The math has to be wrong

RichVIII

I'm going to be honest; after crunching the numbers and reading a ton of reviews for various DVC studios, I've already started considering a (very tentative) March 2021 trip, preferably in the first week. I've also narrowed down the resorts I would prefer to stay at down to four, have started looking at crowd calendars for alternative weeks if March doesn't work out for whatever reason, and have been trying to think of ways of how to tell my family that yes, I am seriously doing this again.

In other words, planning in advance is not going to be a problem for me hah
If you are looking for a studio at BCV in early March, there is not much availability at all (I just looked). Many of those sites show the cost but availability and owner with points to book is a different story. A confirmed reservation is also different. Many folks will continue to cancel b/c of COVID but Beach Club is tough. In DVC world, a few months out is not long-range. 7 months is when we can book resorts other than our home resort so availability tightens. COVID is causing havoc but wanted to be honest.

Sirwalterraleigh

Despite having no plans to go in the near future, I like to put together a package on the Disney website every once in awhile just to see what the prices are. Last time I checked, the hotel would cost anywhere from 2,200 to 3000ish for a five night stay (depending on which resort I would hypotheticaly pick). On another thread I saw someone mention how much they save renting points, so I though, what the heck. It probably won't save me anything because I always do standard rooms, but I'll look.

If the calculator is right, renting points could possibly cut the cost in half. As in, I could get a better room at the Beach Club, my dream resort, for less than a room at POR. That just can't be right. There's no way. There has to be some downside to this I'm not seeing, or the calculator has to be wrong and showing me the price for one night. If through some miracle that calculator is actually right, that would be such a game changer for me.

The math is right...

Because Disney is trying to sell their rooms
At an “ultra premium” and DVC members renting are typically just selling a product they’ve already gotten their perceived value out of for an enjoyable product...it’s gravy and they don’t get greedy.

nickys

Premium Member
If you are looking for a studio at BCV in early March, there is not much availability at all (I just looked). Many of those sites show the cost but availability and owner with points to book is a different story. A confirmed reservation is also different. Many folks will continue to cancel b/c of COVID but Beach Club is tough. In DVC world, a few months out is not long-range. 7 months is when we can book resorts other than our home resort so availability tightens. COVID is causing havoc but wanted to be honest.
Agreed. DVC really works best if you can book 7-11 months ahead. Even if you want to stay somewhere other than your home resort, you can book it early so you have somewhere to stay. Then at 7 months people try to switch to a different resort.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Agreed. DVC really works best if you can book 7-11 months ahead. Even if you want to stay somewhere other than your home resort, you can book it early so you have somewhere to stay. Then at 7 months people try to switch to a different resort.
We always book our home resort at 11 months, just to be sure that we have someplace to stay during the time we want to go. We then look at changing at exactly 7 months, and have been successful almost every time. We usually book one bedrooms, as those are typically the last to fill up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom