The Land and Character Spot to be open late during Test Track's refurbishment

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Add this to the list of Test Track replacement entertainment.

Accapella singing.

http://www./2012/04/test-track-allstars-singing-group-extra-hours-fill-void-as-disney-world-closes-epcot-ride-to-become-chevrolet-design-center/

I kind of secretly hope soarin' breaks down while TT is on its refurb. Then maybe Disney execs would see the impact of needed quality attractions and add a new ride or experience to future world.

Hopefully this, and not the ammunition to support the needless addition of FP to attractions that don't need it.

FW used to have a lot of roaming entertainment. Future Corps, for one. My family was closely related to half the guys who played in that fantastic band. One of them even still works there ... as a ticket booth operator. You do what you have to do, but it's a shame to see where some of these talented men ended up. Bring back entertainment like that. Put the characters back into a Future World-esque outfit to set them apart from their clones at MK. Heck, put ElecTRONica in the WOL pavilion! I'd rather see it turn into The Grid than as a festival center. It still isn't the same, but it's better.

Seems to me it would've made more sense to refurb and plus the other pavilions that desperately need it first so that people could occupy themselves with the "new" while one of the busiest attractions go down.

But I guess GM has money now? Still, based on what's been discussed in the other TT refurb thread, I'm optimistic about the new changes.

Communicore

Add this to the list of Test Track replacement entertainment.

Accapella singing.

http://www./2012/04/test-track-allstars-singing-group-extra-hours-fill-void-as-disney-world-closes-epcot-ride-to-become-chevrolet-design-center/

If this band sings "it's Fun To Be Free" medleys it would just make people long for the days when it was WOM!

Jaws1002

I can see even the great WDW cannot plan things right like other companies. Why would they refurbish this ride in the middle of spring and into the summer, during their busiest season? Do it in October. Anyone have an idea on this questionable logic?

the-reason14

I can see even the great WDW cannot plan things right like other companies. Why would they refurbish this ride in the middle of spring and into the summer, during their busiest season? Do it in October. Anyone have an idea on this questionable logic?

They did the same with space mt. back in 2009. I guess MK is a bit stronger but still.

montyz81

They did the same with space mt. back in 2009. I guess MK is a bit stronger but still.
This might have more to do with General Motors Budget and financial situation then Disney's. That said, I bet if the American public knew that some of their hard earned dollars were going to the refurbishment of a Disney ride, they might not have a positive reaction.

wickedfan07

The refurbishment is scheduled to last around 7 months23 weeks (I counted). If a 23 week refurbishment on Test Track werte to begin October 1, 2012, it would theoretically not open until Friday, March 8, 2013. That puts it out of commission for Food & Wine, Thanksgiving, the entire Holiday period (including NYE, which Epcot is usually the focus of), and Presidents' Week(end) 2013.

The fact of the matter is there are no good times for refurbishments for WDW. Your average amusement park has 3-6 months of seasonal closure for this sort of work to be done. WDW does not. Operationally, it is better for Test Track to miss an entire summer than for it to miss several major holiday periods. Lots of people visit the parks during the summer, of course, but they come in higher volume during those holiday breaks. Without a major player in the field, things could go very badly on NYE for example, when even Imagination has a 30-45 minute wait.

It is not uncommon for attractions to miss all or part of a summer for various reasons. Haunted Mansion was closed on my summer trip in 2007. SSE closed just after Independence Day the same year for its refurb (which lasted until just before Christmas). Space Mountain was closed April - October of 2009 I think. It has to happen sometime and I'm sure the people in charge of this have their reasons for closing it when they are.

Not trying to be a Disney apologist necessarily. Just noting that even WDW can't control reality sometimes, which includes the number of days ina year and the times of the year when people visit most. They do, howver, have control over capacity, and, f\if they so chose could improve the park's overall capacity so that extended downtime at one popular attraction would not cause guest flow issues. (And that would mean more than occasioanall performances by a capella groups and slightly extended hours at already overburdened attractions.)

disneyeater

The refurbishment is scheduled to last around 7 months23 weeks (I counted). If a 23 week refurbishment on Test Track werte to begin October 1, 2012, it would theoretically not open until Friday, March 8, 2013. That puts it out of commission for Food & Wine, Thanksgiving, the entire Holiday period (including NYE, which Epcot is usually the focus of), and Presidents' Week(end) 2013.

The fact of the matter is there are no good times for refurbishments for WDW. Your average amusement park has 3-6 months of seasonal closure for this sort of work to be done. WDW does not. Operationally, it is better for Test Track to miss an entire summer than for it to miss several major holiday periods. Lots of people visit the parks during the summer, of course, but they come in higher volume during those holiday breaks. Without a major player in the field, things could go very badly on NYE for example, when even Imagination has a 30-45 minute wait.

It is not uncommon for attractions to miss all or part of a summer for various reasons. Haunted Mansion was closed on my summer trip in 2007. SSE closed just after Independence Day the same year for its refurb (which lasted until just before Christmas). Space Mountain was closed April - October of 2009 I think. It has to happen sometime and I'm sure the people in charge of this have their reasons for closing it when they are.

Not trying to be a Disney apologist necessarily. Just noting that even WDW can't control reality sometimes, which includes the number of days ina year and the times of the year when people visit most. They do, howver, have control over capacity, and, f\if they so chose could improve the park's overall capacity so that extended downtime at one popular attraction would not cause guest flow issues. (And that would mean more than occasioanall performances by a capella groups and slightly extended hours at already overburdened attractions.)

Also, a lot of thunderstorms in the summer, which shuts down TT for hours anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom