The Main-Street Electrical Parade will be back to WDW!!!!!!!

msep003

Original Poster
Hello everyone

To the recent newsletter of the Annual Passholders of Disneyland Resort Paris they wrote an article about the MSEP and they said the Electrical Parade will leave Disneyland Resort Paris to be presented at the Magic Kingdom at Walt-Disney World .

Does someone heard something about it ? is it true ?

thanks in advance

General Grizz

I am sure they will wait several years before doing this (since it just recently had a run), but I can't wait. It's a wonderful parade. But, who knows. Thanks for the information. Oh, and Welcome to WDWMagic, by the way. Seems kinda sudden you'd pop in in such a manner. :lol: :lookaroun: :)

BTW, where did you hear this?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
it's actually wrong... the MSEP is headed to Hong Kong last time I checked

jlcbshaw

Not sure about MSEP, but the "Magic Lives Here" video I received on Christmas Eve said that SpectroMagic would be returning to MK on special nights.

mickeyfanatics

You all are talking about the ORIGINAL Main Street Electrical Parade. The one we had recently was Disneyland's version and it was created after our version. I would like to see an all new parade, something they have never done before!

mkt

Premium Member
here's the history of the MSEP..

1972- DL MSEP debuts
1979 (I believe!)- WDW MSEP Debuts
DATE UNKNOWN- Tokyo Disneyland MSEP begins and ends
1991-WDW MSEP Leaves for Disneyland Paris and uses floats from the Tokyo Disneyland version
1997-DL MSEP leaves
1999-DL MSEP arrives in WDW for a limited engagement
2001-DL MSEP returns to California at DCA
2001-Tokyo Disney Electrical Parade: DREAMLIGHTS debuts

Disneyland Paris is replacing MSEP with Tokyo Disneyland's Fanitllusion...just as soon as they cut back the trees and some of the curbs to make room for the huge floats.

msep003

Original Poster
yes that's right for the trees and they will test in on Main-Street and on the Parade route . Me too i heard the MSEP going to HKDL but they wrote it in the annual passholder newsletter.

The intertaiment of Disneyland Paris sucks because all Parade has not a lot of performers .

stagestar

Cutting back trees?

1. Fantillusion is premiering on the 5th of July officially at the Disneyland Park at the Disneyland Resort Paris.

2. I'm holder of an Annual Passport Fantasia in DLRP but unfortunately so far did NOT receive the newsletter mentioned here and therefor can't say anything about the possible destination our MSEP is heading for after its final night on the 23rd of March.

3. I don't see where any trees must be cut back for Fantillusion. At NO point along the parade route any tree get's nearer to the actual road then the two high towers that mark the entrance to Fantasyland through which every parade has to move. So of they would have to cut back trees they would have to demolish those towers and I haven't heared anything like this so far.

Yours
Dirk

Re: Cutting back trees?

Originally posted by stagestar

I don't see where any trees must be cut back for Fantillusion. At NO point along the parade route any tree get's nearer to the actual road then the two high towers that mark the entrance to Fantasyland through which every parade has to move. So of they would have to cut back trees they would have to demolish those towers and I haven't heared anything like this so far.

Yours
Dirk

If they are indeed using the floats from TDL, then they are going to have to make room for them. I was a performer in Fanitllusion in the summer of 98 and the floats are not only wider but much taller than in any other parade at any Disney park. The parade route at TDL is much wider than those of the other parks and the floats filled the street from curb to curb. I was told from a friend of mine who is involved with Fantillusion at DLP that adjustments will have to be made.

mkt

Premium Member
I gotta agree with you poppins...

I've seen it in person, and have the video they sold to guests, and the floats in it are on a gargantuan level

Spectroman17

Spectromagic vs. MSEP

I prefer Spectromagic because of it's updated technology. I wish they could have both parades at WDW. Just like at Paris where they had Fantillusion and MSEP. If now, MSEP would be good with an update like Spectromagic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom