The Musical Fifth Gate WDW Open Brainstorm

khlaylav

I've got a sort of random idea for a kid's section of the park, but anyone else remember those Disney sing-along VHS tapes they used to put out? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Sing-Along_Songs I'm picturing somewhat of either a mild coaster or mild simulator that essentially puts the ride vehicle in the role of the bouncing Mickey Mouse icon from those shorts, letting YOU ride through the song and sing along. A simulator would allow for a little more variety while a coaster would be more physical and probably allow for some animatronics. The pre-show would be Professor Owl, Ludvig von Drake or Jiminy Cricket introducing the concept and saying with the help of von Drake, they've pioneered a technology to let you "be the song." Thoughts or suggestions on what songs?

orlando678-

Original Poster
I've got a sort of random idea for a kid's section of the park, but anyone else remember those Disney sing-along VHS tapes they used to put out? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Sing-Along_Songs I'm picturing somewhat of either a mild coaster or mild simulator that essentially puts the ride vehicle in the role of the bouncing Mickey Mouse icon from those shorts, letting YOU ride through the song and sing along. A simulator would allow for a little more variety while a coaster would be more physical and probably allow for some animatronics. The pre-show would be Professor Owl, Ludvig von Drake or Jiminy Cricket introducing the concept and saying with the help of von Drake, they've pioneered a technology to let you "be the song." Thoughts or suggestions on what songs?
Hmmm would you care to elaborate?? Like riding on the lyrics of a song basically?

khlaylav

Hmmm would you care to elaborate?? Like riding on the lyrics of a song basically?
That's pretty much it, yeah. I'm thinking a simulator so it could be like new Star Tours, where the ride changes based on a couple of things. In this case, it'll pick three songs from a few different categories like Wonder (example song: Prince Ali), Fear (Be Prepared), Love (Kiss the Girl), Friendship (Hakuna Matata) and Adventure (Just Around the Riverbend).

orlando678-

Original Poster
That's pretty much it, yeah. I'm thinking a simulator so it could be like new Star Tours, where the ride changes based on a couple of things. In this case, it'll pick three songs from a few different categories like Wonder (example song: Prince Ali), Fear (Be Prepared), Love (Kiss the Girl), Friendship (Hakuna Matata) and Adventure (Just Around the Riverbend).
Hmmm wouldn't that be sort of like Philharmagic though? I mean it sounds like an interesting concept that we could combine with Philharmagic maybe, but the two together could be too similar.

orlando678-

Original Poster
Hmm okay so now we have to figure a few things out..
What do we keep in and what do we leave out from the early sketches?
Do we add anything?
What area will serve as our opening land?
Where and what will be our park's weenie?
How many parades will our park have and what will they be like?
What will our parks nighttime and daytime spectaculars and shows be like?
What kind of dining, shopping, atmosphere and immersive walk-around experiences will our park offer?

For me, when it comes to the parade,I think we should have a large expanded version of Soundsational parade as our daytime spectacular. The icon could be anything, it could be the Music Land isles or the large moving organ we talked about before or Mount Olympus from fantasia or something completely different. What do you guys think?

mickeyfan5534

Hmm okay so now we have to figure a few things out..
What do we keep in and what do we leave out from the early sketches?
Do we add anything?
What area will serve as our opening land?
Where and what will be our park's weenie?
How many parades will our park have and what will they be like?
What will our parks nighttime and daytime spectaculars and shows be like?
What kind of dining, shopping, atmosphere and immersive walk-around experiences will our park offer?

For me, when it comes to the parade,I think we should have a large expanded version of Soundsational parade as our daytime spectacular. The icon could be anything, it could be the Music Land isles or the large moving organ we talked about before or Mount Olympus from fantasia or something completely different. What do you guys think?
Something I think could be really different is a water parade. Not something like DisneySea’s harbor shows but an actual parade on the water.

Matt7187

I am a big fan of what you have done thus far, but feel that there is a need for hip hop to have some presence in the park. While it is obviously not the mosr family friendly music at times, it is the largest genre in the world right now and is not going anywhere. A smaller land based on either NYC, LA, both, or neither could work wonders and also bring in a large demographic of younger people who don't have interest in classical music or Rock n roll. Eventually I will brainstorm a more developed idea, but thought it was worth throwing out there.

orlando678-

Original Poster
I am a big fan of what you have done thus far, but feel that there is a need for hip hop to have some presence in the park. While it is obviously not the mosr family friendly music at times, it is the largest genre in the world right now and is not going anywhere. A smaller land based on either NYC, LA, both, or neither could work wonders and also bring in a large demographic of younger people who don't have interest in classical music or Rock n roll. Eventually I will brainstorm a more developed idea, but thought it was worth throwing out there.
That sounds great. If we can make it family friendly and find a way to build rides around that, it could be done right of course. Maybe use the streetmosphere idea that was mentioned before as well. I hope we can find a way to make the land a bit more fictional than just the streets of LA or NY though,since the other lands also really focus on the music inspired architecture.

Matt7187

That sounds great. If we can make it family friendly and find a way to build rides around that, it could be done right of course. Maybe use the streetmosphere idea that was mentioned before as well. I hope we can find a way to make the land a bit more fictional than just the streets of LA or NY though,since the other lands also really focus on the music inspired architecture.
Yeah, this weekend I should have some free time to draft something up a bit more detailed and creative than what I mentioned, but it was the first thing that came to mind.

orlando678-

Original Poster
Last night I had an idea for Calypso Coast. I know we have some Little Mermaid presence at MK already, but I feel like Sebastian would perfectly fit in with the Calypso theme, so maybe we could have him in a spinner ride, audio animatronic show or even restaurant with audio animatronic side show. What do you guys think?

mickeyfan5534

Last night I had an idea for Calypso Coast. I know we have some Little Mermaid presence at MK already, but I feel like Sebastian would perfectly fit in with the Calypso theme, so maybe we could have him in a spinner ride, audio animatronic show or even restaurant with audio animatronic side show. What do you guys think?
If Beauty and the Beast can be at three different parks, I think Little Mermaid can do the same.

orlando678-

Original Poster
I can picture a showstop involving those effects. Maybe have little “tweeners” between the major boats to hold effects.
Okay for the parade, we'll need units. Will we go with the classic concept of using various IPs per unit, styles per unit or maybe do something completely original like Legends of Mythica at Tokyo DisneySEA?

I somewhat tend to turn towards the IPs but focusing on their musical styles respectively. Think of a gospel unit for hercules, a latin american music unit for coco or the three caballeros(maybe combine the two), a jazz unit for princess and the frog, a jungle rhythm unit etc. If we do the water based parade, we could have smaller floats featuring puppets or dancers as tweeners.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom