The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

brb1006

Sad news today :(

mickEblu

Original Poster
Sad news today :(

He was alive!? Why the hell didn’t they use him to voice Sebastian on the mermaid ride.

RIP

Rich T

Cruella opens soon. Can’t wait to not watch it, not stream it, and not buy any merch. What I AM looking forward to is having its obnoxious ads finally disappear from Youtube channels so I can give my “Skip” button reflex a rest.

I used to look forward to most Disney films, back before their release schedule became mostly an avalanche of garbage. I feel like the next D23 is going to basically be Bob Chapek tipping a dumpster over on stage.

brb1006

Cruella opens soon. Can’t wait to not watch it, not stream it, and not buy any merch. What I AM looking forward to is having its obnoxious ads finally disappear from Youtube channels so I can give my “Skip” button reflex a rest.

I used to look forward to most Disney films, back before their release schedule became mostly an avalanche of garbage. I feel like the next D23 is going to basically be Bob Chapek tipping a dumpster over on stage.
Hey Christopher Robin was decent!

mickEblu

Original Poster

Luca looks like it could be good

Rich T

Hey Christopher Robin was decent!
It was technically well done, well-acted and well-intentioned. But the moment it crossed the line by having the characters actually be alive in the real world... it became a complete slap in the face to the characters. Pooh & Co. are supposed to only exist in Christopher’s imagination; that’s the whole point of what Pooh is.

Mac Tonight

Disney just needs to get itself out of the "animated to live-action" remakes business, but sadly they know those make them easy money.

Californian Elitist

There is literally not a single animated-to-live-action that Disney has made that I believe to be very well done. I either find them decent or not very good. I do enjoy 101 Dalmatians with Glenn Close, but I’m not sure if I’d put that in the same category as the others, since it was released way before Disney started this train of remakes. But it’s probably the best they’ve done in terms of remakes.

Disney currently can’t make a great original live-action film to save their life.

Curious Constance

There is literally not a single animated-to-live-action that Disney has made that I believe to be very well done. I either find them decent or not very good. I do enjoy 101 Dalmatians with Glenn Close, but I’m not sure if I’d put that in the same category as the others, since it was released way before Disney started this train of remakes. But it’s probably the best they’ve done in terms of remakes.

Disney currently can’t make a great original live-action film to save their life.
The only one I really liked was Cinderella. Something about that one I really enjoy. But the others are bleh.

brb1006

Disney just needs to get itself out of the "animated to live-action" remakes business, but sadly they know those make them easy money.
They've already greenlight more animated to live-action/hyperrealistic" for Disney+ (Pinocchio is currently in the works, and a Bambi remake just got announced sometime last year) . There's no turning back now, they need more Original content anyway.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Well it is clear the role is entirely miscast from the trailers alone. Cruella needs to be an older woman not a young 30 something with a over the top comical outfit and really bad obvious wig. This is going to be another film in which Disney ruins one of their truly great evil villians and makes them misunderstood and deep down a good person like Maleficent.

Mac Tonight

Well it is clear the role is entirely miscast from the trailers alone. Cruella needs to be an older woman not a young 30 something with a over the top comical outfit and really bad obvious wig. This is going to be another film in which Disney ruins one of their truly great evil villians and makes them misunderstood and deep down a good person like Maleficent.
the bad people are always "bad"... because someone else was badder to them first!

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
the bad people are always "bad"... because someone else was badder to them first!
tenor.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom