The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow- spoilers in this post

Dasnowz

Original Poster
This was open yesterday. Has anyone else had a chance to see it? I am wondering if they took away the same impressions we did.

Basically you stand in line until the bldg is emptied of the last group. You walk into a room that is themed out in Pirates.Felt like the stretching room crowd almost the way you are herded. After standing about 10 min in one place during the show you exit and that's it.

It felt half done. The ceiling was very visible. My 16 yo even pointed it out. The walls out side of the room were blech and undone. The exit area was really lame. There were some awesome details but like I said it really feels not done. It needs a lot more work to make it feel finished.

The other issue was because you are standing in a group its very hard for smaller people to see anything. It is also stifling warm in there and it was only 50 out!

There was some awesome things. Don't get me wrong. The skeleton parts were pretty nice. Then there was some really chessy lame stuff. Then came the Hologram of Jack. THAT WAS THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!! Seriously!! My 14 and 16 yo were impressed.

It is not something I would ever stand in line to see nor do I think I want to see it again. I will probably go once more in a few months to see if things have changed or been addressed.

Dasnowz

Original Poster
Sadly I did not get pictures. My youngest is highly capable autistic so we stayed in the back so should would not be touched or bumped ( one of her triggers). We have to make sure she has personal space or she freaks out. Being in back she could not see anything and we had a hard time as well hence my comment about smaller people not seeing anything. I had hoped since we had 4 people taking pictures someone had something on their camera. I will keep looking. I have gone through 500 pics so far and have one more camera still.

Dasnowz

Original Poster
Thanks for the video!!!

At 34 sec look upper right corner and you can see ceiling beams I was talking about.

at 4:35 the screen ends in blackness. you can actually see all the ceiling beams thus making me feel it is unfinished.

Tip Top Club

I too experienced it Yesterday. It's nice, but there's not much to it.

I had no idea what to expect, and the Projection of Jack is nice (It took a me a few seconds to deduce whether it was a real person or not) It was VERY well done. But the rest of it was very meh. If you're not a huge fan of the series it's sort of inexplicable. Also Davy Jones' Voice sucked.

wiigirl

Awesome! :)
75.gif

pumpkin7

Oh I was going to say they've got a really good actor up there portracying Captain Jack. I couldn't work out whether it was a hologram either!
Nice to see Johnny wanting to come back and reprise his role. It's a shame that they could get him, but not bother trying to work something out with Bill Nighy? I mean, they've got the mega star, how could they have not got Bill Nighy??

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Oh I was going to say they've got a really good actor up there portracying Captain Jack. I couldn't work out whether it was a hologram either!
Nice to see Johnny wanting to come back and reprise his role. It's a shame that they could get him, but not bother trying to work something out with Bill Nighy? I mean, they've got the mega star, how could they have not got Bill Nighy??
It is quite possible that Bill's feelings towards his character are not as strong as Depp's and simply did not want to do it. Depp has made no bones about the fact that he loves playing Captain Jack.

kerri dutrisac

Thank you for posting the video. :) I loved it. I am looking forward to seeing in January :) My favorite Disney movie is Pirates and my favorite ride is the Pirates Ride. So I really appreciate the video.

thomas998

Thank you for posting the video. :) I loved it. I am looking forward to seeing in January :) My favorite Disney movie is Pirates and my favorite ride is the Pirates Ride. So I really appreciate the video.

Kind of a shame they have this as a stand alone... would have been a great addition to the MK Pirate ride, sort of a prelude to the ride like the sinking room in Haunted mansion is a prelude to that ride.

WDWmazprty

Johnny Depp Reprised His Role for The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow
Source: Disney Parks​
November 29, 2012​

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97505

jacksparrowsmalldisneyparks.jpg
"The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow" is a walk-through attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios that will allow guests to follow in the footsteps of Jack Sparrow to see if they have what it takes to join his rowdy and daring pirate crew.

In this video from Walt Disney Imagineering, Imagineers Jason Surrell, Laura Mitchell, Charita Carter and Jason Roberts take us behind the scenes of the making of this new experience. According to them, creating an entirely new attraction based on the "Pirates of the Caribbean" film franchise was a dream come true, as was working with the film's lead actor, Johnny Depp, who reprised his role as Captain Jack Sparrow for the attraction's film elements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom