The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
It's difficult to watch sports when your team is a burning dumpster fire (Jets), and another constantly chokes in the playoffs (Sharks). Now another thing I love, DL, is getting the same garbage treatment from the execs.

Macro

If the Chargers move to London, will they remain in the AFC West?
AFC seriously-East or AFC the-long-way-around-West.

And Spanos let out a stream of cuss words when asked about the London thing. He was not happy. And speaking as someone in San Diego I am okay with him being unhappy.

Darkbeer1

AFC seriously-East or AFC the-long-way-around-West.

And Spanos let out a stream of cuss words when asked about the London thing. He was not happy. And speaking as someone in San Diego I am okay with him being unhappy.

The article I posted talked about a couple of options, The Texans moving to the West, and the Chargers to the south.

Or, Chargers to the East, Miami to the South, and the Texans to the West.

As for the possibiity, the Chargers will play in SoFi Stadium, sharing it with the Rams in 2020, and probably in 2021.

If the Chargers are failing to sell suites, and secondarily regular tickets, then moving to London becomes a real possibility.

The English market has shown they will sell out stadiums, and the TV and related game rights are at a premium in the UK and Europe.

The NFL will place a team within 5 years, basically after figuring out the logistics of the travel needed, and getting the players union support. That will be either an expansion team (and folks say that they want an even number of teams, so 2 expansion teams will be needed, or move an existing team. The NFL will have lots of power to force things, such as breaking contracts, such as the SoFi 20 year deal the Chargers have, plus incentives, such as picking up out of the country travel expenses and other incentives.

So will the Chargers move in the near future, no. But who knows 3 to 5 years from now.

mickEblu

Original Poster
The way in which Sleeping Beauty pays homage to the ballet in its music is so beautiful and is just further evidence that those classic Disney films are art on a different level than anything post 1959.

That movie is a work of art. It’s not one of my favorites and I don’t particularly care for the story but it’s beautiful to look at and listen to.

TROR

That movie is a work of art. It’s not one of my favorites and I don’t particularly care for the story but it’s beautiful to look at and listen to.
Walt Disney animation peaked in 1959 with Sleeping Beauty. There's still some really good animated films Disney's made since, but if they weren't able to top it when Walt was still alive, I don't see how they could ever top it now.

SuddenStorm

Walt Disney animation peaked in 1959 with Sleeping Beauty. There's still some really good animated films Disney's made since, but if they weren't able to top it when Walt was still alive, I don't see how they could ever top it now.

I believe Pinocchio and Sleeping Beauty are the two most artistically pure animated films ever. Though Princess Mononoke is also really high up there.

mickEblu

Original Poster

Lady and the Tramp is beautiful too.

Phroobar

Anything by Hayao Miyazaki pretty much makes every animated movie since Sleeping Beauty look like Veggie Tales (including Disney).

Last edited:

TROR

Beauty and the Beast > Sleeping Beauty

Though I will say I do long for the classic look of Disney animation. The Nine Old Men really knew what they were doing.
It's a question of Broadway vs the opera or ballet. While I do love Broadway, to say it's a higher art than the ballet is just silly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom