The Mandalorian

Darkprime

I think they knew her departure was coming, so they changed her arc. The Hollywood Reporter is reporting this:

That's disappointing I was hoping she might grow, change and learn from her past social media drama but I guess that's too much to ask from some people. Watch her have a complete meltdown on social media and call Disney woke or some crap.

Tony Perkis

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
After her first round of controversial tweets, she had her chance to scrub and apologize, or, at least, to get off social media.

But she just couldn't help herself for a second and third round.

She has shown a complete lack of impulse control.

She was probably already warned and had HR and PR meetings with Disney over it.

Disney also dodged a bullet if they were going to make her a main protagonist of a new series. She wasn't that good at acting to pull off a main character.

tk924

While I may not agree with with everything that someone says, I support their right to say it. Easy decision to scrub D+ from my devices.
Let's not forget that Disney fired, and rehired, pedo James Gunn over his posts.
That guys is sick and twisted and yet he's still pumping out movies for Disney. Talk about hypocrisy.

Archie123

While I may not agree with with everything that someone says, I support their right to say it. Easy decision to scrub D+ from my devices.
Let's not forget that Disney fired, and rehired, pedo James Gunn over his posts.
That guys is sick and twisted and yet he's still pumping out movies for Disney. Talk about hypocrisy.

Well making a joke isn’t actually being a pedophille. Based on this post I wasn‘t sure if you knew that. And I’m sure you won’t be canceling your subscription anytime soon.

GimpYancIent

After her first round of controversial tweets, she had her chance to scrub and apologize, or, at least, to get off social media.

But she just couldn't help herself for a second and third round.

She has shown a complete lack of impulse control.

She was probably already warned and had HR and PR meetings with Disney over it.

Disney also dodged a bullet if they were going to make her a main protagonist of a new series. She wasn't that good at acting to pull off a main character.
Tweets are over rated. Too much is attributed to them. She is as good an actor as any others I have seen lately and for her role she is perfect. There is a laundry list of entertainers that tweet crap but get no notice, no calls for penalties. I say give her her own series and then look at the ratings.

ABQ

Tweets are over rated. Too much is attributed to them. She is as good an actor as any others I have seen lately and for her role she is perfect. There is a laundry list of entertainers that tweet crap but get no notice, no calls for penalties. I say give her her own series and then look at the ratings.
Exactly, it's the blatant application of a double standard that runs rampant in the cancel culture sphere. Too bad, really liked her in the role.

Archie123

So you support someone that "jokes" about pedophilia? Ok. Based on your post I'm sure you knew that.
And you don't know how soon my subscription will be cancelled.

Joke are jokes. Don't like them then don't listen. Oh and trust me that I do know that you will be sitting in front of your tv watching Disney + watching the latest and greatest they have to offer. It's ok, The Mandalorian will still be very good without having a subpar and mediocre actress.

tk924

Joke are jokes. Don't like them then don't listen. Oh and trust me that I do know that you will be sitting in front of your tv watching Disney + watching the latest and greatest they have to offer. It's ok, The Mandalorian will still be very good without having a subpar and mediocre actress.

We get it. You've made it very clear what you like and support. And it's disgusting.
Again, it's funny that you think you know what I'll be doing at my home.

Archie123

We get it. You've made it very clear what you like and support. And it's disgusting.
Again, it's funny that you think you know what I'll be doing at my home.

Hey, tell me how the next episode of Wandavision is. I won't be able to watch it till next week. Just no spoilers please.

rylouisbo

Disney's hypocrisy is astounding. They must have no shame, to fire Gina Carano for pretty generic republican tweets while working with China as they jail and murder people violating human rights... Maybe next time they'll just be upfront and say they fired the person because they were republican and they are too intolerant to have that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom