The Musical Fifth Gate WDW Open Brainstorm

mickeyfan5534

I somewhat tend to turn towards the IPs but focusing on their musical styles respectively. Think of a gospel unit for hercules, a latin american music unit for coco or the three caballeros(maybe combine the two), a jazz unit for princess and the frog, a jungle rhythm unit etc. If we do the water based parade, we could have smaller floats featuring puppets or dancers as tweeners.
Exactly what I was thinking. Soundsational by way of Disney Carnival.

mickeyfan5534

Exactly what I was thinking. Soundsational by way of Disney Carnival.
Just off the top of my head:
Mickey Mouse Marching band
Arabic Aladdin
Calypso Little Mermaid
Royal Ball/Classical Princesses
Folk Frozen or Tangled
Latin America Three Caballeros and Coco
Jazz Princess and the Frog
Techno Big Hero Six
Villains Disco could be hilarious
A Goofy Movie Pop/Rock (what would you call Powerline?)
Jungle Beat
Polynesian Moana
The Sword in the Stone minstrel

Last edited:

orlando678-

Original Poster
Arabic Aladdin
Calypso Little Mermaid
Folk Frozen
Techno Big Hero Six
Jungle Beat
Polynesian Moana
Pretty good line-up but I somewhat doubt the presence of certain movies since music barely plays a role in their stories or films like big hero 6 and the sword in the stone. Also I feel like Lilo and Stitch could be a fun franchise to work with, especially with the mix of hawaiian tunes and elvis presley songs in its soundtrack(maybe even better than Moana imo). Furthermore Id love to include Hercules and The Aristocats, because I feel music is really intertwined with the stories there.

mickeyfan5534

Pretty good line-up but I somewhat doubt the presence of certain movies since music barely plays a role in their stories or films like big hero 6 and the sword in the stone. Also I feel like Lilo and Stitch could be a fun franchise to work with, especially with the mix of hawaiian tunes and elvis presley songs in its soundtrack(maybe even better than Moana imo). Furthermore Id love to include Hercules and The Aristocats, because I feel music is really intertwined with the stories there.
Oh yeah Hercules is absolutely needed. However, I think that Moana can exist as a purely Polynesian while I think Lilo and Stitch can take a classic rock theme. Aristocats has the problem of its main genre being taken by a frankly better option unless we do a two part boat which can absolutely work and could look really cool on the water. Big Hero 6 I just thought could look cool and Sword in the Stone was more of a spitball

orlando678-

Original Poster
Any updates on the Big Band Era and Hip Hop areas ?? I've tried to do some research myself but besides a hip hop flat ride I couldnt really think of anything else. Anyone else who maybe has some ideas?

mickeyfan5534

Any updates on the Big Band Era and Hip Hop areas ?? I've tried to do some research myself but besides a hip hop flat ride I couldnt really think of anything else. Anyone else who maybe has some ideas?
Big Band could have Big Band Beat. I think that you could make a cool nightclub type restaurant out of the theme too.

Miru

Arabic Aladdin
Calypso Little Mermaid
Folk Frozen or Tangled
Techno Big Hero Six
Jungle Beat
Polynesian Moana

Plus:

* Muppet Showtunes
* Big Band Star Wars
* GOTG Hip-Hop (in reference to Peter’s Zune), or 70s
* Spider-Man Dubstep (if Universal loses the rights)
* The villain disco float could change to a death metal float during the Halloween season.

Last edited:

mickeyfan5534

Plus:

* Muppet Psychedelic
* Big Band Star Wars
* GOTG Hip-Hop (in reference to Peter’s Zune)
* Spider-Man Dubstep (if Universal loses the rights)
* The villain disco float could change to a death metal float during the Halloween season.
Broke: Muppet Psychedelic and Guardians Hip Hop
Woke: Muppets Showtunes and Guardians 70s

Miru

As for the dragster thing, I think L&S and it’s adoration of the king would be the thematic glue to make it pop. I have an idea for the park-wide transit; a series of cars shaped like musical notes connected to each other in a train that sort of zig-zags around the park.

orlando678-

Original Poster
As for the dragster thing, I think L&S and it’s adoration of the king would be the thematic glue to make it pop. I have an idea for the park-wide transit; a series of cars shaped like musical notes connected to each other in a train that sort of zig-zags around the park.
Those ideas sound great!

Heppenheimer

I'm really late to this discussion. I love the concept for many of the reasons laid out.

However, I will say that I wouldn't trust the current management to do justice to the theme. In order for the concept to work, it would need to focus on universally loved musical classics. But from a business perspective, this would offer far less opportunities for cross-promotion. Chapek can't resist the urge to sell us stuff, so I fear a musical park would be filled not with well-loved music that has passed its peak monetization potential, but rather with whatever flash-in-the-pan act Chapek can promote in exchange for advertising dollars.

Miru

I'm really late to this discussion. I love the concept for many of the reasons laid out.

However, I will say that I wouldn't trust the current management to do justice to the theme. In order for the concept to work, it would need to focus on universally loved musical classics. But from a business perspective, this would offer far less opportunities for cross-promotion. Chapek can't resist the urge to sell us stuff, so I fear a musical park would be filled not with well-loved music that has passed its peak monetization potential, but rather with whatever flash-in-the-pan act Chapek can promote in exchange for advertising dollars.
Remember when DCA was like that in the early 2000s? I’m convinced we’ll have this park see a golden age about a decade after its inception before mutating into a different kind of badness by the end of the decade, just like DCA did.
I feel like perhaps we could get an attraction based around whalesong and/or birdsongs, to reflect the music of nature.

Haymarket

I'd have a scaled-down Capitol Records building in a pop/rock land, housing some kind of ride. Within that land, I'd also have Motown, Latin, and K-pop features. Maybe Elvis as well.

Capitol_Records_sunset.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom