Trip Report the last time (taylor's version)

Hi all! Guess who just came back from Disney World? Tis I! After over a year away, it was a most interesting trip. My grandma and I planned this back in June after I found out that I got into grad school (again... I'm a sucker for punishment) so it was meant to be a celebratory trip for that and also my grandma would be turning 70 shortly before it! And then the end of September rolled around and I (in Fort Myers) got to experience the delights of Hurricane Ian. I work in a first response field so it was a very busy, awful couple of weeks. After that I decided... If we were doing this trip (which was all that was keeping me going post-hurricane for a good bit), we were going to give Bob Chapek everything he wanted. That's right, we were going to cough up for Genie+. I'm a hypocrite, I know. Does it help if I say that I'm moving to West Virginia and won't get back to Orlando until after the program is over? No? I thought as much... But still... I spent A LOT OF MONEY on this trip LOL... and most of it wasn't even at Disney... Because, you see... While we were going to be in the World, Taylor Swift was going to have a presale for her tour... And I, a Swiftie to the max, knew that I would be going... come h-e-double-hockey-sticks or high water... Did I manage to get tickets? Did Grandma and I conquer our previous records regarding attraction count and step count? Stick around to find out....

We begin with DAY ONE, November 14th. Our travels would take us from Magic Kingdom to Epcot, as MK was closing early that evening for the Christmas Party (no expense spared, I say, whilst cringing away from the prices for the Christmas Party... So we didn't do that). I awoke at 6am, pulled up MDE, and....

IMG_1189.PNG

IMG_0945.JPG

But, I shelled out $36.22 (Grandma and I decided we would trade off each day) and got ready for the day. We had an hour and a half drive to get to WDW from my grandparents' house (which I had traveled to on Friday), so we got in the car around 6:45 and hit the road. It went well until we were about 30 minutes into the I-4 stretch... and then we hit solid red traffic. Stand still. Man, I had to pee. I kept looking down at my phone and seeing that we only had 15 miles left, 14, 13... Then 13 for an eternity... and then...
IMG_1192.PNG

I decided to go a longer back way, because at least we would be moving. I'd rather be moving continuously for a longer stretch of time than sitting in stand still traffic. A brief stop was made at 7/11 to pee (huzzah), and then we continued on our strange, back way route to Disney property.

Meanwhile I received this
IMG_1193.PNG

Which was a pleasant surprise! We were looking forward to dumping our belongings in the room, grabbing a bus to MK, and getting started with the day. And just like that...

IMG_1194.jpg

We were pulling in! Huzzah!
IMG_1195.jpg

This is where I decided to park *crowd oohs and ahhhs*. We took a very bizarre route to our room because we couldn't find the elevator, but eventually we were walking inside and were greeted by...
IMG_1196.jpg

Welcome, [REDACTED] & [REDACTED]!

A room tour, you ask? No, I shan't do it. I will instead show you things that I noticed.

IMG_1198.jpg

A crooked light fixture.
IMG_1202.jpg

Some scum.
IMG_1203.jpg

The shower got my seal of approval. With the room inspected and no egregious disturbances noted, we were ready to head to MK.

tonystark

Original Poster
Lots of refreshing was done. Many error messages were received. But, after a few minutes, I had entered the waiting room.
IMG_1554.jpg

They make it seem very easy, don't they? Enter the lobby, then pass through to the waiting room, then we'll place you in the queue! In no time, you'll get to pick your seats and you'll just be so happy!

10 o'clock came. I had not left this screen. I had stared at it, unblinkingly. I braced myself for something horrible. For thousands, and thousands of people ahead of me.
IMG_1557.jpg

Excited Americas Next Top Model GIF

I was losing my MIND. Less than 1000 people ahead of me??? Oh, God, I wasn't ready for this!!! No one knew anything because no one had gotten through the queue, so people had no idea if dynamic pricing was in effect (truly evil) or ANYTHING AT ALL and I was going to be forging a new path through this unknown territory? It was too much pressure.

961 people went by in like 5 minutes. I was sweating. Actually sweating. And then I was in. It was time to pick my seats. And I swear to god, I blacked out lol.

In under 15 minutes, I staggered into my Ticketmaster app and beheld
IMG_1559.PNG

I had done it. And I had spent 800 DOLLARS LOL. On two tickets at $329 each plus fees. So much for my budget lol. It wouldn't let me buy a single seat in the sections I wanted (I was getting so ANGRY) so I just decided to throw caution to the wind and buy two tickets and bully my mom into coming anyways. I'd give the ticket to her as a Christmas present. I emerged from this experience a changed person. A poorer person, financially, but a wealthier person experientially. I got lucky, most of my friends waited several hours and had to pick from not great seats. But I? I would be sitting in section 110, right across from that diamond stage. Heck yeah.
IMG_1562.jpeg

Made it to Epcot and got secondary security screened. Think they were searching for my TS tickets tbh but I got them delivered electronically so they couldn't find them.
IMG_1563.jpeg

As Told By Ginger Hello GIF

(anyone else watch as told by ginger? good times)
IMG_1566.jpeg

Collected grandma from the entrance and got in line for ATTRACTION #15, as every visit to Epcot ought to begin.
IMG_1567.jpeg

queue reaction s GIF

IMG_1569.jpeg

OOBA DAY. OOBA DAY? OOBA DAY.
IMG_1571.jpeg

And, unfortunately, additional fees on concert tickets.
IMG_1572.jpeg

These guys were doing math trying to calculate how I had spent $800 on Taylor Swift tickets. Math I still can't figure out, weeks later.

tonystark

Original Poster
You got tickets!! Amazing!!! But jeezum that’s a lot of money. Did your mom agree to come?

My 70-ish year old mom did not enjoy guardians. She’s glad she did it, but won’t ever go again.

View attachment 681359
She sat like this for awhile…
My mom is coming whether she wants to or not and will complain about it until she realizes she's participating in Taylor Swift history lol. Also your poor mom!!! I was expecting my grandma to get motion sick but she was zipping around and has already made plans to go back the first week of December with my grandpa to ride it again lol.
Acrisure stadium!!! (Hate that new name)!
But, you need to tag @riverside, me and a few other magician Yinzers while you're in town!
Great get on the tickets!
I'll be in Morgantown for school so it was my closest venue!!

tonystark

Original Poster
IMG_1574.jpeg

Great work, as always.
IMG_1575.jpeg

Giving these windows a little attention instead of looking up where I'm supposed to look #defyingexpectations
IMG_1577.jpeg

I have successfully gotten my grandparents addicted to the Crown, this set reminds me of the many times you see the operator's room in season 1
IMG_1578.jpeg

Cardboard cutout? Home Alone scary mannequin? Who's to say.
IMG_1579.jpeg

BOOTS
IMG_1580.jpeg

This guy who I neglect in favor of BOOTS
IMG_1582.jpeg

I hear you guys oohing and ahhing at flat earth!!!

Where to next, boss?

Grandma had a hankering.
IMG_1584.jpeg

here we are in the Connections Eatery. It was fine. Reminded me of an airport.
IMG_1586.jpeg

What would we eat? The menu certainly offers some interesting choices.
IMG_1588.jpeg

Yeah, we'll take the kid's chicken fingers thank you very much. A finger per person. Fries for me (huzzah) side salad for grandma. We had dinner reservations for 4pm so this needed to hold us over.

fizzieee

OMG congrats on Eras Tour tickets!!! I managed to snag some myself for one of the Glendale shows. Which venue did you manage to get tickets to??

amjt660

Premium Member
Glad that your grandma enjoyed Guardians
I was a little woozy each time but did it three times on the trip because it was so good

Congratulations on the Taylor swift tickets

And remember with those tickets ( and Disney and sporting events and expensive meals) it all comes down to value
If you walk out of the concert with an unbelievable experience the $400 might actually look like a bargain

Max

tonystark

Original Poster
OMG congrats on Eras Tour tickets!!! I managed to snag some myself for one of the Glendale shows. Which venue did you manage to get tickets to??
I felt as though I had won the Hunger Games
hunger games katniss GIF

I'm going to the Pittsburgh show on 6/17!!
Glad that your grandma enjoyed Guardians
I was a little woozy each time but did it three times on the trip because it was so good

Congratulations on the Taylor swift tickets

And remember with those tickets ( and Disney and sporting events and expensive meals) it all comes down to value
If you walk out of the concert with an unbelievable experience the $400 might actually look like a bargain

Max
I did not realize it went backwards!! That's always my least favorite part of Expedition Everest (so... what amounts to practically the whole ride) so I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed it. I've always liked Guardians as an IP so at least that part I probably would've liked. And you're absolutely right, I'm sure that Taylor is going to put on quite a show so I'll be very happy that I went. By the time June gets here, I will have forgotten how much I spent anyways lol
So many emotions. Sheer jealousy at your success obtaining Taylor Swift tickets, along with horror at not knowing who Sugar Ray was!

apparently I was listening to the same alternative 90s stations as @Spash007 😅

season 5 episode 13 GIF by Workaholics
I'M SORRY I WAS BASICALLY AN INFANT IN THE LATE 90S I DIDN'T HAVE CONSCIOUS AWARENESS OF WHAT RADIO STATIONS MY MOM WAS LISTENING TO!!!!

tonystark

Original Poster
Where would we be going next? You have an idea, I'm sure.
IMG_1589.jpeg

Front row! Front row! Front row! ATTRACTION #16
IMG_1590.jpeg

Once more, nothing was moving.
IMG_1592.jpeg

These guys were moving, though! Tails swishing and everything.
IMG_1593.jpeg

Eric Andre GIF

Knocking Knock Knock GIF by euphoria

IMG_1596.jpeg

I don't remember these symbols 🤔
IMG_1598.jpeg

A lovely overcast day was in store!
IMG_1599.jpeg

Thinking about all the fish that have died under my care S.I.P. (Why do fish always get horrible diseases instead of dying naturally??? I have given up on betta fish keeping because it makes me sad when they die after years of taking care of them :( )
69022624302__60207232-DB20-4288-AAA8-73C96FECE813.jpeg

Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF

IMG_1602.jpeg

I do not remember these fun spinning kale.
IMG_1604.jpeg

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

tonystark

Original Poster
IMG_1605.jpeg

Odds of one of these balloons holding my weight? I will need a very tall ladder to reach them so I'm going to need everyone to go around me... Though this seems like a quiet time in the Land pavilion, missed opportunity.
IMG_1608.jpeg

ATTRACTION #17, a big blue world!!!
IMG_1609.jpeg

I found snacks for you guys finally!!! I have been neglecting you so here, some flattened, cold popcorn.
IMG_1612.jpeg

Screaming Vincent Price GIF by Turner Classic Movies

IMG_1616.jpeg

This ray made me laugh.
IMG_1618.jpeg

Moving on. These seem kind of pointless since you're pretty much required to have a smart phone to go to Disney at this point and can check wait times there buuuut whatever
IMG_1619.jpeg

See? Overcast.
IMG_1620.jpeg

Let's go inside. Last night, it was so busy that we had to enter from the side of the building. But today, we are allowed to enter through the front doors.

tonystark

Original Poster
IMG_1624.jpeg

A tiny line for ATTRACTION #18. But no more plexiglass!
IMG_1627.jpeg

A smaller version of what we are inside! Is there a smaller version inside of it? And inside of that smaller version? Am I in there? Many smaller me's?
IMG_1629.jpeg

Hello my friend
IMG_1631.jpeg

These ladies ahead of us were probably contemplating how there is a fiesta hoy. I hope they have invitations, it's a pretty poppin event.
IMG_1635.jpeg

This seems funereal after his extended absence.
IMG_1636.jpeg

We got stopped RIGHT HERE. And they had to turn the ride off and on. I thought we would be evacuated (right next to the exit 🤨) but we were not.
Next up was a brief stop at... Port of Entry? Maybe? The gift shop at the very beginning of World Showcase where you can either choose Mexico or Canada as your first stop.

IMG_1637.jpeg

This was over 100$ and felt like it was made out of plastic. Boo where is the vibranium.
IMG_1639.jpeg

Crying that this is the only merchandise available for Iron Man. YES I KNOW HE'S DEAD. The fact remains that he's the best superhero Marvel has... Nothing with RDJ's likeness because they don't want to pay him royalties lol
IMG_1640.jpeg

Anne Hathaway GIF by BuzzFeed

IMG_1641.jpeg

These walls will only keep us apart for so long...

tonystark

Original Poster
IMG_1642.jpeg

TIME TO SOAR!!!
IMG_1643.jpeg

Approaching ATTRACTION #19
IMG_1647.jpeg

Things I always take pictures of... To be fair, there's not much to take pictures of in the Soarin' queue.
IMG_1648.jpeg

Patrick got us squared away. Those little beauties were hopefully stored in the underseat compartment.
IMG_1650.jpeg

Water break at Sunshine Seasons!! And we got to get full sized cups!! Huzzah!
IMG_1652.jpeg

Oh, God. Please, no. Have mercy. PLEASE. Please I'm begging you, anything but THIS.
IMG_1653.jpeg

Could you imagine how dire things would be if you were waiting in the extended queue for this ride????
IMG_1654.jpeg

No one sitting here taking imaginary notes this time
IMG_1655.jpeg

Getting closer... Now is the time to back out if you are frightened...
IMG_1658.jpeg

Our chariots for ATTRACTION #20 await...

Zipadeelady

View attachment 681796
Crying that this is the only merchandise available for Iron Man. YES I KNOW HE'S DEAD. The fact remains that he's the best superhero Marvel has... Nothing with RDJ's likeness because they don't want to pay him royalties lol

I was telling my daughter about her and your similarities and the issues getting Taylor tickets, living in Florida, blah blah blah and I said your name is Tony Stark or something like that she starting laughing at me. She's like "mom, that's Iron Man". To bad your leaving Florida I might have turned into the creepy mom and set up a friend meetup. :hilarious:

tonystark

Original Poster
I was telling my daughter about her and your similarities and the issues getting Taylor tickets, living in Florida, blah blah blah and I said your name is Tony Stark or something like that she starting laughing at me. She's like "mom, that's Iron Man". To bad your leaving Florida I might have turned into the creepy mom and set up a friend meetup. :hilarious:
He's my favorite fictional character of all time so I honored him with my username lol. But a friend meet up!! I'm too introverted for that 😳 actually I have met a friend I made on the internet before (my mom thought I was going to be murdered).

tonystark

Original Poster
IMG_1659.jpeg

Season 1 Please GIF

Ryan Reynolds Movie GIF by The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard

IMG_1660.jpeg

I very much appreciate NOT going to the Touch and Taste Labs.

Time to cross the front of Epcot again. You may be surprised by how little we ventured into World Showcase. Well, American Adventure was still under renovation (boo, it's a guilty pleasure), so we never really felt the motivation to get very deep into the World Showcase except to pass through.

IMG_1661.jpeg

ATTRACTION #21, single rider line thank you.
IMG_1663.jpeg

Before you know it I was seated and my belt was checked. Test Track is fun 😌
IMG_1664.jpeg

I told my grandma we could pass through but we could NOT SHOP, not until later. She saw something she desperately wanted in here, which is very unlike her, but they did not have her size 😔
IMG_1665.jpeg

I told you we would be back.
IMG_1666.jpeg

ATTRACTION #22. Not smizing this time. I do not think I can smize.

BUT GUESS WHAT I FOUND FOR YOU GUYS...
IMG_1668.jpeg

One of those straws of different flavored sour sugar! Not the healthiest snack, I know.
IMG_1669.jpeg

Would you perhaps prefer a popsicle stick instead? You could suck whatever juice lingers from the wood and get a splinter in your tongue.
Mad Men GIF

tonystark

Original Poster
IMG_1671.jpeg

Still broken.
Bored Season 5 GIF by The Office

IMG_1672.jpeg

OOBA DAY! OOBA DAY!!!! I should learn the rest of this story.
IMG_1675.jpeg

We got stuck here for a few minutes. This should have been the first warning.
IMG_1678.jpeg

And then we got stuck here... A second warning...
IMG_1679.jpeg

Moving once again... These clocks should be set to the real time, methinks, but they were not.
IMG_1680.jpeg

BOOTS

And now we make a mistake. Despite the warnings. We had... approximately 40 minutes until our dinner reservation. Totally a safe amount of time to...
IMG_1681.jpeg

Go on SSE a second time with no wait!!!
IMG_1682.jpeg

A loose pill for your pains.
IMG_1685.jpeg

And a goldfish. Best not to take that loose pill on an empty stomach.
IMG_1687.jpeg

Some popcorn in our ride vehicle for ATTRACTION #23!

tonystark

Original Poster
We were seated, we were moving, and we got.... This far.
IMG_1688.jpeg

This guy probably pointing out the fact that the camera was broken. Gosh, it's hot at this part of SSE. The AC really struggles, you have hot air coming in from the entrance, and when you're stuck here for about half an hour, it becomes pretty insufferable. Why couldn't we have broken down by BOOTS or the Renaissance scenes or something...
IMG_1689.jpeg

Things were not looking good for the late teens/early twenties running this ride... There was chaos. Someone had to do a walk-thru. Other youth hovered around this panel. Someone called a supervisor. The supervisor called...
IMG_1690.jpeg

What I assume is maintenance.

I'm not going to lie to y'all, I was getting really stressed. At this rate, we were genuinely going to be late to our dinner reservation. A woman behind us flagged down a late teen/early twenties and was mercifully released from her imprisonment. My grandma tried to ask for the same from the same late teen/early twenties and they looked at us without seeing us (sure...) and hurried back to the meeting of the minds at the panel.
IMG_1691.jpeg

After about 30 minutes, we moved! But I wasn't going to enjoy it, because I was too worried about being late for dinner.
IMG_1693.jpeg

I don't think I'd ever noticed this before or if I did, I had forgotten it.
IMG_1694.jpeg

A dispassionate boots. One of my fatal flaws (of many) is letting little things like this stress me out. I'm on vacation. I'm paying for this lol. And yet...
IMG_1695.jpeg

Almost free...

And right at the very end, I did the unthinkable. I took a flash photo! But it was literally at the end of the tunnel of sheets. Because I had noticed something on our other ride throughs...
IMG_1699.jpeg

A sticker. Someone with incredibly long arms (or longer arms than my admittedly short arms) stretched out and slapped a sticker of some guy on the sheets.

Released from our temporary imprisonment, we hustled over to dinner.
IMG_1700.jpeg

We made it! I knew we would. And only 2 or 3 minutes late, I might add. I was very much looking forward to this meal.

Zipadeelady

He's my favorite fictional character of all time so I honored him with my username lol. But a friend meet up!! I'm too introverted for that 😳 actually I have met a friend I made on the internet before (my mom thought I was going to be murdered).
LOL... seriously. You are the same person. She would've said the exact same thing about being an introvert. She said she prefers to stay in her apartment by herself because most people annoy her. Just so you know and so you don't think I'm creepy I would never ask you two to do a meet up :). It has been fun comparing you two but I'll stop now and if you say or doing anything else like her I'll keep it too myself. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom