The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Mac Tonight

I’m surprised that they haven’t found any sort of meaningful way to bring them back when you consider the IP Folks in charge and their ways of preying on our nostalgia.
True. It's sad to see Disney sacrifice its own home-spun IP (looking at you Figment) for lesser things.
Granted, they still have Figment around Epcot, but his handling has been just so poor.

truecoat

I got ones of these a few months ago. This is a Collectorvision Phoenix. It's a Colecovision clone that can run other systems like the Atari 2600 and Coleco Adam computer. It has a SNES controller port on the side and SD card for reading roms. It even has a keyboard port. Pixel perfect HDMI output.

Phoenix-Both-CV-and-ADAM.png

I just built a Raspberry Pi, downloaded an emulator and now have every SNES and Sega Genesis game ever made on a computer the side of a deck of cards.

PiratesMansion

No doubt!! Man, I would NOT be opposed to their resurrection over at DL.

Only if it was the original show, though. The Vacation Hoedown show that ran for most of the DL version's life doesn't hold a candle to the original show still playing at MK.

That said, I could learn to live with it if they did it like Tokyo and played all three CB shows at different points of the year. I'm honestly surprised they never tried to do that during its original run (though I know they always played the Christmas version.

TROR

Only if it was the original show, though. The Vacation Hoedown show that ran for most of the DL version's life doesn't hold a candle to the original show still playing at MK.

That said, I could learn to live with it if they did it like Tokyo and played all three CB shows at different points of the year. I'm honestly surprised they never tried to do that during its original run (though I know they always played the Christmas version.
Magic Kingdom does not have the original show any more. Only Tokyo does, though parts of it are in Japanese.

SuddenStorm

With today's 'seasonal overlay to entice AP's year round' mentality, Country Bears is a natural fit. Tokyo's doing it right by cycling them throughout the year.

I imagine if they had kept it the show would have had a gain in popularity over the last 10 years as AP culture became a more significant part of Disneyland's attendance. Especially if they did merchandise, food, and other ways to improve the attraction's draw.

TwilightZone

I just built a Raspberry Pi, downloaded an emulator and now have every SNES and Sega Genesis game ever made on a computer the side of a deck of cards.
I have a 3ds that i owned that i seldom use due to my switch that I hacked some games on. Easier than it seems but you're a little limited to 8 bit games and 16 bit games. But I have no problem with that personally and it's a lot of fun. Love playing yoshi's island while waiting in line for things haha.
A 2ds could be a good option too thats a little less pricey. Anything in the 3ds line is solid though.

Phroobar

View attachment 457458
Next best thing to Disneyland: Animal Crossing launched at 9 PM and I’ve played it for 5 hours straight. It felt like 90 minutes. Now 2 A.M. ... I should really get some sleep...
Animal Crossing is fun but I like the Lego games instead. I'm not a fan of shooters since my hands really don't work that way. However give me a bullet hell shoot'em up and I'm a happy guy.

Animaniac93-98

They should replace Star Tours with an updated version of Body Wars. One where there are different missions inside the human body, as implied in the original pre-show video. Or even different shrinking adventures to other inner spaces.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom