The letter on your door, and then the walk.

Antjeanne

Original Poster
The letter on your door, and then the Walk
<HR style="COLOR: #1353b3" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I just got back from Coronado last night. My wife and I kind of noticed the Check out letters hanging on doors. In the mornings on the way to the bus stop we would see families walking with their bags quietly rolling behind them on the way to check out. . We would both just kind of look and not talk about it. as we knew our day would come.And then we woke up the other morning and we had a check out letter. My Daughter was a little upset. We didnt do the walk as we got a ride. But it was still a little sad looking back at our home for a week and saying Good-Bye.
Anybody else get that feeling?

Cmdr_Crimson

Oh my friend you are not alone...I had the same feeling after having a blast last year..Being it was my first in a Disney resort..I remember seeing envelopes on the doors before my time came seeing sadness on guests faces. When that time came for me....It was like being dumped by the thing you love...kinda like a dear john if I may. But it begs for you to come back next year to see them again...sad for me I had a flight at 6:58 and I had to leave at 3:45 in the morning...I packed up my stuff and stared at my room wanting to take so many things back with me...sadly I couldn't. I opened the door to take one last glimpse. Then taking the walk to the desk to check out kinda gets you a little choked up too. When you find out your all set..you take the walk to the Magical Express to get back to Reality...although you seem surprised after leaving the property that there are food places called Wendy's and Burger King starting to Sprout up again..since your mind is on Mcdonalds staying on the resort.

Now I wait for my return in January to see it once Again...*sigh*

kcnole

Everytime I leave a great vacation and head back to the real world I get like that. It's normally pretty bad leaving Disney but that wasn't the worst for me. My honeymoon was a week at a Sandals resort in Jamaica and to this day was THE most fabulous vacation I've ever had. We had a three hour bus ride from our resort to the airport. I almost cried as we climbed upon that bus. I don't think anybody said anything much for the first hour of the busride. At least I know Disney is only a 6 hour drive away and I'll be back in a few months.

Scooter

I get kind of sad when we leave.

But then I remember my poor Dog, who has been in a kennel all week, and I think about how miserable his week must have been. Then I start to miss him and how glad it will be to see him and I get all happy again.:lol:

So I recommend that you ALL get a pet..it will help with the "I gotta Leave Disney World Blues"

jonesenon4

:sohappy: we have stayed at many wdw resorts and we have never received a check out letter on our door is this something new or the fact that we always check out first thing before we go to the parks.21 more days til we will be checking in can feel the magic already.:sohappy:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It sounds like an eviction letter.

If you had only paid for another week of RENT then you wouldn't be evicted! :lol:

Antjeanne

Original Poster
We always get the letter the morning before check out. It tells us when check out is, and what time our Magical Express bus will pick us up.

Becky

The sad letter is posted after 6 A.M. :cry:

I guess they stoped putting the :sohappy: letters (Come back discount) on the doors as I have not gotten any in 2-3 years. The :D thing about them is that I would book before I left and then the :cry: letter the last morning would not be so:(

Ringo8n24

We get them every time and it is weird because I seem to wake up as I hear them put it on our door. Then, I cannot go back to sleep because I know I have to leave soon. It even makes you sad when you see it on other people's door throughout your stay because you know your day is coming. It is probably the worst part of the trip to me.

AEfx

Nah, I never feel bad, because I always know I'll be back soon. After a week or so, I'm ready for the comforts of home anyway : pets, TiVo, Pepsi products, LOL.

If I went less often then I'm sure I'd feel more upset, but as long as I get down a few times a year I'm pretty happy.

AEfx

yensid63

Oh yes, I can definetly relate to this. That's the saddest moment, opening the door to find the envelope hanging on the door handle. It's the moment for me that reality checks back in and says " Vacation over. Time to head home." :cry: It's also the moment DW looks around the room and says " How are we going pack all this stuff YOU bought. This coming form the person
who if she had her way would buy every Victorian Christmas and Castle item
in the whole of Walt Disney World.:lol:

jmenjes

When you wake up that last morning of your trip and see that letter hanging on your doorknob...that's one of the worst feelings you can have.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Yes, the letter of doom is always dreaded. Sometime on the morning we check out, walking down that long hall to the parking lot, I think off in the distance I hear someone saying "Dead man walkin'." Its so sad knowing you have to go home, back to the real world....

dixiegirl

Depressing!!!! That about sums it up..No I never ever get that feeling like I was ready to come home(unless I was with the inlaws) but no..I love it there!!! I miss nobody when I'm there..I'm with the people I love most..My hubby and our girls.....Nope don't even miss the dogs...if I could I'd move there ...but my babe says not till we're 60....oh well 30 more years:lol: ..anyway 10 more days to go till we go back home....!!POR here we come!!

BelleGurl

I always get upset when leaveing Disneyworld since I only go ONCE a Year. In Janurary I will be getting my first Letter on my door because of my first stay to a Disneyworld Resort. Acctually the Trip is not that magical when you get upset yes you may have to come back home but then you get to look in your bags of all the stuff you got why eatting Fast Food! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom