The most you've paid for flights...

mbroschak

I've been watching flights literally everyday for the last two months and finally saw flights drop with taxes to $700 per person for my girlfriend and I roundtrip from Kelowna, BC, Canada and I was soooo excited! They've been $800-$1000 almost every other time I've checked. I know it seems ridiculous, but I'm hoping there are some other Disney-holics out there who can relate to this coming from a long way away that will pay basically anything to get back to the world and I'd love to hear some of the silly prices others have paid.
This is by a few dollars the most I've ever paid, but from this part of the world, not unusual.
This thread is not for those who got that $49 flight...I know you're out there, we just don't have that luxury from such a long distance and from another country with all those magical international taxes.

lbrad

Thanksgiving 2008 we paid $400 RT/each BWI to MCO:eek:

This trip (Sept) $200 RT/each.

When e go as a family (5) ... we drive!

Upvote 0

chwilson88

From Boston to Orlando, Jet blue, paid $550 per person round trip for upcoming April 2012 trip. It is school vacation week for the northeast so that's why the hike in price. Otherwise it would've been more like $200-300 per person. Times of the year heavily influence the prices obviously.

Upvote 0

disneyworld07

Hahaha I had a quote for flights during the easter break next year (2012) and flights were £1400 per person!!!!!

THAT IS APPROX $2250 PER PERSON!! Flights only!! And that was with a company which always offer reasonable prices! :hammer:

No wonder we all have to take kids out of school lol.....

(this is from UK to MCO)

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I hate to admit this but I might as well.... We splurged once (December '07) on first class and flew out of the small regional airport that's literally across from our neighborhood. We paid about $650 per person round trip. We were on a little prop-job from Beaumont to Houston then first class from IAH to MCO. Of course, the morning we were headed down Houston was fogged in and wasn't taking arrivals. We ended up about 4 hours late departing here, missed our connection, didn't even sit together in coach from Houston to Orlando, but did get refunded a little over $900 for that flight (because it was a fully refundable fare and we didn't get first class). It was a total nightmare getting there. The first class on the way back was nice. Took a little of the edge off the sadness of coming home. I'm glad we could do it once. I don't see us ever doing it again. Hubby watches flights and stuff continually because he's such an aviation buff. He's not seen round trip first class out of Houston for less than about $1100 in years.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

We paid just over $300 per person R/T out of Albany, NY last year on Southwest. This year we are at $240 per person R/T with Jet Blue out of Newburgh, NY because Southwest was just to high.

What is hard to believe is that only 5 years ago we would regularly pay $49 each way out of Albany with Southwest.

I think $350 is about my limit.

Upvote 0

Jeff456

Yeah each person, wow that's pretty expensive, we never pay anywhere close to that for our trip :eek:
What sort of time of year are you going? Its August flights that are the killer, can definitely get flights for more like £400-500 in other months.

Upvote 0
I've paid as little as $150ish to the usual fare of around $200 round trip. I think the most I paid from Dayton, Ohio to MCO is $220.

I'm pretty lucky that the airport is so close to me and I can get direct flights at perfect times, early on the arrival and late on the departure for that amount.

Upvote 0

KeithVH

Wow. I feel better now. For the last 8 years flying out of Seattle, I think the most we ever paid for RT was $320 thru Alaska. That seems to be close to the going rate for a down the east coast type of flight.

DW has been pricing flights for February and we're looking at ~$800 RT - for first class. Gonna splurge since it's the redeye and our 2th anniversary. Since the kids won't make this trip, we think this is worth the expense.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Wow. I feel better now. For the last 8 years flying out of Seattle, I think the most we ever paid for RT was $320 thru Alaska. That seems to be close to the going rate for a down the east coast type of flight.

DW has been pricing flights for February and we're looking at ~$800 RT - for first class. Gonna splurge since it's the redeye and our 2th anniversary. Since the kids won't make this trip, we think this is worth the expense.

Congrats on your anniversary! Definitely a good time to celebrate with a big splurge. It's fun to experience what it's like to sit in the big seats. The one time I got bumped when I was flying home by myself from a doll collectors event I ended up getting a free upgrade to first class. Since I didn't pay for it I felt weird/guilty partaking of the perks. The nicest ever male flight attendant really was persistent, told me if I wouldn't take a drink from him before takeoff he was gonna sit in my seat & drink one. Lol! He said sometimes nice things come your way and it would be a shame to not enjoy them. Agreed! I had a beer before takeoff and 2 more before we got to Houston. Such a fun memory, the day I had a free beer and chocolate picnic on my way home! :D

Upvote 0

mjmyers10

We usually pay around $200 a person (including fees) for Philly to MCO. Anything over $300 a person, I would probably just drive. We leave at 3 am and are in the World by dinnertime. Check with your local travel agent because they should have access to special rates that you do not have access to. If you are close to the US boarder, maybe you can drive to the US then fly to MCO. Just a thought.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Same here Fosse, For my next two trips, it was just under $200.00 on the first one and just under $230 for the second one ( flying over holidays you know!!) so not bad all in all. Marie

Thats what mine are too (NYC/EWR as well) but I am running in the Wine and Dine half marathon, and we could only get away for the weekend, so we are stuck on dates. Ended up paying $508 a piece for tickets out of EWR. :(

-dave

Upvote 0

docdebbi

would you believe i just paid $800 each for my family to fly phila to orlando and back last week?
i wanted to get out friday before hurricane irene hit us here on saturday so after spending 3 hours on hold with usair and NEVER GETTING AN ANSWER, i just bit the bullet and bought 6 new one way tickets to orlando for $2000 total.
i kept trying to call even saturday morning before our scheduled flight (read as- another 3 hours on hold) to transfer the reservation and only pay a change fee of $150 per ticket but never got through! so do you know what that means? the return portion of my round trip ticket got cancelled as well because we were considered no shows for our flight, so they cancelled the return trip and i had to buy return one way tickets for all 6 of us again at $2000 ! so i am out the original $2500 for the unused tickets and had to pay $4000 for us to fly...................guess i'm paying this one off forever!!!

Upvote 0

Nemo14

We're paying $59 each way out of Providence next week. However, during Presidents Week, it was going to cost us over $1200 to fly :eek:, so we're driving then.

Upvote 0

kdrose

We paid just over $300 per person R/T out of Albany, NY last year on Southwest. This year we are at $240 per person R/T with Jet Blue out of Newburgh, NY because Southwest was just to high.

What is hard to believe is that only 5 years ago we would regularly pay $49 each way out of Albany with Southwest.

I think $350 is about my limit.

It was the same way our first trip out of Boston a few years ago on Jetblue....the most I paid was $79 one way so it was a little under $800 with all the taxes for the four of us.

This year for the end of August, the flights were $1500 for the four of us to fly round trip (ranging between $169-209 a flight depending on the time)

We went out of a smaller regional airport into Sanford/Orlando...it was back down to under $800, had to bay $25 a bag each way and rented a car and I still came in under the Jetblue quote. Bonus was also that TSA and waiting was not as hectic as Logan can be (a bonus traveling with two special needs kids!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom