The Kiss Goodnight, VIDEO!

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
For those that have talked about this for so long and wondered what it looked like. I just sent the video to Steve to be placed on the site with his timing. I just thought I'd let those that are interested know.:animwink:

MotoDisney

Can't wait to check it out! Have been numerous times but never say this. Does it occur at park closing or approx. 1/2 hr or so after the official while people are meandering out?

Thanks

ToTBellHop

My experience of late has been that when the park closes at 9 pm with Wishes at 9, the Kiss Goodnight is played at 10 pm, when the park is almost empty. You feel weird sitting around waiting for it, but no one will try and kick you out...it's kinda nice just sitting at the hub, taking in the atmosphere of Cinderella Castle at night...

DiPSU224

On my trip a few weeks ago I asked a CM at City Hall about the kiss goodnight at the castle and what time it occurred. Wishes was at 9 and the kiss goodnight was at 10pm. My bf and I waited around it for to start and Main St was deserted. I overheard a security guard say over his walkie-talkie that "there are 2 more at the castle". I told him we were just waiting for the kiss goodnight, then we'd be out of there. He said not to worry and to enjoy the show. It was pretty cool and romantic to sit there and watch it without anyone else around. It was like our own little private show. :)
Anyway, it's something that I would recommend to everyone to stick around for.

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
right

That's right.

Half the effect is how "by yourself" you are. Most don't know about it and I think that's why Disney does it then. It's kind of the "secret" thing and you are by yourself when you see it.

It is pretty cool if you are into that kind of thing. I can't wait til you all can see it, especially if you've never seen it before.

iluvdisney18

kiss good night?

This may sound silly but what is a kiss good night? I am going to disney in a few days and I should know what it is! I don't want to miss it!

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster

The one on that site is good but tt is very small. The one I gave Steve is much bigger.

The kiss goodnight is a "secret" not so much a secret but unannounced "thing' that the castle does with lights and music and narration on certain nights.

AEfx

Wow.

I'm pretty up on stuff, and I didn't even know this existed.

Can't wait to see a better video of it - but man, got tears in my eyes over that one.

Now THAT is what Disney is all about...

Thanks for reminding me :)

AEfx, who will be sure to be hanging around for that next time :)

phlydude

Albeit small, the video (awesome as it is) probably doesn't even do the event justice when viewing it live. I will make sure I have my video camera with me this summer to get a digital large screen version a little closer to the castle. Keep an eye out towards the end of August on #disney-central as I will try to get it to Popkid and his server friends!

51 days 19 hours 8 minutes till vacation in WDW!!

I've heard people talk about the Kiss Goodnight on these boards but it's great to see what they're talking about! Do they do this year round or just during crowded times when the parks are open late?

nicholas

In March, my groups waited an hour after closing to finally see it live (I had seen the videos), but there was no sign of anything happening. We finally asked a cast member in one of the stores on Main Street about it to see what time it happens, and she looked at us like we were speaking Anne Heche's Alien Language. She had no clue what we were talking about.

Is there a certain day of the week this occurs? A certain season? A flip of a coin decide if it happens or not?

DiPSU224

Originally posted by nicholas
In March, my groups waited an hour after closing to finally see it live (I had seen the videos), but there was no sign of anything happening. We finally asked a cast member in one of the stores on Main Street about it to see what time it happens, and she looked at us like we were speaking Anne Heche's Alien Language. She had no clue what we were talking about.

Is there a certain day of the week this occurs? A certain season? A flip of a coin decide if it happens or not?

In August '03 I asked a CM on Main St what time it was and he also had no idea what I was talking about so I assumed it was just a rumor and didn't really exist. On my last trip in May, I decided to ask a CM at City Hall about it because I had seen the video of it. He called someone and said it was at 10pm (which was an hour after park closing) and then every half hour after that. We saw it 3 more times that week so maybe they might only do it during busy times of the year. Next time you're there, ask at City Hall to be sure!

stitchlvr

We first stumbled on the Kiss Goodnight in 2000. Looking back we missed so much of it because we were sitting down near City Hall, and not even watching the castle. We were just enjoying the music and peacefulness of the end of the day.

On our recent visit, we stuck around by the castle, and even after the e-ride night, nearing 2 am, we watched and it was breathtaking. I don't know how to describe it, because it wasn't just the castle and the lights, but the magic of the moment. Seeing the castle twinkle and change colors, and the music, it was so beautiful! It nearly had me in tears that the moment was so perfect! :drevil:

Anyone who has not seen this needs to be sure they do on their next visit-I don't care how tired you are! Stick around for it. Find a spot near the castle...don't worry, that won't be hard...it's usually empty, and sit. It's worth the wait!!

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ebay

I sell a video of it on Ebay, along with other stuff on the video if you are interested. Just do a Disney fireworks search. It has a picture of Wishes on beside the listing, so you'll know that's it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom