The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

lazyboy97o

We need people with thermometers to start taking temps in both parks, lol. Can you imagine a forum of proof that WDW sets the thermostats 5 degrees above Disneyland?

I have a trip in August to Disneyland and this is sounding like a fun little side quest.
Wet bulb or dry bulb?

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I never noticed an AC issue in MK.🤔 Maybe I wasn’t paying close enough attention. I do remember walking into CoP, thinking there would be AC blasting, and nope. It wasn’t hot, but it wasn’t cool either. Just barely room temperature.

In my experience, WDW's A/C is robust (to the point of being almost overpowering). Hence the defense of CoP (and HoP, Spaceship Earth, etc.) that "at least you can enjoy some A/C and take a nap." Kind of a bummer if they've reduced it. It's almost like a characteristic of the resort.

Disneyland's A/C has always been less intense/noticeable than WDW's (in my experience), but pre-covid I don't remember, for example, the Star Tours queue being so hot, stale, and sweaty.

Californian Elitist

In my experience, WDW's A/C is robust (to the point of being almost overpowering). Hence the defense of CoP (and HoP, Spaceship Earth, etc.) that "at least you can enjoy some A/C and take a nap." Kind of a bummer if they've reduced it. It's almost like a characteristic of the resort.

Disneyland's A/C has always been less intense/noticeable than WDW's (in my experience), but pre-covid I don't remember, for example, the Star Tours queue being so hot, stale, and sweaty.
I’m sure it has to do with weather. I thought I was going to pass out in that Florida heat.

lazyboy97o

Walt Disney World is generally going to feel colder when entering a conditioned space because of the humidity outside. Anatartica at SeaWorld Orlando ends with guests in the same conditioned space as the penguins. When first entering the building it feels cold, but that first room isn’t where they drop the temperature. That cold sensation is caused by going from a very humid atmosphere to a much dryer atmosphere.

No Name

Walt Disney World is generally going to feel colder when entering a conditioned space because of the humidity outside. Anatartica at SeaWorld Orlando ends with guests in the same conditioned space as the penguins. When first entering the building it feels cold, but that first room isn’t where they drop the temperature. That cold sensation is caused by going from a very humid atmosphere to a much dryer atmosphere.
Still, I’ve always felt like it’s significantly colder in that building than in any other. I’ve assumed they blast the AC to fit the theme, but maybe it’s my mind playing tricks on me.

Time to bring my thermometer with me.

lazyboy97o

Still, I’ve always felt like it’s significantly colder in that building than in any other. I’ve assumed they blast the AC to fit the theme, but maybe it’s my mind playing tricks on me.

Time to bring my thermometer with me.
Further into the building it is colder, not just for the theme but also the comfort of the penguins. They dry the air before they really cool the air.

PiratesMansion

I just spent a week in Texas and frankly, Texas might be the only place in the US I've been to that I thought was WORSE than Florida this time of year.

Not so much west Texas, but the populated bits where most people live-Dallas/Ft Worth, San Antonio, Houston-were brutal.

PiratesMansion

You are now able to make reservations for Blue Bayou once again, in case anyone was wanting to do that. I was shocked that some pretty prime times were available for my trip next month and I wasn't even trying particularly hard to book them.

Also, apparently if you want the Fantasmic package there you can...just ask your server? That's what the wording on the website currently seems to imply. If you go to the official Fantasmic Dining Package booking page you're locked into River Belle Terrace with no option of doing BB instead, which seems odd.

Midwest Elitist

I just spent a week in Texas and frankly, Texas might be the only place in the US I've been to that I thought was WORSE than Florida this time of year.

Not so much west Texas, but the populated bits where most people live-Dallas/Ft Worth, San Antonio, Houston-were brutal.
I'm from Chicago and I can't stand either. I would say Miami is the worst with the humidity and heat and feels like an oven.

truecoat

10-20 years from now, it'll seem like paradise. As Glen Frey once sang...

mickEblu

Original Poster
Is Oogie Boogie worth it? I’ve never felt inclined to spent a Believe Key worth of money for a few hours of a Halloween event (least favorite Holiday) but my wife’s desire to go has been increasing the last couple years. To me the only thing that looks cool is Villains Grove. Other than that the short waits for the rides and Monsters After Dark is a lot of fun.

waltography

Is Oogie Boogie worth it? I’ve never felt inclined to spent a Believe Key worth of money for a few hours of a Halloween event (least favorite Holiday) but my wife’s desire to go has been increasing the last couple years. To me the only thing that looks cool is Villains Grove. Other than that the short waits for the rides and Monsters After Dark is a lot of fun.
I think OBB is worth it on an off night if you've never been to it before. It's a vast improvement from the parties they used to hold at Disneyland (for me anyway); Villains Grove and the treat trail designs make it worth it for me. I don't know if I'm going again this year, though; I'm hoping they add actors to Villains Grove or even a scare zone in Avengers Campus.

BasiltheBatLord

I liked it. It felt like after a decade DLR finally has a worthwhile and unique Halloween event.

smooch

Does anyone here use fountain pens at all? I have used 2 for the last 7-8 years but only ever used plain black ink, but as of today my order of 20 small ink samples shipped along with a new pen to use my fancy new shimmer / sheen inks with. I can't wait to try them all out and figure out which ones I should get full sized bottles of. I'm up to 5 pens once my new one arrives, I just know that I have had a very difficult time recently due to some family stuff and having to put down my 13.5 year old service dog and on days that I feel motivated to journal it can help me collect my thoughts. These ink samples should motivate me to journal either daily or way more often than I have been recently. Hopefully my journaling will get these thoughts out of my head by nighttime or they'll be processed in my mind more so I won't continue having trouble sleeping basically every night.

DrAlice

Does anyone here use fountain pens at all? I have used 2 for the last 7-8 years but only ever used plain black ink, but as of today my order of 20 small ink samples shipped along with a new pen to use my fancy new shimmer / sheen inks with. I can't wait to try them all out and figure out which ones I should get full sized bottles of. I'm up to 5 pens once my new one arrives, I just know that I have had a very difficult time recently due to some family stuff and having to put down my 13.5 year old service dog and on days that I feel motivated to journal it can help me collect my thoughts. These ink samples should motivate me to journal either daily or way more often than I have been recently. Hopefully my journaling will get these thoughts out of my head by nighttime or they'll be processed in my mind more so I won't continue having trouble sleeping basically every night.
No experience with the fountain pen thing (I'm too heavy handed in writing... it hurts less to type 🤣 ) . Anyway, I'm sorry about your dog (and the family stuff). ❤️ Hang in there.

Parteecia

I used to have a lot of them. Sometimes using a beautiful pen with a beautiful color was what got me through a bad day at work. Since I retired I rarely use them any more. My go-to now is a Lamy Safari, not the prettiest but very comfortable for this lefty. My most soothing color was Waterman South Seas blue. You've encouraged me to use mine more.

The pen loving friend who got me hooked told me about the shimmers. I meant to look into them. Hard to clean out of the pen?

I had a bad patch like you a couple of years ago. This site and adopting an 8 year old pandemic "pup" have helped. He's my untrained therapy dog.

I hope journaling with nice inks helps you.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom