The most underrated Disney resort?

Britt

definitely the Cabins at Ft Wilderness!

I dont think I've seen anyone on here say they're staying at the Cabins and I just feel bad for them...LOL (J/K)

But really, the cabins were amazing. We were there last April with my family of 5 and my MIL and it was so nice, at the end of the day to have the kids go into the back room to take a nap/go to bed while we could have some time in the living room. Or the private porch with a private BBQ. Or the pools!

And taking the Ferry to the MK was the PERFECT way to start/end a day!

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

By the process of elimination ...

Coronado Springs Resort

The Monorail and Epcot resorts get plenty of attention; they can't possibly be considered underrated. Ditto with WL and AKL. Every month or two, there's another thread about which is better, POR or POFQ, so it can't be one of those. CBR gets attention because of the popularity of 'Pirates'. The Cabins & Campgrounds are popular among the camping set. All of the Value Resorts receive a fair amount of attention as well, although ASM always seems to be low on people's list. (Which is why it almost always has the best discounts for the Value Resorts.)

After eliminating the rest, we're left with CSR: the best bus service among the moderates, a well-themed pool, an interesting lobby & food court, and recently renovated. Because of its association with conventions, some people have asked me if it was a Disney resort (a la Swan & Dolphin).

Upvote 0

luv

I think it all comes down to personal preference, so what one person sees as under- or overrated another might feel has been done justice.

I think the Poly and CR are both over-rated and that AKL is seriously not given the love it deserves. But I love the AKL and do not care for CR. (The Poly is fine, but not as good as its hype.)

Upvote 0

Sweet Melissa

Agree on CSR, although I don't know about best bus service. That is relatively good all around, and bad experiences are luck of the draw. Still, it's a moderate with attractive -- and big! -- rooms, king beds, a fitness center, a neat pool, and as many dining options than some deluxe resorts. It really should get more attention than it does.

Upvote 0

LizC

Swan & Dolphin.

Edit: I should note that I mentioned these hotels since I think they are in a prime location, and are a great value. I do not mean to say they are themed well or anything of that nature.

Upvote 0

LizC

definitely the Cabins at Ft Wilderness!

I dont think I've seen anyone on here say they're staying at the Cabins and I just feel bad for them...LOL (J/K)

But really, the cabins were amazing. We were there last April with my family of 5 and my MIL and it was so nice, at the end of the day to have the kids go into the back room to take a nap/go to bed while we could have some time in the living room. Or the private porch with a private BBQ. Or the pools!

And taking the Ferry to the MK was the PERFECT way to start/end a day!

Lately I have been hearing (well, reading) such good things about the cabins. I think this may have to be where we stay for our 2013 trip.

Upvote 0

Glasgow

Have to agree with the CSR comments. The grounds are beautiful, the counter service restaurant is a step above the other mods (IMO) and the pool area rivals several of the deluxe resorts as well. WL and AKL are both beloved and well deserving of adulation but I think CSR is definitely an oft overlooked treasure.

Upvote 0

luv

Swan & Dolphin.

Edit: I should note that I mentioned these hotels since I think they are in a prime location, and are a great value. I do not mean to say they are themed well or anything of that nature.
Agreed. I forgot about that. The dolphin is extremely well located, has decent size rooms, great pool area...and all the same amenities of a Disney Deluxe without the price tag.

And it rarely gets any consideration when hotels are discussed.

Gold star for you. :)

Upvote 0

Sofiesmom

Wilderness Cabins are FANTASTIC!!! You feel like you are camping but yet you are in a cabin. You have the boats, Hoop Dee Doo Reveue, the stores, pools, etc. The cabins are very roomy and not that highly priced.

Upvote 0

luis71091

Lately I have been hearing (well, reading) such good things about the cabins. I think this may have to be where we stay for our 2013 trip.
the cabins are great, and the campground offers so many activities, plus the golf carts are a blast! My family and I have made so many great memories there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom