The letter on your door, and then the walk.

LudwigVonDrake

There's a certain feeling I get when I check in and I see people checking out. It's one of "Thank God that's not me..." knowing deep down in a week that'll be me :cry:

Disney_Belle

when i get to the airport in providence ready to depart to orlando, i see people coming through with WDW bags and merchandise and i feel bad for them, but at the same time im so excited to go so i try not to let it get me down. but when that day comes its a sad sad day :(

Antjeanne

Original Poster
I actually passed a couple at the airport with their yellow Magical Express tags on the bags. we both looked at each others tags and smiled. We both knew we were on our way back to the real world.

crazydaveh

When I get my letter, i'm depressed for many reasons. Of course I'm upset I'm going home (even though I live 30 miles from WDW) but the other thing that gets me is the bill! I see how much I've spent!

Darn those gift shops and poolside bars! Still, always a great time.

WDWRLD

As I take that last walk down Main Street after the park is closed and I look one last time at town square before the curtain closes and I walk under the archways of Main Street Station.

Baums101

The most depressing moment is walking down main street at night with the castle lit and all the lights shining and the spectromagic music playing in the back as you leave your last day.

Dwarful

Ah, yes, the dreaded departure.... esp. hard if you are flying because you have no dawdle time in the scheduel...when we drive we always let the kids hit their favorites on our last day so that the resort check out is not the last memory of the trip.

now: Antjeanne, can you fill me in on your trip to coronado springs? We are going on our first visit to CS in Dec. thanks

Antjeanne

Original Poster
now: Antjeanne, can you fill me in on your trip to coronado springs? We are going on our first visit to CS in Dec. thanks

Coronado was great! ill post a report in a day or 2. But i highly recommend do not got Labor day week end. Our last night ,Friday,. the place got mobbed. There was a Tom Joyner family reunion there for the labor day weekend. I never heard of the guy, but he has alot of fans. The front desk said over 1,100 check ins on friday. and there is more than 1 person per room. With an influx of that many people the place looked a little dirty by Saturday. Ill post in detail soon

BRER STITCH

The letter on your door, and then the Walk
<HR style="COLOR: #1353b3" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I just got back from Coronado last night. My wife and I kind of noticed the Check out letters hanging on doors. In the mornings on the way to the bus stop we would see families walking with their bags quietly rolling behind them on the way to check out. . We would both just kind of look and not talk about it. as we knew our day would come.And then we woke up the other morning and we had a check out letter. My Daughter was a little upset. We didnt do the walk as we got a ride. But it was still a little sad looking back at our home for a week and saying Good-Bye.
Anybody else get that feeling?

Upon our arrival at WDW, you can pick these families out as we are rushing in with smiling faces to begin our vacation.

They are sad little nomads, suddenly finding themselves without a home, on their way to the parking lot or bus station with their luggage.

We call it "DEAD MAN WALKING!"

:lol:

majortom1981

past week

we had that this past week when we got the magic express letter on our door.

I am extremely lucky though since I live on Long Island and have the World of Disneyt store to help me until my gfg books her next wdw vacation since they own a dvc . This sudnay we are going to the World of Disney store to get pictures with some of the characters. So that helps a little. Also have to get a pic of that Mickey dressed up as the statue of liberty :)

Uponastar

I start getting depressed about leaving 2 or 3 days into my stay! :lol:
Watching others rolling their luggage over to checkout is a reminder that before too long, I'll be doing the same.
Since the anticipation of a trip is so much a part of the fun for me, the only thing that helps me get over the depression of leaving is starting to plan the next trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom