The latest mega millions got me thinking..

Kramerica

Original Poster
So, With the near half billion dollar Mega Millions lotto that I myself put ten hard earned dollars into over, I was thinking about what I'd do if I won. We're all Disney freaks here. I mean look at us. We're on a Disney message board to get our fix until our next trip. So among other things, (for me, a trip to the Delorean dealership, a cabin on beautiful Mt. Hood, and mounds of technology) What Disney related things would you do with your money? Originally, I was thinking buying a house nearby property. But then I thought "I have half a billion dollars, go big!" So I would somehow buy a place to live on property. Which I don't think is actually available to do so. But if you're sitting on 500 million, I think I could make that happen. After that, I would take my family and I on the best, no shortcut, no expense spared Disneyworld vacation of all time. Disney cruise. And stay at the wilderness lodge..

I'm droning on here. What would you do with unlimited funds that is Disney related?

spock

So, With the near half billion dollar Mega Millions lotto that I myself put ten hard earned dollars into over, I was thinking about what I'd do if I won. We're all Disney freaks here. I mean look at us. We're on a Disney message board to get our fix until our next trip. So among other things, (for me, a trip to the Delorean dealership, a cabin on beautiful Mt. Hood, and mounds of technology) What Disney related things would you do with your money? Originally, I was thinking buying a house nearby property. But then I thought "I have half a billion dollars, go big!" So I would somehow buy a place to live on property. Which I don't think is actually available to do so. But if you're sitting on 500 million, I think I could make that happen. After that, I would take my family and I on the best, no shortcut, no expense spared Disneyworld vacation of all time. Disney cruise. And stay at the wilderness lodge..

I'm droning on here. What would you do with unlimited funds that is Disney related?

For starters, I have to ask... Do Delorean dealerships even still exist, or were you just kidding? Didn't they stop making Deloreans over 20 years ago? Just curious.

Anyway, the first thing I would do would be to put my name on the waiting list for Club 33. And if there was a way to pay extra to speed the process along, I'd definitely do that.

Kramerica

Original Poster
For starters, I have to ask... Do Delorean dealerships even still exist, or were you just kidding? Didn't they stop making Deloreans over 20 years ago? Just curious.

Not conventional Delorean dealerships, no. But theres an establishment in California that bought all the leftover Delorean parts when the company went under. They'll build you a brand new Delorean for 50 grand.

MickeyMind

Not conventional Delorean dealerships, no. But theres an establishment in California that bought all the leftover Delorean parts when the company went under. They'll build you a brand new Delorean for 50 grand.

haha I'd love to get a delorean too... I've thought about this too.. I dont think I would buy on disney property too, not even golden oak..part of the "magic" for me is staying at the hotels.. I would stay in fl, build my own lakehouse either here in south fl or up by orlando, and just take trips up to disney. Stay at the nice resorts, grand flo, poly, contemp..

mickeysshoes

Funny you should bring this up...I told my DH if we won I would make sure we had our OWN room at the WL for a very long time. I would spend a year going and trying out rooms until I found the perfect room with the perfect view and location for ME and then I would do what ever I need to make sure it was OURS for years to come!!!!! :lol: :ROFLOL: :lol:

Mad Stitch

We always talk about <insert attraction here> needing a sponsor before it gets a referb. I’ve always wondered if Disney would accept sponsorship from a private investor. Could you imagine walking up to an attraction and seeing “Journey into Imagination Sponsored by: John Smith.” It would be fun working with the Imagineers on the new attraction.

6laurac

I would try out all the deluxe Disney hotels to find the best one and take my daughter to the parks for a week every month until she's in school and then during the summer we'd have a summer rental of a room in the perfect Disney hotel.

I'd try out all the Disney sit down restaurants at least once too.

Ella's Mommy

I would stay in our favorite room (Poly Theme Park Club Level) for two weeks right after winning. Then do exactly what we do now which is Poly CL once a year..............Well maybe I'd throw in a couple extra trips to Grand Floridian :ROFLOL:

plaz10

Various 7 day Disney cruises
1 week at every resort on property (except the ones I've already stayed at)
Buy a house in Celebration, FL
Visit every Disney property on Earth for at least 1 week
Eat at every Disney restaurant on property.

Not all at the same time - I'd space it out. But these would be my Disney dreams.

annawilliams

Buy a home on Disney's Golden Oak properties.
I would get annual passes.
I would pay to rent magic kingdom out for a day for underprivileged and orphaned/foster kids.

Florida_is_hot

I think I rather do a grand world tour.

Start in North America, go to the high Arctic, see the mid night sun experience polar winter, make sure I see and experience every region of North America, Alaska, NWT, all provinces and in the USA the states, Mexico, Latin America see all the natural sites and cities, meet the people eat local food.

Go to the next continent and repeat until I know this planet, we have a short time and I hate to waste it only on Disney properties; oh sure I see them all when I tour the continents they are part of.

It is a dream.......

njDizFan

I think a grand tour of all things Disney would be appropriate. Starting off in DL and head east hitting HKDL, TDL/TDS, DLP, and finally home to WDW...of course followed by a nice Disney cruise.

I think that after a couple of months I would temporarily be ready to forgo disney for a while and concentrate on the rest of the world.

JIMINYCR

TV commercial: Now that you won the Mega Millions what are you going to do? I scream out ... I'm going to Walt Disney World. The next day: I am riding in the Grand Marshal's car down Main Street, Mickey is next to me, we're waving to the guests as I throw hundred dollar bills out to the crowd. :sohappy:
Unfortunately for all of you I lost. :cry:

I would buy two Golden Oaks houses...one for my family and one for my in-laws or friends of ours who want to visit. I like the idea to sponsor a referb. I'd also buy stock in WDE and join the Vacation Club...I figure I'm going to travel I might as well get a discount..why pay full price just because I can!

I hate I did not win...:brick:

comics101

We always talk about <insert attraction here> needing a sponsor before it gets a referb. I’ve always wondered if Disney would accept sponsorship from a private investor. Could you imagine walking up to an attraction and seeing “Journey into Imagination Sponsored by: John Smith.” It would be fun working with the Imagineers on the new attraction.

:lol: That's awesome. Disney is looking for outside investors, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom