The Land and Character Spot to be open late during Test Track's refurbishment

JWG

I'm sure people who are Test Track fanatics will prefer standing in line to see the Fab 5 instead... :ROFLOL:

How quickly a defunct WOL, failed Imagination and prehistoric and dated Energy really matter against another ride closure.

btuftee

The official calendar doesn't seem to indicate a change in park hours, it still lists the typical 9am-9pm hours. Plus, Soarin' was always open until park closing anyway, so it's really just LWTL and the Circle of Life movie that we're talking about.

So, is the Land (and Soarin' is what we're really talking about) going to be open an hour after the official park closing, to help make up for the TT capacity? That would be interesting, but maybe not a bad idea, since Soarin' would become the undisputed top attraction in all of Epcot with TT closed.

bethymouse

Just keep the whole park open!

Now they're getting worried about closing TT!:hammer: Well, I am assuming that EPCOT's attendance may be down during this refurb. Soarin is already the most popular attraction at EPCOT, so I don't see how they figure this extra bit of time will help! Oh well. I am not so upset as others may be. My husband will be furious if TT is not ready by Sept. 28th!:eek:

wickedfan07

Why don't they just reopen WoL?

...Oh wait. We're a few years too late for that.

No wonder people are going to want Fastpasses for Nemo, Imagination and SSE.

If they were smart and willing to spend a little more money to make the guest experience better for the duration of the refurbishment, they would extend the entire park's hours to at least 10pm, push IllumiNations back to 10, and run some NYE or ElecTRONica-style entertainment somewhere in the park from the evening on. They could use WoL or World showPlace to avoid poor weather conditions if they wanted to. At least it would be something to keep people occupied later in the day. And if the surprise success of DCA's glow Fest/ElecTRONica parties is any indicatyor, they could actually make money in the process.

But it would cost money to develop it (or just buy elecTRONica from DL since it is ends this Sunday anyway.)

Pioneer Hall

They have done this in the past with Test Track and Soarin'. Both have been open to 10pm with park closing still at 9pm.

Interesting...I guess it is easier than trying to spin it the other way around and saying the park is open until 10 but everything besides the two attractions shut down at 9.

Communicore

They have done this in the past with Test Track and Soarin'. Both have been open to 10pm with park closing still at 9pm.

I seem to recall in the late 80's and early 90's that FW closed as the same time as WS, and that includes all rides - but maybe I'm mistaken. I definitely remember going on SSE, UoE, Horizons, and Cranium Command at around 9:30 - 10 pm. That was not EMH or anything like that either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom