Trip Report The May Trip That Would Have Been!

The Trip That Would Have Been-

A Magical Trip with the Parents, to the beach and a 4 Day Disney stay for us. May 3-9th beach and May 9-13 Disney.

I should be packed and ready to have another amazing split beach and Disney trip just hours away. Instead, I have spent the last months like everyone else. Stuck at home endless days upon days, occupying myself baking -which has made me fluffier than usual and making masks and planting veggies for a garden. I have spells where I swear I have been so depressed, I cannot breathe. That just makes me end up feeling guilty. My husband and son’s jobs are safe and even though they have been home more, both still get paid the same regardless. We are very lucky and I should not get depressed, knowing so many have lost their jobs and are struggling. We are all healthy thus far and blessed, but I cannot help but miss my Happy Place. Heck, if it was just open and we decided to wait it would be better somehow.

But enough with all the blues. I am going to live on the what could have beens to keep me sane for awhile.

I also hope all my Disney friends and family are safe. I know that I am not the only person probably, waxing poetic, and sad over a trip that should have happened but did not.

If there is one place that draws me almost as much as Walt Disney World it would be Georgia’s hidden gem- Jekyll Island.

I first visited there as a little girl of 6 or 7 with my parents. It is so peaceful, quiet and serene and has mostly remained as I remember it from childhood. We usually go to Disney first then spend time there to unwind and rest after going nonstop like lunatics but this trip we were taking my parents and B’s Mom so Jekyll was first.

We would have first stopped at the local Winn Dixie for groceries and of course went into Brunswick for fresh Sweet Georgia Brown Shrimp off the boats. There isn’t a better shrimp, IMO. Not even a Key West Pink can top them. We use the small kitchen to cook and utilize the outside grills. Unlike a Disney part of a vacation, this is just pure staying at and on the beach all day, I make lunch and take in a cooler- Then for dinner we cook some pretty awesome meals for what we have to prep and eat on our balcony overlooking the ocean. Sometimes we order a pizza too. ;)

I would have taken a really crappy pic of the Jekyll sign.
60555651-53C4-41CD-8033-3FC433787654.jpeg

Sprayed the room down, being my germaphobic self, then headed straight to the beach. An empty beach!
DB25D92C-8BB3-4659-9125-4B3BA3076B16.jpeg

94779D20-8BC9-4DA3-B195-4058F073FBAD.jpeg

E017C47A-8D31-4E99-99E7-FFDE61C31509.jpeg

Of course, I had to stick my toes in the surf!
4F2C2D82-73C5-467C-A929-58809D5B3E26.jpeg

(as would Stinker, if he had been able to come along with us.)
609C5050-B861-497B-8665-908A31EE38BF.jpeg

Is there anything sweeter than *new* feet? That super baby soft skin that lasts until about 5-6 years old?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
If I had been at Disney World, as planned, then I could not have gotten this today. Blessed! ;)
View attachment 469448

Happy Mother’s Day!!!!

Now that is a nice silver lining! Happy Mother’s Day!

Last night at dinner, my teen says to me “will I at least get credit if I forget tomorrow because I’ve mentioned so many times today that tomorrow is Mother’s Day?” 🤷🏼‍♀️😂

lindawdw

Happy Mother's Day! Love your GiGi travel mug! My DH and I were suppose to be celebrating Mother's Day at WDW right now too but we're having a party with my daughter who lives in Brooklyn on our portal!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Happy Mother's Day to you!!:inlove:
Happy Mother's Day!
Now that is a nice silver lining! Happy Mother’s Day!

Last night at dinner, my teen says to me “will I at least get credit if I forget tomorrow because I’ve mentioned so many times today that tomorrow is Mother’s Day?” 🤷🏼‍♀️😂
Happy Mother's Day! Love your GiGi travel mug! My DH and I were suppose to be celebrating Mother's Day at WDW right now too but we're having a party with my daughter who lives in Brooklyn on our portal!

And a very Happy Mother’s Day to you guys and every Mom, Borrowed Mom, Aunt, sister, friend out there!

I have to talk about what a blessing the last two days have been- I got my amazing cup yesterday and got some extra much needed time with my son this week.

I had not seen my mom since March 1- but I made her a feast yesterday, homemade everything, yeast rolls, honey butter, fried chicken, Mac & Cheese, Potato salad and heated it up this morning and a huge bouquet of flowers in a gallon canning jar. (Just like I would have put them in as a little girl)

We stayed away from each other, but to see her sweet face!!! 😍🥰😍

She loved it all, and my note, but- just as I predicted, the simple I love you - Nanny, that my son wrote, brought her to tears. Now, I know how my son feels, as much as I love him (a lot) but a grandchild no matter how old, or how much work the child puts in, is blown away by the grandkid! Lol

And my borrowed son, (my son’s best friend from school) that I have not seen since the first of January, is bringing me lunch tomorrow. I have not had food, I did not prepare, since the start of this insanity. (I haven’t left the house but 3 times, today included and have not been in any store or seen anyone outside of immediate family)

A really good few days- And I would have missed it... blessing in disguise maybe? ❤️

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Day two we would have been up early- Much to B’s grumpiness and been where I would have gotten some love from these guys-

Have I mentioned how much I miss the old opening show in the last many trip reports???

634D1D92-6F1F-472B-A907-DBB8D53C793C.jpeg
12F3C5AF-3263-4D9A-AC24-43D2267F50BE.jpeg

and probably eaten way too much.
148B563A-5F69-4F65-A5D4-C046BEA97E5E.jpeg

I love Crystal Palace breakfast. We try to do it at least every other trip.

Here is a throwback from 2007! (I can’t believe that was 13 years ago.) Time, it flies!

738B64F2-11A9-48D6-8D80-FED21AA1E317.jpeg

*edit- this was in fact, August 2008- not 2007- because I had blondish hair- In 2007 my hair was still natural dark brown, something I went back to in 2009- 2013. Then the gray came in. Blonde it is !!

Exhibit a)

Feb 2007
F1F3F48A-3AA0-498B-8AF3-B101CE100E31.jpeg

Exhibit b)
November 2009-
EFE34527-F208-46CE-8DC3-EB0FDF41C895.jpeg

I just can’t own it like B always has. 😂

I blame it on teenagers!

PS, I would give my eye teeth to be that weight again! Treadmill here I come! 😂😳

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Next of course Splash- first MK ride every time.
7BD22482-CF7F-47FF-9146-0ACDBA76B271.jpeg

86202252-87F9-481F-A4C9-80B399C2CDC6.jpeg

Hold on to your hats!!!
09BFA198-4EA2-444D-9F52-28E4EF0BF69B.jpeg

91D85A5A-76B4-4A77-9A85-7B55F1AFA723.jpeg

There’s always my way out....

E9A1A2A8-85A5-465F-B215-A871C9C24182.jpeg

33582696-80C1-44C6-A0F9-A92D4422A1E0.jpeg

On a total side note here-

I found the perfect spot to display my Madame Leota all year long! On top of the slot machine in the game room with the rest of my Disney craziness. ;)

4B926FA6-9B08-424E-AB07-09113AD982D1.jpeg

Also another side note- a lot of you guys that have followed my trip reports for the last 13 years, know, that I am a rabbit freak. I adore them, even more than ducks and birds, cats anything. Look what I found for the upcoming granddaughter!!! 🥰

2F59B53A-D7B0-4C1C-B4F9-E030F41A68F5.jpeg

Of course she had to have a Minnie Dress too.
BAB137E5-2ECB-4501-B44E-FA8E43FAA9BF.jpeg

lindawdw

I love all your retro pictures!!! I ate at Crystal Palace back in the early 80's almost every trip but when it became a character dining spot with buffet, we stopped going. I love everything rabbit too! We used to have a bunny called "Lucky", his color was a beautiful light brown and he was the sweetest thing ever! I have bunny stuff all over my house (along with Disney things)! Your Madam Leota is so neat!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I love all your retro pictures!!! I ate at Crystal Palace back in the early 80's almost every trip but when it became a character dining spot with buffet, we stopped going. I love everything rabbit too! We used to have a bunny called "Lucky", his color was a beautiful light brown and he was the sweetest thing ever! I have bunny stuff all over my house (along with Disney things)! Your Madam Leota is so neat!

I have had several, all litter box trained and free roaming house rabbits. When the last one passed, about a year ago, I swore I would never have another one. I doubt I will live up to that though. I Actually had one I named Miss Bunny.
The only thing I think of when I see this is

"Look! I'm Woody! Howdy, howdy, howdy!"

That is so perfect! I can’t believe I did not think of it before! 😂 You win best caption ever. 🏆🏆

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Going to be totally honest and admit, that with full on sunshine, flowers, gardening and all 11-4 pool days the last couple of days. I am not going to finish this what if, trip report! Thank you guys all for following, commenting and entertaining my boredom and missing Disney. Here is to hoping we all get to go back in it’s full glory soon. 😘 Happy Finally warm spring. ;)
AC3F9372-CF75-4877-A0C8-F40FC383694F.jpeg

D979C190-CF09-4352-908A-CB2279FFA216.jpeg

4CB08F8C-C2FD-461C-8034-2CFD05808068.jpeg

21stamps

Day 2 -

B would have gotten up early to fish. I probably would have bailed on greeting the sunshine due to staying up too late reading on the balcony.

We would have had breakfast then I would have packed and loaded the cooler with our lunch.

Lots of beach walking early then I would be parked here-
View attachment 468033

Until I was a nice toasty brown.

View attachment 468032

Getting up just to see what B’s catches for the day were when he reeled them in.
View attachment 468034
View attachment 468035
View attachment 468036

And I would begin judging how far I go into the surf after witnessing the catches. Knowing Mama Shark has to be pretty close!

Jekyll’s water in the surf is root beer colored and cloudy due to the rich River soil that washes up so you can’t hardly see a thing in the water where it breaks. Day one I am on a boogie board riding waves and going out pretty far. The catching of sharks always abruptly brings that to an end. 😳

Wow!! What happened to the shark afterwards?

MickeyCB

Going to be totally honest and admit, that with full on sunshine, flowers, gardening and all 11-4 pool days the last couple of days. I am not going to finish this what if, trip report! Thank you guys all for following, commenting and entertaining my boredom and missing Disney. Here is to hoping we all get to go back in it’s full glory soon. 😘 Happy Finally warm spring. ;)
View attachment 470913
View attachment 470916

View attachment 470914
Ohhh pretty pretty flowers and a cute passed out kid! Thanks for sharing, it was fun!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
If you aren’t finishing, it means you are finally feeling better about it, so that’s a good thing. Thanks for entertaining us and for so many gorgeous pictures 😘

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Ohhh pretty pretty flowers and a cute passed out kid! Thanks for sharing, it was fun!
If you aren’t finishing, it means you are finally feeling better about it, so that’s a good thing. Thanks for entertaining us and for so many gorgeous pictures 😘
Thank you guys for always following along. I so appreciate my WDWmagic friends. I live for warm weather and summer and it finally showed up. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom