well except for Peter Pan for some reason.. I never did this ride.. its always a long line.. even during the xmas parties. But rides like Splash and Thunder were dead!! We had whole logs to ourselves in splash.. and Thunder kept going around and around.. we didnt even have to get off the ride because nobody was in our row. Oh also we had our own boat on Pirates, etc.

If anyone has a chance to do two xmas parties.. DO IT! Do all the xmas stuff the first party and go nuts on the attractions the second party because it really feels like you have the rides all to yourselves. Amazing!! :wave:

boo52

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
My favorite part is when they say Wishes at the end while doing the shooting star fireworks.. very cool thing to do for fans of Wishes like me.
You are the first person that has posted that noticed the little homage to regular Wishes in the show.

lmfetter

Hey Question what is this Christmas Party thing all about and also when do the offer it and how much.

Sorry if this is too much info to ask for I have never really heard about it before now, thanks

disneykorn

Im glad you had a good time. I went on Dec 2nd and, (i blame this mostly on the fact that the parade taping was going on) I had the worst mvvcp I had ever experienced. There was no atmosphere, no big brass band like you mentioned, and the snow was off most of the time. Plus it was crowded like on a normal day, some lines were hour long. I love the christmas party, and It sounds like the way you experienced is how i remembered it to be, and liked it to be. Hopefully my experience on the 2nd was simply bad luck.

napnet

We went on the 4th too and had so much fun. We rode Splash, Space and Thunder Mountain with NO line... Splash we didnt even have to get up to ride it again. Anyways we saw Holiday Wishes and the Second Parade. Was so amazing and wasnt even that crowded. We found a great spot infront of the castle to watch Wishes from 20 minutes before hand.

nmj91385

I too was there on the 4th and found it amazing! I love the party festivities and atmosphere. it's so laid back compared to a regualr day at the park. I feel like it's time to relax and take notice to the little details. On splash they just kept sending us. Unfortunately that's how we got so wet by 10! I did the halloween party this year too. I love the parties!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
disneykorn said:
Im glad you had a good time. I went on Dec 2nd and, (i blame this mostly on the fact that the parade taping was going on) I had the worst mvvcp I had ever experienced. There was no atmosphere, no big brass band like you mentioned, and the snow was off most of the time. Plus it was crowded like on a normal day, some lines were hour long. I love the christmas party, and It sounds like the way you experienced is how i remembered it to be, and liked it to be. Hopefully my experience on the 2nd was simply bad luck.
Splash and Thunder were dead that night....

imamouse

I only hope our family has such a great time as the OP. We are going on one of the sold out nights (no other option for us), so I'm worried that the lines will be long and my kids will be disappointed.

Are sold out nights as crowded as daytime traffic? I believe Disney sells 20,000 tickets per night. Sounds like a crowd to me, but the park is huge, so I can't tell if it's going to be bad or not.

If anyone here has gone on a sold out night, I'd love to hear about your experience. Thanks!
:xmas:

clarkstallings

20000 guests is a light day at the Magic Kingdom. It reaches capacity at around 70000. You should be fine. I'm going on the 18th and it is sold out and I'm not worried.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom