The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Mac Tonight

giphy.gif

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Looks like it! Lol

I’m a California gal, through and through, but “ya’ll” is definitely part of my regular vocabulary haha.
I know but it sounds so warm and "down-homey". I grew up with people from the South, so I used to hear it all the time. Growing up I thought it was silly, but now I kind of miss it. So its nice to hear it again. :)

Californian Elitist

I know but it sounds so warm and "down-homey". I grew up with people from the South, so I used to hear it all the time. Growing up I thought it was silly, but now I kind of miss it. So its nice to hear it again. :)

My family has origins in the South, too. Ireland as well. ;) I shared this in another thread, but my grandmother’s maiden name is Dugan, a very Irish name. She said she doesn’t know who exactly was born in Ireland, but someone was. Her father, my great-grandfather, was light-skinned and has “mulatto” on his birth certificate. I haven’t been able to go back too much further than that, but I feel like his father or maybe his grandfather was the one who came from Ireland.

When my grandmother was living, she used to make us cabbage, potatoes, and corned beef almost every St. Patrick’s Day. She must have learned that from someone in the family. Black families usually don’t usually include these food items together in our meals, so that tradition must have been passed down from whoever the Irish person in our family was.

socalifornian

My family has origins in the South, too. Ireland as well. ;) I shared this in another thread, but my grandmother’s maiden name is Dugan, a very Irish name. She said she doesn’t know who exactly was born in Ireland, but someone was. Her father, my great-grandfather, was light-skinned and has “mulatto” on his birth certificate. I haven’t been able to go back too much further than that, but I feel like his father or maybe his grandfather was the one who came from Ireland.

When my grandmother was living, she used to make us cabbage, potatoes, and corned beef almost every St. Patrick’s Day. She must have learned that from someone in the family. Black families usually don’t usually include these food items together in our meals, so that tradition must have been passed down from whoever the Irish person in our family was.
My mom has found a bunch of family we didn’t know existed through Family Search if you want to give it a shot some time
Edit: went to a family reunion last year for my Mexican side because of it. That was sick. My grandma lost contact with her extended family before I was born

Californian Elitist

My mom has found a bunch of family we didn’t know existed through Family Search if you want to give it a shot some time
Edit: went to a family reunion last year for my Mexican side because of it. That was sick. My grandma lost contact with her extended family before I was born

Thank you for this link! I had used Ancestry, but it only took me so far. I will try this out!

I bet that reunion was so much fun!! My family has a reunion every year but we’ve never gone because it’s always either in New York or somewhere in the South, typically in North Carolina (my entire dad’s side of the family is from the South and the Northeast).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom