Trip Report the last time (taylor's version)

Hi all! Guess who just came back from Disney World? Tis I! After over a year away, it was a most interesting trip. My grandma and I planned this back in June after I found out that I got into grad school (again... I'm a sucker for punishment) so it was meant to be a celebratory trip for that and also my grandma would be turning 70 shortly before it! And then the end of September rolled around and I (in Fort Myers) got to experience the delights of Hurricane Ian. I work in a first response field so it was a very busy, awful couple of weeks. After that I decided... If we were doing this trip (which was all that was keeping me going post-hurricane for a good bit), we were going to give Bob Chapek everything he wanted. That's right, we were going to cough up for Genie+. I'm a hypocrite, I know. Does it help if I say that I'm moving to West Virginia and won't get back to Orlando until after the program is over? No? I thought as much... But still... I spent A LOT OF MONEY on this trip LOL... and most of it wasn't even at Disney... Because, you see... While we were going to be in the World, Taylor Swift was going to have a presale for her tour... And I, a Swiftie to the max, knew that I would be going... come h-e-double-hockey-sticks or high water... Did I manage to get tickets? Did Grandma and I conquer our previous records regarding attraction count and step count? Stick around to find out....

We begin with DAY ONE, November 14th. Our travels would take us from Magic Kingdom to Epcot, as MK was closing early that evening for the Christmas Party (no expense spared, I say, whilst cringing away from the prices for the Christmas Party... So we didn't do that). I awoke at 6am, pulled up MDE, and....

IMG_1189.PNG

IMG_0945.JPG

But, I shelled out $36.22 (Grandma and I decided we would trade off each day) and got ready for the day. We had an hour and a half drive to get to WDW from my grandparents' house (which I had traveled to on Friday), so we got in the car around 6:45 and hit the road. It went well until we were about 30 minutes into the I-4 stretch... and then we hit solid red traffic. Stand still. Man, I had to pee. I kept looking down at my phone and seeing that we only had 15 miles left, 14, 13... Then 13 for an eternity... and then...
IMG_1192.PNG

I decided to go a longer back way, because at least we would be moving. I'd rather be moving continuously for a longer stretch of time than sitting in stand still traffic. A brief stop was made at 7/11 to pee (huzzah), and then we continued on our strange, back way route to Disney property.

Meanwhile I received this
IMG_1193.PNG

Which was a pleasant surprise! We were looking forward to dumping our belongings in the room, grabbing a bus to MK, and getting started with the day. And just like that...

IMG_1194.jpg

We were pulling in! Huzzah!
IMG_1195.jpg

This is where I decided to park *crowd oohs and ahhhs*. We took a very bizarre route to our room because we couldn't find the elevator, but eventually we were walking inside and were greeted by...
IMG_1196.jpg

Welcome, [REDACTED] & [REDACTED]!

A room tour, you ask? No, I shan't do it. I will instead show you things that I noticed.

IMG_1198.jpg

A crooked light fixture.
IMG_1202.jpg

Some scum.
IMG_1203.jpg

The shower got my seal of approval. With the room inspected and no egregious disturbances noted, we were ready to head to MK.

tonystark

Original Poster
IMG_2162.jpeg

I will do ANYTHING FOR PICKLED RED ONIONS! I had the fried chicken sandwich which was on a delicious focaccia. And the PICKLED ONIONS... what's my favorite salad at Panera Bread? The one with pickled onions.

We weren't in a rush so I decided to order a dessert!
IMG_2163.jpeg

With a promise from my grandma that she would assist me. I ordered the standard sundae that lets you pick two flavors and toppings. I was actually overcharged for a different sundae but the difference was like 2 dollars so I didn't bother addressing it.
IMG_2165.jpeg

Strawberry and chocolate ice cream with nuts, hot fudge, and whipped cream.
IMG_3542.jpeg

Grandma took this picture instead of helping. You can see how much she helped based on this picture. Two bites. I swear.

Did I manage it on my own?
IMG_2166.jpeg

Captain America Avengers GIF

Time to make our way out!
IMG_2168.jpeg

IMG_2169.jpeg

IMG_2171.jpeg

Until next time, Magic Kingdom.
IMG_2172.jpeg

The lines were quite long for the monorail but we were willing to wait in the shorter line for the resort monorail even if it took longer. Spaceship Earth was down by this point and I was trying to buy it some time to be back up by the time we arrived.
IMG_2173.jpeg

And here we were! Next in line.

tonystark

Original Poster
IMG_2179.jpeg

Now approaching... SSE still down :(
IMG_2180.jpeg

We had booked a Lightning Lane for Soarin' and were off.
IMG_2181.jpeg

Please be back up before the night was through... One last ride, old gal... Even if we broke down for 40 minutes...
IMG_2182.jpeg

The Land is always there to welcome you home.
IMG_2183.jpeg

Almost there.
IMG_2184.jpeg

IMG_2185.jpeg

A slightly crooked screen but not bad...
IMG_2186.jpeg

...for ATTRACTION #57.
IMG_2187.jpeg

Disembarking, we had a decision to make for our final ride.
IMG_2188.jpeg

Living with the Land it would be. I think I booked that Lightning Lane for SSE in the hopes that maybe, just maybe it would be back up after LWTL and we could zip through the line...

tonystark

Original Poster
IMG_2189.jpeg

Our seats for ATTRACTION #58.
IMG_2193.jpeg

Cute little prairie dogs.
IMG_2194.jpeg

But YAY Christmas lights!!
IMG_2196.jpeg

And I learned that these little things were lights!
IMG_2198.jpeg

Yes, I was thrilled by the Christmas lights lol.
IMG_2199.jpeg

I did feel like these moving white lights would disturb me if I was a fish.
IMG_2200.jpeg

IMG_2202.jpeg

Neat wrapping paper. They could sell that and make a fortune.
IMG_2204.jpeg

Very bright, still, but I was wondering if those stockings actually belonged to the CMs working in the lab.
IMG_2205.jpeg

More wrapping paper. This was absolutely a missed opportunity for merchandise!!

tonystark

Original Poster
IMG_2207.jpeg

Goodbye Potato Woman!
IMG_2208.jpeg

Hoping against hope for a miracle...
IMG_2209.jpeg

Still no... It was time to accept my loss and depart.
IMG_2210.jpeg

We exited the park, and then stood here for like 3 minutes watching CMs enter and exit SSE. I really was holding on to hope lol.
IMG_2211.jpeg

But I gave up for real. And a bus was waiting!
IMG_2212.jpeg

Took this screenshot on our way back to the hotel to make myself feel better. SSE did not come back up for the rest of the night.

Step count: 19,789.

Friday, November 18th was our departure day.
IMG_2215.jpeg

One last kids scramble was had and our trip was done. 58 attractions (not including grandma's Guardians and Skyliner solo voyages while I was battling Taylor Swift in combat for tickets to see her perform) and 95,456 steps. Not bad! Sorry for the delay in getting this one wrapped up but I hope it was at least occasionally entertaining. Til next time!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Your TR are always entertaining, not just occasionally 😊.

Thanks for taking the time; I hope you are soon reunited with your emotional support water bottle 😉

k8einwdw

And though I am embarrassed to post proof of my caving to the Genie, it worked well for us that night.

Speaking of children, grandma and I were seated beside a child wayyyyy too young for this ride. She cried the entire time :( ... I'm not a parent but just because your child is tall enough to go on a ride doesn't mean they're ready for it. Dinosaur is scary!
I am a parent, and I agree. It's so sad/frustrating to see parents forcing their kids on rides they are scared to go on.
I will do ANYTHING FOR PICKLED RED ONIONS!

TikTok taught me how to make them myself so now I always have a jar in the fridge. :hungry:

Great TR, as always! Your commentary and pop culture references are always entertaining!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I am a parent, and I agree. It's so sad/frustrating to see parents forcing their kids on rides they are scared to go on.

Funny that I would read this today of all days - we’ve just gotten back to our hotel from DLP where I am spending a few days with my DD and her BF (he is 19). I told him that BTMRR is about my thrill « limit »; he had been reticent to go on it but did really enjoy it. Afterwards he mentioned that his mom always forced him on thrill rides despite knowing how much he does not like them.

Last edited:

ArmoredRodent

To the Firehouse! I don't think I've ever actually been inside before. Until now!
For the three of us who remember the interactive MK game: Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, the Firehouse was the combination check-in, reward location, and training center for learning how to play and getting your first set of cards to play. (There was also a secret help/redemption location behind a shop in Frontierland, but it wasn't always open and sparsely staffed.) I used to go to the MK just to play SotMK, in my long-term efforts to grind up levels in the increasingly-breakdown-prone game. I still have my "power-up" t-shirt.

Taylor SWIFT?
And speaking of TayTay, here's something that will scare some people, and delight those who believe in revenge:

cgersic

Man, what a great trip report! I just cannot believe that you and @Tuvalu missed each other so many times!! I also hope you are reunited with your support water bottle and that you have a splendiferous time at the TayTay concert!!
Taylor Swift GIF by AMAs

tonystark

Original Poster
Your TR are always entertaining, not just occasionally 😊.

Thanks for taking the time; I hope you are soon reunited with your emotional support water bottle 😉
Thank you! Only a few days more and I'll finally be able to drink water again.
So enjoyed your report! Hope you’re feeling all better!
Finally recovered! It was definitely a nasty cold/flu.
Super fun, busy TR as always!! Thanks for sharing!!
Now for me to catch up on reading yours (and everyone else I've missed!
Great report. I'm in awe of what you all fit in. Good luck next semester!
We do Disney in a not-fun-for-anyone-else way LOL
TikTok taught me how to make them myself so now I always have a jar in the fridge. :hungry:
One of the few decent uses for TikTok (I say with like a 4 hour per day screen time for TikTok.... teehee)
Funny that I would read this today of all days - we’ve just gotten back to our hotel from DLP where I am spending a few days with my DD and her BF (he is 19). I told him that BTMRR is about my thrill « limit »; he had been reticent to go on it but did really enjoy it. Afterwards he mentioned that his mom always forced him on thrill rides despite knowing how much he does not like them.
Aha but he enjoyed it!! I was hesitant to go on Space when I first did in my teens and feel like I'm probably going to be beheaded or dismembered every time but it must be done.
Great trip report as always

Thanks for sharing

Really appreciate the commentary along the way!!

Max
Thank you for reading, Max!
For the three of us who remember the interactive MK game:
I remember it but never had the opportunity to play it! And it's a good thing I don't plan on selling my TS tickets! Even for an exorbitant sum!
Man, what a great trip report! I just cannot believe that you and @Tuvalu missed each other so many times!! I also hope you are reunited with your support water bottle and that you have a splendiferous time at the TayTay concert!!
Taylor Swift GIF by AMAs
I know!!! I missed out on a Tuvalu card SO MANY TIMES. The stars were not aligned. My bad for not doing a PTR but life was busy :( perhaps next time! And thank you!!! I'm looking forward to it a bunch!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom