The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Phroobar

Onward was better than Toy Story 4 but that isn't saying much.
I wish they would have let themselves throw that script away.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Onward was better than Toy Story 4 but that isn't saying much.
I wish they would have let themselves throw that script away.

No it isn’t saying much. Or just not make a part 4 at all since 3 ended nicely. But I wonder how much $$ they made on Forky? Onward was better than Frozen 2 and way better than Wreck it Ralph 2 but that also isn’t saying much. Even without the comparisons to bad to mediocre movies I thought Onward was a really entertaining adventure movie with Heart. It was also funny. I laughed 3-4 times out loud which rarely happens for me with animated movies.

Phroobar

No it isn’t saying much. Or just not make a part 4 at all since 3 ended nicely. But I wonder how much $$ they made on Forky? Onward was better than Frozen 2 and way better than Wreck it Ralph 2 but that also isn’t saying much. Even without the comparisons to bad to mediocre movies I thought Onward was a really entertaining adventure movie with Heart. It was also funny. I laughed 3-4 times out loud which rarely happens for me with animated movies.
Agreed. They've made a lot of mediocre stuff recently and they are just encouraged by box office. Onward was the best of the bunch and would have made more if we didn't get quarantined. I liked the use of Dungeon & Dragons and Magic: The Gathering in it for a basis of magic. There are some clever things in it but still feels very Dreamworks like.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Agreed. They've made a lot of mediocre stuff recently and they are just encouraged by box office. Onward was the best of the bunch and would have made more if we didn't get quarantined. I liked the use of Dungeon & Dragons and Magic: The Gathering in it for a basis of magic. There are some clever things in it but still feels very Dreamworks like.

It feels like Dreamworks content with Disney/ Pixar execution.

Mac Tonight

Is this or is this not one of the weirdest ads you've ever seen on this site?

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 3.31.29 PM.png

SuddenStorm

While watching Incredibles 2, I noticed one of the characters looked like a Dreamworks design. Here's the one:

1585975337477.png

and here's the Dreamworks character she's the spitting image of:

1585975400987.png

There's gotta be some Dreamworks artists going to Pixar or something.

waltography

Just received the final confirmation we won't be returning to campus for the rest of the semester (no surprise) so I'm now looking for the soonest flight back to LA.
Good luck and safe travels! My school's on the quarter system and so I left mid-March when they finally announced Spring would be totally online.

I really enjoyed Onward! Much better than all of the last few sequels.
Just finished it and loved it (though, to be fair, I also really enjoyed the sequels 😅). I'm sure it would've done great at box office were we not in the middle of a pandemic.

I'm really excited for Soul. I admit the premise almost sounds like a parody of the high-concept aesthetics Pixar usually has, but the trailer and the music are both gorgeous.

TROR

Thanks y’all!

When I first started looking at flights for this weekend on Thursday, they were all around $100-150. On Friday, half the flights were canceled and went up to over $400. I was able to find a fairly reasonably priced flight in the end, though, so as long as it or its connected don’t get canceled, I’ll be home this Sunday.

What should I expect LA to be like when I get home? Things are pretty funky and dead here and I’m in a small town. Are a lot of the roads just empty and buildings just closed? Also, does anyone know if airport restaurants are open? I have 8 hours of flying and would like to eat more than just pretzels.

Rich T

I really enjoyed Onward! Much better than all of the last few sequels.
Glad you liked it! Even though it doesn’t have the most memorable plot, the characters are all likeable and the animation is fantastic. I blathered on & on about this in another post, but that bit where the brothers disguise themselves as their soon-to-be stepdad is one of my favorite animated scenes ever. So clever & well-executed!

Darkbeer1

Ok, so today was fertilizing the lawn. It will be happy, used a full standard sized bag. (Not the Costco Jumbo version they are selling), and removed a Rose "tree" aka large bush. My wife hated it, or in reality, pruning it. It had a very large root ball with massive roots (at least ten years old). But we got it out!!!

Had a short trip to Ralphs to get stuff for dinner. Pretty quiet at 8 PM, and the store was pretty well stocked, except for toilet paper and hand sanitizer. I wore a Bandanna that came from a Disneyland VoluntEars event. A pretty, funky, yellow. Hey, it covered my nose and mouth.

Now my wife is doing the dishes... We just spent WAY too much money for a new kitchen including this fancy, deluxe Dishwashing machine. Is she using it? No, she has been doing the dishes by hand! Sorry, when I do the dishes, they go in the machine, you put the silly pod in the slot, and turn it on!

I love my wife... I am catching up on e-mails, I have too many different accounts, based on how they relate to my life. Heck, I have one just for the My Anaheim App, which loves to create multiple automated response for each time I report graffiti. I forget the last time I looked at that folder!

And the show I am watching just reported this...

I just bought some Sweatpants, Walmart only had 3XL's, so ordered from Amazon, and they were out of stock on some of them.....

Ok, those are my weird stories for Saturday. Sunday, planning to watch the iRacing on FS1. This is the third week of watching it, hey, it is live sports, and Dale Jr. is driving one of the cars!

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
Just boarded my final of three flights. Heading back to LA! The emptiness of the airports and the planes have just been mind blowing. I started off in Raleigh, North Carolina and I only saw 30 people total. My first flight had 12 people on it.

safe travels! Are you all wearing masks?

Darkbeer1

Just boarded my final of three flights. Heading back to LA! The emptiness of the airports and the planes have just been mind blowing. I started off in Raleigh, North Carolina and I only saw 30 people total. My first flight had 12 people on it.

How are they seating you on your flights?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom