The Latest Jim Hill Media Rumors for WDW

MickeyTigg

Original Poster
Everest to get mountain climbers...this is based on Jim finding out that Disney has registered the domain names:

EVERESTCLIMBERGUY.COM and
MOUNTAINCLIMBERGUY.COM

In 2006, the Studios will be getting a brand-new character dining experience to the studios. One that's built around the characters from Pixar's "Toy Story" movies. Jim knows this because he says that WDW is "...seeking actors to portray the role of Sarge from 'Toy Story' for an exciting, new character dining experience at the Disney-MGM Studios."

A number of folks at WDI would like to use the area that used to house the "Hunchback of Notre Dame" show as a possible location for the studio's next indoor roller coaster. One that would themed around the door-hangar sequence from that 2001 Pixar Animation Studios release. According to Jim...this proposed "Monsters, Inc." -themed indoor roller coaster is NOT a "go" project at this moment. It's just something that the Imagineers are toying with adding to the studio theme park during the latter part of this decade.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

SewIn2Disney

Interesting. We all know to take Jim Hill with a grain of salt, but these sound good.
A Toy Story dining experience would be good for all of those who complain there is too much "Princess" for just the girls.
And, I said they should have a roller coaster based on the door scene years ago!

peter11435

SewIn2Disney said:
Interesting. We all know to take Jim Hill with a grain of salt, but these sound good.
A Toy Story dining experience would be good for all of those who complain there is too much "Princess" for just the girls.
And, I said they should have a roller coaster based on the door scene years ago!

To be honest I think I would rather have the Monsters dark ride from DCA than a roller coaster.

marchofthecards

Some of this has logic.

If they were to open a new Pixar banquetting setup, then they would take that dreadful Pizza Planet out, adjacent to the Muppet Theatre. This then would marry up to the plans for expanding on the Muppet Area, to make a Muppet land. It's in Disney's interests to do this now, due to the recent ownership of rights they have taken on board.

Some of it makes sense...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Oh... wow.... a.... restaurant.... must.... contain.... excitement..... :snore:

I heard Imagineers are toying with some ideas for implementation sometime in the next decade. This is news..... why???? Anyone could write an article with that kind of 'information'. :zipit: JHM :zipit:

Lee

Adventurer
Yeah, some of that stuff, like the door coaster, are purely concepts at this point. Doesn't mean it won't happen, but it has a ways to go to get to that point.

There are some accurate points made in the article. He's right about the Jack Sparrows and the Space Mountain refurb (I posted about that a couple weeks ago).:D

wannab@dis

Lee said:
There are some accurate points made in the article. He's right about the Jack Sparrows and the Space Mountain refurb (I posted about that a couple weeks ago).:D
Figured that you (and others here at WDWMagic) were his "un-named" sources... :lol:

Seems his articles (cause you can't call his crap news) are always following the release of new information here. :lookaroun

ogryn

I wonder how many more articles will be written that use Disney's domain registrations as a source? That's all there ever seem to be nowadays.

Empress Room

Lee said:
Yeah, some of that stuff, like the door coaster, are purely concepts at this point. Doesn't mean it won't happen, but it has a ways to go to get to that point.

Lee:

What's your sense on the theme of the JHM article as a whole - that there isn't a lot of "good news" to report and that there are no attractions or rides planned for the near future - specifically Jim's comment, "I've heard that -- after 'Expedition Everest' opens in April -- there's going to be a hold placed on the construction on any new rides, shows and attractions for WDW."?

Lee

Adventurer
Empress Room said:
Lee:
What's your sense on the theme of the JHM article as a whole - that there isn't a lot of "good news" to report and that there are no attractions or rides planned for the near future - specifically Jim's comment, "I've heard that -- after 'Expedition Everest' opens in April -- there's going to be a hold placed on the construction on any new rides, shows and attractions for WDW."?

Eh...don't read too much into that statement about the hold. It doesn't mean that there will be years going by before a new ride, just not anything new starting within the next few months or a year. Anyway, I have it on good authority that something is about to happen to the Superstar TV/Sounds Dangerous buildings at MGM, possibly as soon as this spring, so that right there would end the "hold".
Plus, the refurbs that are planned are as needed as new rides.

wcduke

This may be a dumb question, but where exactly is the location of the Old Hunchback of Notre Dame show? Prior to my 2003 trip to WDW (and subsequent Disney-addiction), my last trip to WDW was in the late 80's.

Thanks!

KumbaRider

wcduke said:
This may be a dumb question, but where exactly is the location of the Old Hunchback of Notre Dame show? Prior to my 2003 trip to WDW (and subsequent Disney-addiction), my last trip to WDW was in the late 80's.

Thanks!

It's near the Streets of America towards Lights Motors Action and after Star Tours. I believe it was covered up with the San Francisco facade?

WDWCP

KumbaRider said:
It's near the Streets of America towards Lights Motors Action and after Star Tours. I believe it was covered up with the San Francisco facade?

If a coaster were to ever come in this area, it would be nice to get another E-Ticket ride in a spot away from RNR and TOT. Might be good to try to spread the crowds around the park a little better...

coln84

WDWCP said:
If a coaster were to ever come in this area, it would be nice to get another E-Ticket ride in a spot away from RNR and TOT. Might be good to try to spread the crowds around the park a little better...

I completely agree with you. It seems very odd that they built those two attractions that close and then add fantasmic. The back of the park is completly dead once night falls with the exception of the lights during xmas. It also contradicts everyone saying that they will not build another e-ticket next to everest because disney wants to spread the crowds. (insert not so naughty word) poor job done at studios! I would love to see anything put in the back (of studios) there to help make that park better. Studios truly can be done in a day (well you may miss Indiana Jones or the Little Mermaid). Even with the new stunt show, its not like they can do any shows of it after dusk. Please disney just put something in the back!! Hell it can be pixar, a clone, or an original, just something! (just no harry potter)

imagineersrock

WDWCP said:
I'm thinking the same thing, especially in the evening hours after LMAX and Millionaire have had their last shows of the day, and the Backlot Tour has closed, the entire back half of the park is practically dead. (With the exception of when the Osborne Lights are running.)

wannab@dis

The best time for a sunset blvd e-ticket run... while Fantasmic and Osborne lights are showing. :lol:

Entire park seems empty.

dxwwf3

wannab@dis said:
The best time for a sunset blvd e-ticket run... while Fantasmic and Osborne lights are showing. :lol:

Entire park seems empty.

Huge understatement. It's bad enough when there is just Fantasmic, but when Fantasmic and the Lights are going on, you can get alot of rides on ToT and RNRC with little to no wait.

I agree that a new attraction on that side of the park would be really great and maybe if we get a new Star Tours film in the not-too-distant future, the crowd should definitely be more spread out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom