Trip Report the last time (taylor's version)

Hi all! Guess who just came back from Disney World? Tis I! After over a year away, it was a most interesting trip. My grandma and I planned this back in June after I found out that I got into grad school (again... I'm a sucker for punishment) so it was meant to be a celebratory trip for that and also my grandma would be turning 70 shortly before it! And then the end of September rolled around and I (in Fort Myers) got to experience the delights of Hurricane Ian. I work in a first response field so it was a very busy, awful couple of weeks. After that I decided... If we were doing this trip (which was all that was keeping me going post-hurricane for a good bit), we were going to give Bob Chapek everything he wanted. That's right, we were going to cough up for Genie+. I'm a hypocrite, I know. Does it help if I say that I'm moving to West Virginia and won't get back to Orlando until after the program is over? No? I thought as much... But still... I spent A LOT OF MONEY on this trip LOL... and most of it wasn't even at Disney... Because, you see... While we were going to be in the World, Taylor Swift was going to have a presale for her tour... And I, a Swiftie to the max, knew that I would be going... come h-e-double-hockey-sticks or high water... Did I manage to get tickets? Did Grandma and I conquer our previous records regarding attraction count and step count? Stick around to find out....

We begin with DAY ONE, November 14th. Our travels would take us from Magic Kingdom to Epcot, as MK was closing early that evening for the Christmas Party (no expense spared, I say, whilst cringing away from the prices for the Christmas Party... So we didn't do that). I awoke at 6am, pulled up MDE, and....

IMG_1189.PNG

IMG_0945.JPG

But, I shelled out $36.22 (Grandma and I decided we would trade off each day) and got ready for the day. We had an hour and a half drive to get to WDW from my grandparents' house (which I had traveled to on Friday), so we got in the car around 6:45 and hit the road. It went well until we were about 30 minutes into the I-4 stretch... and then we hit solid red traffic. Stand still. Man, I had to pee. I kept looking down at my phone and seeing that we only had 15 miles left, 14, 13... Then 13 for an eternity... and then...
IMG_1192.PNG

I decided to go a longer back way, because at least we would be moving. I'd rather be moving continuously for a longer stretch of time than sitting in stand still traffic. A brief stop was made at 7/11 to pee (huzzah), and then we continued on our strange, back way route to Disney property.

Meanwhile I received this
IMG_1193.PNG

Which was a pleasant surprise! We were looking forward to dumping our belongings in the room, grabbing a bus to MK, and getting started with the day. And just like that...

IMG_1194.jpg

We were pulling in! Huzzah!
IMG_1195.jpg

This is where I decided to park *crowd oohs and ahhhs*. We took a very bizarre route to our room because we couldn't find the elevator, but eventually we were walking inside and were greeted by...
IMG_1196.jpg

Welcome, [REDACTED] & [REDACTED]!

A room tour, you ask? No, I shan't do it. I will instead show you things that I noticed.

IMG_1198.jpg

A crooked light fixture.
IMG_1202.jpg

Some scum.
IMG_1203.jpg

The shower got my seal of approval. With the room inspected and no egregious disturbances noted, we were ready to head to MK.

tonystark

Original Poster
Love your shoes, they look great on you!

It was nice to see that warning sign rather than an Orange Cone in the unusable Peoplemover cars.
Thanks lol, they are still growing on me. After the hurricane I looked at them and said...
thatll do james cromwell GIF

Sorry to hear you have Covid, hope you feel better soon.
This is my first time having it! I always said that were I to get it, it would be from a flight or from Disney because I'm a homebody... And here we are. Right now all that really sucks is the fever. And that I'm going to be missing Thanksgiving :(

tonystark

Original Poster
IMG_1240.jpeg

Tron construction has really come along since the last time I was here. I was fortunate (not on this day) to see them testing a few ride cars. I still think the ride vehicles would freak me out too much a la FOP.
IMG_1244.jpeg

Honestly, getting a little concerned for her with how long she's been in here... Maybe one of those tubes is supplying oxygen to her.
IMG_1245.jpeg

Is there a queue worse than the Buzz Lightyear queue? No, I don't think so. The blaring alarms... The always on the cusp of working but not quite there AC, the crowdedness of it all... Fortunately lightning lane was not particularly busy so we walked on to ATTRACTION #2.
IMG_1247.jpeg

This seemed new to me. Or if it's not, it's been cleaned up and is more vibrant. Who is to say. Did I score phenomenally? Come on, y'all, you know me...
IMG_1249.jpeg

Ranger First Class for eternity I fear.
IMG_1250.jpeg

Time to use that select experience fast— LIGHTNING LANE on ATTRACTION #3, which was back up.
IMG_1251.jpeg

Sent this to my grandpa who had stayed home for this trip and he had no idea what ride we were on. In the days leading up to the trip, he kept acting very sad and being like "you're leaving me here all alone :(" and then we would ask him if he wanted to come and he would say no lol. My grandpa doesn't care for Disney very much (begrudgingly goes with my grandma for the sake of my grandma) and has told us several times that the way we do Disney is not fun. We know this. And yet... With four days at the parks, we told ourselves that we would take it easy. We did not take it easy. Maximum overdrive, remember?
IMG_1255.jpeg

Front row
Boomer Reaction GIF

IMG_1258.jpeg

FORBIDDEN BALL PIT!!!

It was fun (Space always is) but it was time to hustle over to Adventureland to catch ATTRACTION #4. You already know...
IMG_1260.jpeg

tonystark

Original Poster
I got Covid after my trip too
Off work for 8 days - hopefully yours is less painful

Max
feeling a little better today! I anticipate having to be off until Thursday, but then... I've got Thanksgiving off so it shall all work out.
Exact same body position as FOP

Very smooth ride

Max
Yes... I shall just watch from a distance.

My family got Covid at Disney this summer too! Sigh. I’m sorry you’re sick. Hopefully you can have a relaxing thanksgiving week. Can’t wait to read about the rest of your trip!
It was inevitable! Now I'll have natural immunity on top of my vaccines so when I start rotating through hospitals for my degree, I'll have a little bit more protection than before :)
Am I here for the Trip Reporting? Of course. Am I invested in the Taylor Swift ticket outcome? EVEN MORE SO.

I was NOT lucky enough to get tickets, so I am not actually sure what I am hoping for the outcome to be 😅

Music Video Hello GIF by Taylor Swift
Honestly the minute she announced the tour I was like I'm going to have to set aside my Disney Adult persona and embody my Swiftie persona. Never mind the money I had spent to go to Epcot that day. Twas truly irrelevant in the moment. I'm sorry you couldn't get tickets :( my friend waited like 8 hours in the queue and there was nothing left except nosebleeds, so she decided to wait for the general admission sale on Friday... We all saw how that one turned out.

Zipadeelady

Am I here for the Trip Reporting? Of course. Am I invested in the Taylor Swift ticket outcome? EVEN MORE SO.

I was NOT lucky enough to get tickets, so I am not actually sure what I am hoping for the outcome to be 😅

Music Video Hello GIF by Taylor Swift
Honestly the minute she announced the tour I was like I'm going to have to set aside my Disney Adult persona and embody my Swiftie persona. Never mind the money I had spent to go to Epcot that day. Twas truly irrelevant in the moment. I'm sorry you couldn't get tickets :( my friend waited like 8 hours in the queue and there was nothing left except nosebleeds, so she decided to wait for the general admission sale on Friday... We all saw how that one turned out.

I'm another holding out for tickets. But for my daughter as a Christmas present. I tried for presale in Tampa but was put on the waitlist. I also thought I'd try general admission. Yep that was a disaster. Luckily some friends of hers got in the presale and got good tickets for the Detroit show so at least she'll be visiting home in June. :) I wonder if the people in the waitlist will ever hear anything?

tonystark

Original Poster
IMG_1264.jpeg

COVID's got me feeling like this guy.
IMG_1265.jpeg

Me staring down the next two years of graduate education. Into the abyss I go.
IMG_1274.jpeg

season 2 lightsaber lost GIF by Star Wars

Sent pics of his foot to a friend... Feet pics free of charge.
IMG_1277.jpeg

You can see the progression of phones I've had through the course of my trip reports. I'm using an iPhone 13 now, and tried to take a few pictures with night mode but you have to stay still for 2 or 3 seconds depending on the depth of the darkness. So I was really only able to use it when we came to a complete stop, which happened quite a few times this trip.

Grandma wanted a snack. My grandma is healthy :rolleyes: We went to the only place we could think of for a healthy snack.
IMG_1281.jpeg

Considering her options. This banana was either 2.29 or 2.50. For a banana
season 7 episode 24 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
(I have no recollection of Mr.Krabs responding in French in this scene)
Time for the one freebie I can rely on at Walt Disney World. For now! A brief stop at Pecos Bill.
IMG_1283.jpeg

Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max

And then we popped over to Memento Mori because 1) I love that store 2) We were killing time 3) I love that store. I immediately saw something I needed.
IMG_1284.jpeg

IMG_1285.jpeg

Iron Man Want GIF

(Buy it, store it — sorry I know that script by heart teehee).
Anyways, I turn to the cast member because the price isn't posted on the tag and ask how much it is.
"85$ including tax," he replied cheerfully.

85 DOLLARS? 85 UNITED STATES DOLLARS? 85 OF THE PRECIOUS LEGAL TENDER I'M SUPPOSED TO BE SAVING TO LIVE OFF OF FOR GRADUATE SCHOOL? 85$ THAT REALLY HAS TO BE SET ASIDE FOR MS. SWIFT? I couldn't do it. I was willing to spend 60$ on a spirit jersey, no more. Have all spirit jerseys risen to the outrageous price of 85$? Or was it just because it was tie-dye and glow in the dark? Heart broken, I turned away from the spirit jerseys and set my sight on something else.
IMG_1286.jpeg

King Of The Hill Dancing GIF

Me in my HM jammies. JK they were 50$.
fox tv GIF by Bob's Burgers

I walked away (but have no fear, these two items return later on in the trip... perhaps I have more success).

The CM then said to me... "That hat is retired, you know?" (Referring to the the Ghost Host hat nestled upon my brow)
Me: uhh.... Yeah?

What was I supposed to say to that? Like... was he complimenting my cool ~vintage~ HM merch OR was he like "LOL look at you wearing old gear and you won't even spring for this baller spirit jersey". Who knows.

Other items I saw at Memento Mori and considered are forthcoming. Here's one I thought I wanted.
IMG_1287.jpeg

But the lettering was raised which I just didn't care for. Also the sweater beside it is atrociously ugly.

tonystark

Original Poster
I'm another holding out for tickets. But for my daughter as a Christmas present. I tried for presale in Tampa but was put on the waitlist. I also thought I'd try general admission. Yep that was a disaster. Luckily some friends of hers got in the presale and got good tickets for the Detroit show so at least she'll be visiting home in June. :) I wonder if the people in the waitlist will ever hear anything?
Glad she can go to a show! I don't know what will become of the waitlist tbh. Ticketmaster really royally screwed up. I was immersed in the drama as I was waiting in lines for rides, waiting for TMs response, for TS's response... When TM said unprecedented demand I rolled my eyes as they knew exactly how many presale codes there were, since they were the entity to generate them. My coworker's friend got floor seats in Denver so now she's planning a trip to Denver since she didn't get into the presale for Tampa lol. It's all kind of insane.

cgersic

Thanks lol, they are still growing on me. After the hurricane I looked at them and said...

This is my first time having it! I always said that were I to get it, it would be from a flight or from Disney because I'm a homebody... And here we are. Right now all that really sucks is the fever. And that I'm going to be missing Thanksgiving :(
I say this allll the time!!! :joyfull: Sorry about the covid and missing Thanksgiving!

tonystark

Original Poster
It's going to be my first time having an apartment to myself! So much money is going to be spent furnishing it (jk I am going to furnish it as cheaply as humanly possible) so it was time to look at some homeware.
IMG_1289.jpeg

Cool plates but kind of undersized for actual usage.
IMG_1290.jpeg

Cool Madame Leota bowl.
IMG_1291.jpeg

Tis the season. Alas, no Christmas tree for me this year, I'm moving right in the middle of the holidays (what fun!)
IMG_1292.jpeg

This was another great temptation. Alas, I fear my car has too many stickers and magnets to make room for this. How could I ever remove my Taylor Swift and Harry Styles magnet that says "I am a child of divorce"?
IMG_1293.jpeg

Bathroom break. I have spared you from many, many bathroom breaks in this trip report. Something in the air at Disney World makes me have to pee. I was also drinking a lot of Diet Coke (my newest addiction rivaling Coke Zero but not quite surpassing it).
IMG_1294.jpeg

I feel like these mirrors used to be open all the time? Perhaps I could have just opened them myself.
IMG_1295.jpeg

Nice to see this up and running since they had emptied out the ROA last time I was there.
IMG_1296.jpeg

Making our way... As close to the Festival of Fantasy as I will ever get.
IMG_1298.jpeg

ATTRACTION #5. I will miss this ride. I understand why it is going away, however. And that's all I shall say on that.
IMG_1301.jpeg

Oh nooooo, not a child in front of me... Practically guaranteeing that I will get wet 🤧

MoragL

my first (and only) time was also on return from a Disney trip but thankfully quite a mild case. I only tested out of curiosity (no fever, only very mild cold symptoms). Was quite shocked when it was positive. Hope you are feeling better.

tonystark

Original Poster
Seriously, you and my daughter C are the same person. She has that exact sticker on her car and has to explain it to me multiple times. :hilarious:
I have also had to explain it to my mom and she doesn't understand. My parents are actually divorced so she didn't get why Taylor Swift and Harry Styles were there lol
my first (and only) time was also on return from a Disney trip but thankfully quite a mild case. I only tested out of curiosity (no fever, only very mild cold symptoms). Was quite shocked when it was positive. Hope you are feeling better.
honestly this morning I felt great and had no fever, then about 30 minutes ago I spiked a fever and started feeling terrible. this is all very bizarre 🤧
Well, I came back in JUST for your TR. Sorry I'm late, but I'm here. And sorry you've caught the bug.
Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

tonystark

Original Poster
IMG_1302.jpeg

frogs GIF

IMG_1304.jpeg

With that facial expression, my modified lyrics of pretty good show us your [REDACTED] are actually rather fitting.
season 4 episode 13 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

IMG_1307.jpeg

The dreaded bad birds. It was time to ascend into the light. The boy in front of me was really not having it. Lucky for him, I was going to get the brunt of the water, but he did not realize this... I realized it... The whole ride, I realized it....
Kendall Jenner Kylie GIF

IMG_1312.jpeg

Beautiful.. I shall miss you, talented chickens.
IMG_1314.jpeg

And it was, then... Happier times...

It was time to go to another lightning lane. A ride that I can't believe I'm paying extra to ride LOL. Oh well... gotta get those numbers up.
IMG_1315.jpeg

You Cant Be Serious Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

IMG_1316.jpeg

season 2 senate murders GIF by Star Wars

IMG_1322.jpeg

Here we are on ATTRACTION #6, and we got stopped in this scene for a few minutes. Long enough for me to try out dark mode. But everyone kept moving. So this is the best I can do.
IMG_1323.jpeg

Despite what I think of this ride, this animatronic does always manage to impress me.
IMG_1325.jpeg

This, however, does not.

tonystark

Original Poster
IMG_1327.jpeg

people blush GIF

IMG_1328.jpeg

We sat here for a few minutes, but I don't remember why. Perhaps my grandma was FaceTiming my grandpa? It is possible. And then we moved on to another ride.
IMG_1331.jpeg

Several days worth of Genie+ down there. If anyone is brave enough to collect it...
IMG_1332.jpeg

ATTRACTION #7! See the guy in the Patriots jersey in the row ahead of us (well, his shoulder is just in frame)? Apparently, he was the actual player wearing the jersey. According to my grandma. I have my doubts.
IMG_1334.jpeg

This guy was moving faster than the speed of light.
IMG_1337.jpeg

This lighting was very ominous.
IMG_1338.jpeg

Eric Andre GIF

IMG_1339.jpeg

I feel like these are the only characters that are not in the same style as everyone else. Is there a reason for that? They always catch my eye.
IMG_1341.jpeg

This probably wouldn't be able to sustain my weight were I to leap into the water and scale the rope and monkeys, right? Like... I'd definitely go plummeting to the shallow water below, right? I suppose there is only one way to find out...
IMG_1342.jpeg

Fox Tv Hello GIF by AniDom

tonystark

Original Poster
IMG_1343.jpeg

Hello Mr. Crocodile
IMG_1346.jpeg

Things were looking quite backed up.
IMG_1349.jpeg

Supposed to be focusing on the air balloon, but let's discuss my grandma's theory. There was a Max Lane on the Patriots who has since retired. He has two nearly adult children. So this guy is probably just some guy wearing a jersey of a player he was a fan of, considering he had two under 10s with him. But I'll let my grandma believe what she wants.
IMG_1351.jpeg

Taken from my lunch time location. Any guesses?

That's right, we had a LUNCH RESERVATION! A table service reservation! Grandma and I never do this because we like to use every minute riding rides buuuuut remember how I said we were going to take it easy? So, we had a 2:05 pm lunch reservation and I was absolutely starving since all I'd eaten that day was a protein bar in line at POTC. This was a particularly exciting lunch because my aunt (we're only a few years apart in age so I don't really think of her as my aunt) was in WDW for her 1st anniversary. I wasn't able to make it to her wedding and have actually never met her husband! But that was all going to change, because we were going to have lunch together.
IMG_1352.jpeg

The cavalcade continues as we wait for them to arrive...
IMG_1354.jpeg

It was REALLY BUSY inside, which is not surprising, since all of you WDWMagic'ers/Magicians love this place. And I must say, that love is... deserved.
IMG_1355.jpeg

Yes, I was so hungry that I forgot to take a picture until I had already half eaten my roll. It doesn't get much better in the main course, but at least I did eventually remember.
IMG_1356.jpeg

A little bit of everything except pork. Good thing I had this reservation since Thanksgiving is off the menu this year courtesy of COVID!! The food was delicious (the bowl of Mac and cheese was comically small considering there were 4 of us and we all went for it but I digress). I was really not here for the food, though, I was here for the dessert.
IMG_1357.jpeg

Happy Kermit The Frog GIF

Wrestlemania Vii Crying GIF by WWE

This was so....
IMG_1359.jpeg

Gordon Ramsay Food GIF by Masterchef

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom