The Living Seas Closes Today 8/20/05

CTXRover

Connor002 said:
hopefully they'll get this one right:animwink:
They got it right with the re-do of the Land pavilion, so I'm pretty optimistic they will get this rehab right too. :)

Plus, I thought the new Nemo exhibits that had were very well done, mixing education with popular characters to create something that actually had people lining up to enter TLS once again. TLS really needed that type of boost. Any national aquarium would probably do whatever they could to do what Disney has the ability to do here in terms of introducing a popular movie character to peek interest in the oceans and marinelife. Heck, after Nemo came out, I know of several aquariums that were trying to advertise themselves as the places to see the "real" Nemo's.

As long as they keep the central idea of Sea Base Alpha or some type of research center (which TLS is) alive but that their exhibits use Nemo characters to present their story, I don't know how they could go wrong here. TLS has been dying over the past few years, and only recently with the Nemo additions has it started to pick back up.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
I spoke with a CM friend of mine who told me that managers are now saying that the November reopening will be only Seabase Alpha (including Turtle Talk). The rest of the pavilion will open some months later, and will once again have the ride open.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
MrNonacho said:
I spoke with a CM friend of mine who told me that managers are now saying that the November reopening will be only Seabase Alpha (including Turtle Talk). The rest of the pavilion will open some months later, and will once again have the ride open.

There's two ways they could do that: make the exit an entrance, or re-reroute straight into the unused theater from the queue and then into Sea Base Alpha.

I like the entrance/exit right where they are - rumors of them being swapped have come up for too many projects - and hope they atleast keep the nifty looking entrance mural.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
mousermerf said:
There's two ways they could do that: make the exit an entrance, or re-reroute straight into the unused theater from the queue and then into Sea Base Alpha.

He said that they'd be using the current exit to let guests in and out until the front part of the building is finished.

Chape19714

Coming Soon....Nemo's Great Escape! :p

Sorry, I won't give them any ideas.

Let's hope they do a great job with this rehab. I am very excited to hear the ride is coming back!

SirGoofy

In my opinion, only good can come out of this rehab. LS may have be the least popular pavillion(guest wise), and it needed new life desperately.LS used to amaze me when I was little, but the last time I was in there it was down right dreary. Something had to be done. They can throw all the Nemo in there they want, as long as it stays informative. I have been told by my family, who went and saw Turtle Talk without me :mad: , that it has been done in an educational manner so far, and I hope they stick with it.

KaliSplash

I'm glad my oldest son talked me into seeing the film when we were there in June. And we rode the hydrolaters, too!

And it rained...

MicBat

Im looking forward to the overhaul of the Living Seas. It's always exciting to see how they update the old pavillions. There's nothing they can do to make the place any worse. I've heard too many complaints about that building. It's definitely time for a change.

General Grizz

cowboibabyy said:
I have a question about the hydrolators, probably a stupid one, but do they actually move up and down like an elevator or is it just an effect?
THAT's the magic! We can't tell. ;)

It shakes and moves up and down an inch for effect. But it's done so well. I hope it has a good replacement and just not a regular "entrance."

What Disney did in 1986 in regards to the hydrolators is just plain Imagineering. :)

CTXRover

cowboibabyy said:
I have a question about the hydrolators, probably a stupid one, but do they actually move up and down like an elevator or is it just an effect?

I think the entrance hydrolators are small elevators, but I'm not sure.

However, I'm 100% positive the exit hydrolators are all for effect. The last time I was in the LS the timing on the doors of the hydrolators were somewhat off so when the doors facing the inside opened, the doors facing the outside were just finishing closing and you could see the outside.

The hydrolators were a good way to filter crowds down to magageable sizes when the ride was there, but now have just become a nuisance. They might be neat thematically, but are annoying to wait for in line just so you can enter the pavilion. The space they occupy, along with the pre-show theaters, could be used for something much neater.

General Grizz

CTXRover said:
I think the entrance hydrolators are small elevators, but I'm not sure.

However, I'm 100% positive the exit hydrolators are all for effect. The last time I was in the LS the timing on the doors of the hydrolators were somewhat off so when the doors facing the inside opened, the doors facing the outside were just finishing closing and you could see the outside.
Read above... no elevators. :D

diddy_mouse

I'm very sad that TLS will be down for its rehab when we are down there. But I was *very* glad to experience it on our last trip. I look foward to what the rehab has instore....hopefully it won't become an entire Nemo pavillion. And hopefully this will be a favorable rehab, like IASW. :)

Now we play the waiting game...

Bellhop Jer

I am sad to hear this that it is going under for rehab, but I can't wait to see the final product!! Any dates on re-opening or atleast any guess's?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
They say late November. I'd expect them to want it running the week of Thanksgiving, as Thanksgiving itself is no time to try and work out any logistical bugs.

It think being so close to the Holiday is one reason for the "late November" and no guaranteed date.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
The cool thing about the exit area for TLS is if you use the CM exit/entrance to the pavillion they have a small room that you have to wait in until the outside door closes, which still perserves the effect for the people that are already inside the pavillion

epcot2004

Will this pavillion be re-named? If so that would be a very bad sign to me. I can see it now, no exploration or education but 'all Nemo all the time!' :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom