• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Haymarket

Regarding Disneyland Forward, I wonder whether Disney might be considering a water park for the parcel east of Harbor Blvd. It seems about the right size. Thoughts?

dlr-2021-disneyland-resort-disneyland-forward-concept-art-expansion-700x520.jpeg

waltography

No clue on whether they're considering it or not, but I personally have no interest in a Disney water park.

Wild Rivers is also opening down the 5 from this location in a year or two so I don't know if a water park is even necessary.

Smooch

It could be fun. Honestly, though, I'd rather the company spent money on Tomorrowland. 🤷‍♀️
That's how I feel. It could be fun during the summer like Blizzard Beach / Typhoon Lagoon, but I think Disney could spend that money better on Disneyland itself. Tomorrowland is big on my list as is with most others but even spending that money on smaller projects around the whole park would be more beneficial in my opinion than an off site waterpark.

D.Silentu

I wouldn't really go for a water park either, though Disney did have an interesting concept for one based on the Pirates franchise that did turn my head slightly.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Is it just me or is Halloween season more busy than the Christmas season at Disneyland these days? By these days I mean the last few years. Also to clarify I mean average throughout the season. I know that last week of December is busier than any given week during the Halloween season.

CaptinEO

Is it just me or is Halloween season more busy than the Christmas season at Disneyland these days? By these days I mean the last few years. Also to clarify I mean average throughout the season. I know that last week of December is busier than any given week during the Halloween season.
I noticed this a few years back. Kids are more into Satan than Jesus these days.

waltography

I think a large part of it is the rising popularity of the Halloween parties. The pivot to DCA for the parties was really smart for them because Disneyland will be popular regardless of the party (the back half of the year in general is just lucrative for the park), so the crowds that descend on DCA are augmenting the daily attendance. I've never seen any park more busy than DCA during mix-in hours (except perhaps Disneyland during a 24 hour day!), but those Halloween parties are just brutal to the crowd flow and guest dynamics at the parks.

Add to it the broadening appeal of the Halloween party to teens and young adults instead of just families and a ride overlay that happens for half a day every day, and you've got a recipe for crowds galore.

PiratesMansion

DLR has poured a lot of money into Halloween as of late, even if the primary beneficiary of that has been the party. New parade, new ride overlays, new WOC, etc. Even non-party guests got a "new" addition in that the previously upcharge Halloween fireworks are now free. And there's a lot of competition for the Halloween dollar in the area and the DCA party is still a relatively new event, so they can't skimp; at least, not yet.

By contrast, DLR Christmas offerings have been basically unchanged for a long, long time.

That undoubtedly is playing out in attendance to at least some degree.

Last edited:

TomboyJanet

One time I was waiting for the train in New Orleans Square and there were these really stoned guys there and they said "We can wait for this train until the meteor comes........love that meteor yep the meteor is coming" and their friend got so annoyed with their prattle that she left them there at the station

mickEblu

Original Poster
If a government or business requires vaccination without the option of a negative test its a political statement or form of coercion and not anything based in science. That goes for family functions too. We were disinvited from my wife’s Best friends wedding because her husband wants to protect his vaccinated “immunocomprimised” mom who goes to Disney World every month where vaccination status is not checked and people are walking around without masks. People have lost their mind and their ability to use common sense. We told them we respect their decision but also told them we re confused by their logic. Vaccinated people can carry the virus. A negative test (which we were willing to provide) would be a better form of protection for his mom or anyone else.

Parteecia

A negative test (which we were willing to provide) would be a better form of protection for his mom or anyone else.
I am sorry that this situation is upsetting but just as an fyi the test is quite fallible. Good for public health on a macro level, not so good on a personal basis:

"Researchers at John Hopkins University declared that the false negative ratio of RT-PCR test in patients infected with COVID-19 is approximately 1 in 5.5"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom