The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

D.Silentu

I almost never buy beverages at the parks, save for an occasional coffee. I'm with Darkbeer, as my group and I always tend to bring water and powdered tea to spice things up as the mood strikes. There's a brand called True Citrus that I prefer.

J4546

Anxious to hear what this Pelican Bay project is. I'm fond of the Harbor Gallery with its bread bowls and am crossing my fingers it isn't being replaced. Not that it's unheard of, but I don't generally associate pelicans with a river.
i agree, please dont get rid of the bread bowls

mickEblu

Original Poster
Anxious to hear what this Pelican Bay project is. I'm fond of the Harbor Gallery with its bread bowls and am crossing my fingers it isn't being replaced. Not that it's unheard of, but I don't generally associate pelicans with a river.

I believe Pelicans are associated with New Orleans. Hence the NBA team the New Orleans Pelicans. Anyway, I hope they aren’t changing the name of Tom Sawyer Island or the Mark Twain or not messing with Fowler’s Harbor and that neat little back path to Splash Mountain.

I wonder if their going to try to create some sort of little eatery/ seating right on the waters edge.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I’ve realized a big reason why I enjoy some of the DL vloggers YouTube content is because they tend to show Disneyland in its ideal state. They re always there early before the crowds and they tend to stop and smell the roses, take the little side paths etc… because they can… because they re there solo for the 12th time that month. I think I always intend for my trips to be that way but it doesn’t quite work that way. Not only because of the kids but because it’s hard to break free from that “what rides next” or just “what’s next” mentality in general. You think it would It would be easy to break free from that as an AP but I’m the type of person that treats somewhere like the grocery store like a relay race and I hate it and want to break free from that mindset. Hard to do in LA though.

Stevek

Saw this by the Island raft loading area/Harbor Galley today-

View attachment 583808

View attachment 583809
72EC0F5C-D20E-49DB-9956-47B568D95F85.jpeg

Photo from Rat Chat Twitter. Speculation is that additional seating is being added for dining.

No Name

I would never pay for water at a theme park. Today it’s easier than ever to refill a water bottle, and even if you forget one, you can just ask for a cup of water at any food place. Smart water is incredibly overpriced outside of theme parks so I’m not surprised it’s over overpriced in DL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom