The Living Seas and Nemo

prberk

Originally posted by niteobsrvr

So the key has to be something else, something more intangible. As Dr. Rouse states, the Key is Emotion.

Themeing isn't enough anymore. You have to tug at the emotions like joy, love, sadness, etc. Without that level of connection most people just walk away thinking "oh, ok", but with it they walk away thinking "WOW".

This is where I truly believe that anticipation and storytelling ability of television comes in. It builds excitement and anticipation over time, while painting the theme.

There was a reason that "Inside/Out" and Walt's original DL program intros brought kids from all over the world to beg their parents to take them. And the same would happen with other adult things browdcast from or focused on WDW (say, sporting events, watersport competitions, etc.). And, as for EPCOT specifically, science competitions and Discovery Channel-type shows need to broadcast from there (not to mention Animal Planet-type stuff at DAK).

And, for the record, these other networks don't have to be Disney owned to do this or make mutual benefit... even if Disney doesn't do this on its own networks, as it should.

netenyahoo

I'm all for making TLS more interesting with Finding Nemo characters. The place is a bore as I only look at the fish for like 10 minutes and then leave. Maybe by upgrading the place and making it more popular with Finding Nemo characters then Disney can get a sponsor for the place to make it even better.

careship

First let me say, all of the above posts have great ideas and thoughts. They show a real love of Walt himself and his dreams. I love TLS. My kids love TLS. I can remember many wonderful conversations with CM's at TLS about the Mantee and the aquarium itself. Yes, I'm sure it wasn't as costly when United Tech sponsored it. You have to have a love for TLS like we do. I would hate to see it lose it's splendor by becoming another character ride. Nemo could be added in there someway, but to lose what it is would be a disappointment for my family. We spend hours there. My kids like to sit by the glass and just watch the fish. The squeals of delight as a "cool fish" goes by makes me warm inside. I do agree, EPCOT needs an update. It needs to stay with Walt's original intentions though. I would love to see a Disney show or Discovery show from there. Maybe a future world on another planet. I mean, communities of tomorrow is today now. The way to make it tomorrow for a much longer time is to make it more futuristic. Life on another planet...gravity....hydroponic foods etc....everything they have now can easily be parts of it. Even TLS could be changed cosmetically to make it like it is an aquarium on another planet. HISTA is getting old and the same old thing, but it never fails to make me and my kids jump and giggle. I don't know...silly half-thoughts from a blonde on the subject.

Poncho1973

Re: Re: The Living Seas and Nemo

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Epcot isn't supposed to be based on Disney films.

Hmmm... me wonders about The Lion King in The Land... Goofy in Wonders of Life... are they ok?

Do people actually think... "hey, this attraction would be so much cooler if they used a generic robot or a nameless person instead of Goofy to teach me about health!"??

Why not us?

bizkid

Account Suspended
hey that sound very cool! i saw nemo today for the 2nd time and it would be great if they could incorperate it into the living seas

DonickCo

i found Nemo!

-DonickCo

Attachments

• dsc00754.jpg
    dsc00754.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 66

Mr. Toad

TLS is currently my favorite EPCOT pavillion (at least until M:S). I would love to see it updated but I don't think it needs characters. However, if they are going to use characters I would much rather see Nemo than The Little Mermaid. Not that I dislike Ariel but I think Nemo would be a better fit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom