The Imagineering Movie Discussion Thread

PerGron

Original Poster
I went in today thinking Kung Fu Panda would’ve beaten Imaginary pretty easily, but I actually think it’s the other way around. Panda was definitely objectively a better movie, but it was too safe, and as a fan of the first three, it felt like a step down.

March was looking to be a brighter spot on the movie spectrum, but so far, besides Dune II, it’s proving to be a third month of mediocrity.

I went in today thinking Kung Fu Panda would’ve beaten Imaginary pretty easily, but I actually think it’s the other way around. Panda was definitely objectively a better movie, but it was too safe, and as a fan of the first three, it felt like a step down.

March was looking to be a brighter spot on the movie spectrum, but so far, besides Dune II, it’s proving to be a third month of mediocrity.
Kung Fu Panda 4 was good, even if it was not as dangerous as the first 3.

The OTHER dreamworks movie WAS WAY WORSE. It got a critic review on rotten tomatoes of 0%. Which is just sad.

PerGron

Original Poster
I did it… I paid $10 to own a digital copy of Murdaritaville. This is what happens when you take substances my friends. Be better than me.

(Review coming later)

TheOriginalTiki

On my third viewing of Dune Part Two this weekend, I focused specifically on the writing. Of course the film just got even better watching it from this point of view. The visuals are clearly overwhelmingly great, but I think the writing in the movie accomplishes something that has been painfully absent in modern blockbusters...sharp, memorable, quotable dialogue that's not just MCU style verbal jabs. There were so many times that I found myself subconsciously mouthing along with the characters. Some of my personal favorite quotes...

"We'll be waiting for you...ALL OF US!!"

"He is impressive indeed."

"Happy birthday, dear nephew."

"I don't care if you don't believe. I BELIEVE."

"For my Duke...and my friends!"

"The Madhi is too humble to say He is the Madhi. Even more reason to know He is! As written!"

"Take my life Usol, it's the only way..."
"I'm pointing the way!"

"All my visions lead to horror."
"Because you lose control?"
"Because I gain it."

THIS is the exact polar opposite type of trash "Exposition Dump" dialogue most modern blockbusters seem to be obsessed with. (Looking at YOU, Percy Jackson 2023/Avatar the Last Airbender 2024...)

TheOriginalTiki

Godzilla Minus One and The Boy and the Heron winning in their respective categories was a nice little surprise on top of an otherwise painfully predictable Oscars show haha. I will say I absolutely LOVED Nolan's speech, especially the part about us only being within the first 100 years of film history and how much more future filmmakers can push the medium forward. Spielberg presenting the award was also rather epic. They HAD to know what they were doing there haha.

PerGron

Original Poster
At Regal for tonight’s Mystery Movie Monday and the movie is…

Arthur the King

PerGron

Original Poster
Am I correct in assuming these mystery movies are more often than not just the week's usual release screened a couple days early?
Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn’t. Like they had Land of Bad back in early January when it didn’t release until mid February. Then today we have a movie dropping on Friday, so it kind of depends

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom