The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

PiratesMansion

That wasn’t just a rumor. It was real and the art is out there. It might have even ended up in an official Disney book.
"Never underestimate Disney's desire to immediately throw their classic attractions under the bus and replace it with IP if they make a movie that performs better than expected" is a lesson I really ought to have learned by now, yet I'm still surprised to hear things like this each time they happen.

waltography

I personally like the Stitch Mountain overlay rumor.
Found these on Twitter:

1655869285230.png

1655869299109.png

1655869318326.png

Relatedly, I didn't realize The Neverland Files is no longer online; that was my first thought to find concept art but apparently it's been offline since 2013. Wild.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Haven't seen Lilo & Stitch, but is it weird I kind of like that concept art? I think I might enjoy an AA on Space Mountain. In its current form, I find the theming of Disneyland's version a little shallow and cheesy.

CaptinEO

D.Silentu

I'd almost forgotten about the old Stitch Mountain rumors and now we're debating Lightyear Mountain! All these Tomorrowland ideas and the Carousel building remains underutilized.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I kind of like the way Big Thunder looks in this photo (presumably shortly after the attraction opened, given Carter jogging), with minimal trees obstructing the view of the mountain and without the additional signage/entranceway. I also quite like the reddish-painted pavement.

While smaller than its counterparts, Disneyland's Big Thunder is still an impressive and interesting structure. I sense it may be somewhat overlooked, thanks to its understated staging (and all the trees).

image.jpeg

Phroobar

smooch

There were even Stitch Mountain pins made and sold at the time with the concept art on it.

View attachment 647737
Also many of the old Jim Hill Media articles are not on his site any more.
I need to grab this pin some time, I love Space Mountain and Stitch is my favorite Disney character. When I was younger I started a lanyard with only Stitch pins, and it's one of my 2 lanyards I have left from when I was young. Thank you very much for sharing this information, hopefully it isn't too expensive / difficult to find. Will do more research after work!

Rich T

I kind of like the way Big Thunder looks in this photo (presumably shortly after the attraction opened, given Carter jogging), with minimal trees obstructing the view of the mountain and without the additional signage/entranceway. I also quite like the reddish-painted pavement.

While smaller than its counterparts, Disneyland's Big Thunder is still an impressive and interesting structure. I sense it may be somewhat overlooked, thanks to its understated staging (and all the trees).

View attachment 647739
What the— Not an IP in sight?! Wasted merch potential! Large Mountain Thunder—or whatever it’s called—Is not a magical enchanted dream wish at all! Get Bob on the phone; we’re turning this outdated relic into Woody’s Roundup Railroad: Stinky Pete’s Revenge!

Phroobar

What the— Not an IP in sight?! Wasted merch potential! Large Mountain Thunder—or whatever it’s called—Is not a magical enchanted dream wish at all! Get Bob on the phone; we’re turning this outdated relic into Woody’s Roundup Railroad: Stinky Pete’s Revenge!
I like that name. Stinky Pete's Revenge!

It could end something like this
B9__j-.gif

"My biscuits are burning!"

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Along with everything else at Disney parks these days, the A/C is not what it used to be. Simply a cost-cutting measure, presumably.

A listener wrote in to Jim and Len this week to discuss the state of the A/C in WDW's indoor attractions, but I'll confirm anecdotally this appears to be a phenomenon at Disneyland as well. It's hot in those Fantasyland dark rides! (and I don't just mean during the Toad finale). Rather noticeable in Star Tours and Haunted Mansion as well.

PiratesMansion

Along with everything else at Disney parks these days, the A/C is not what it used to be. Simply a cost-cutting measure, presumably.

A listener wrote in to Jim and Len this week to discuss the state of the A/C in WDW's indoor attractions, but I'll confirm anecdotally this appears to be a phenomenon at Disneyland as well. It's hot in those Fantasyland dark rides! (and I don't just mean during the Toad finale). Rather noticeable in Star Tours and Haunted Mansion as well.
I've never noticed it at Disneyland but I can confirm that for my entire adult life, there's a been noticeable difference at the air conditioning at WDW 1) between places that directly generate revenue (shops, restaurants) and those that don't (attractions), and 2) between WDW and the other Florida parks.

I really hope that this hasn't spread to Disneyland as well because it just leads to everyone and everything becoming more unpleasant. Cut the excuses and run the dang AC!!!

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

I never noticed an AC issue in MK.🤔 Maybe I wasn’t paying close enough attention. I do remember walking into CoP, thinking there would be AC blasting, and nope. It wasn’t hot, but it wasn’t cool either. Just barely room temperature.

If Disneyland is actually cutting the AC, that’s just more of a reason to not return, especially during the summer. Come on.

truecoat

I've never noticed it at Disneyland but I can confirm that for my entire adult life, there's a noticeable difference at the air conditioning at WDW 1) between places that directly generate revenue (shops, restaurants) and those that don't (attractions), and 2) between WDW and the other Florida parks.

I really hope that this hasn't spread to Disneyland as well because it just leads to everyone and everything becoming more unpleasant. Cut the excuses and run the dang AC!!!

We need people with thermometers to start taking temps in both parks, lol. Can you imagine a forum of proof that WDW sets the thermostats 5 degrees above Disneyland?

I have a trip in August to Disneyland and this is sounding like a fun little side quest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom