The Imagineering Break Room

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
I would like to make one last post before I leave the forums:)

I first discovered the forum by reading Imagineering competitions on here. Needless to say, I became hooked right away! I've had a ton of fun here, and I'm definitely going to miss this place. It has been a wonderful few years, and believe me, my love for themeparks & Disney will only continue to flourish!
I'm ready to move on, not only from this forum, but from forums/internet commenting in general. It should be interesting to see where this leads me!

I would just like to thank @spacemt354 for being such a positive-factor on the Imagineering forum, and for all the great help he's given me. From the competitions he has hosted or been in to all the great talks! Also, @tcool123 & @kmbmw777 who I have become good friends with and @Pionmycake. Everyone else here that I've had the fun of brainstorming or chatting with: @MonorailRed, @Voxel, @D Hindley, @S.P.E.W, and so many more of you fine folks!

And finally, here's just a brief list that I put together having been to all the Disney parks now. It was truly an adventure seeing Parts of Asia and the Disney Parks there. Very cool seeing so many cultures and having fun with it, and seeing the kindness of people from across the globe.
Best Rides List
Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure |SDL| 11/10 | A surreal experience. The scale is larger than any other ride ever built, and it's the first time sets and screens are 100% flawless and add so much to the ride. The beautiful massive sets, the sightlines within the ride, the score, and the vehicles themselves all add to a ride that suspends your disbelief to a degree which I have never felt.
The next eleven in no specific order to me are all fantastic for their unique qualities.
Indiana Jones Adventure |DL| Perfectly executed music, sets, vehicle movements, and plenty more make Indy the masterpiece it is.
Journey to the Center of the Earth |TDS| The storytelling and attention to detail goes beyond anything ever made! Truly, the experience starts when you enter Tokyo DisneySea's front gates.
Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey |IOA| Unique and fun, it's a one of a kind journey!
Pooh's Hunny Hunt |TDL| By far the best use of trackless technology (it's not even close), and it has such a beautiful color palette. Pooh is just so lovable!
Mystic Manor |HKDL| Maestro D. Elfman's score will sit with you forever! It feels like you are experiencing a unique movie live. The story is very, very strong, and it makes for a magnificent attraction!
The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man |IOA| Cartoony and fun, it's not only the magnificent vehicles that make Spider-Man soar!
The Haunted Mansion |MK| Classic yet modern, boasting some of Imagineering's most timeless work, it truly is the perfect dark ride. It does everything right!
The Tower of Terror |HWS| It draws you in from afar, and by then you know you are in for a treat! Spectacularly crafted, with a magnificent eye for detail.
Splash Mountain |MK/TDL| Extravagant in every way: length, music, scale, and more. Splash Mountain is a timeless masterpiece.
Radiator Springs Racers |DCA| It would be amazing just for the ride inside, but the race outside just leaves you with a sense of extreme satisfaction.
Flight of Passage |AK| The best simulator ride on Earth with a game-changing sense of realism. The queue is exceptional, and the ride is paced perfectly.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
I would like to make one last post before I leave the forums:)

I first discovered the forum by reading Imagineering competitions on here. Needless to say, I became hooked right away! I've had a ton of fun here, and I'm definitely going to miss this place. It has been a wonderful few years, and believe me, my love for themeparks & Disney will only continue to flourish!
I'm ready to move on, not only from this forum, but from forums/internet commenting in general. It should be interesting to see where this leads me!

I would just like to thank @spacemt354 for being such a positive-factor on the Imagineering forum, and for all the great help he's given me. From the competitions he has hosted or been in to all the great talks! Also, @tcool123 & @kmbmw777 who I have become good friends with and @Pionmycake. Everyone else here that I've had the fun of brainstorming or chatting with: @MonorailRed, @Voxel, @D Hindley, @S.P.E.W, and so many more of you fine folks!

And finally, here's just a brief list that I put together having been to all the Disney parks now. It was truly an adventure seeing Parts of Asia and the Disney Parks there. Very cool seeing so many cultures and having fun with it, and seeing the kindness of people from across the globe.
Best Rides List
Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure |SDL| 11/10 | A surreal experience. The scale is larger than any other ride ever built, and it's the first time sets and screens are 100% flawless and add so much to the ride. The beautiful massive sets, the sightlines within the ride, the score, and the vehicles themselves all add to a ride that suspends your disbelief to a degree which I have never felt.
The next eleven in no specific order to me are all fantastic for their unique qualities.
Indiana Jones Adventure |DL| Perfectly executed music, sets, vehicle movements, and plenty more make Indy the masterpiece it is.
Journey to the Center of the Earth |TDS| The storytelling and attention to detail goes beyond anything ever made! Truly, the experience starts when you enter Tokyo DisneySea's front gates.
Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey |IOA| Unique and fun, it's a one of a kind journey!
Pooh's Hunny Hunt |TDL| By far the best use of trackless technology (it's not even close), and it has such a beautiful color palette. Pooh is just so lovable!
Mystic Manor |HKDL| Maestro D. Elfman's score will sit with you forever! It feels like you are experiencing a unique movie live. The story is very, very strong, and it makes for a magnificent attraction!
The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man |IOA| Cartoony and fun, it's not only the magnificent vehicles that make Spider-Man soar!
The Haunted Mansion |MK| Classic yet modern, boasting some of Imagineering's most timeless work, it truly is the perfect dark ride. It does everything right!
The Tower of Terror |HWS| It draws you in from afar, and by then you know you are in for a treat! Spectacularly crafted, with a magnificent eye for detail.
Splash Mountain |MK/TDL| Extravagant in every way: length, music, scale, and more. Splash Mountain is a timeless masterpiece.
Radiator Springs Racers |DCA| It would be amazing just for the ride inside, but the race outside just leaves you with a sense of extreme satisfaction.
Flight of Passage |AK| The best simulator ride on Earth with a game-changing sense of realism. The queue is exceptional, and the ride is paced perfectly.
Thank you David for the kind words! If this is your last post - I wish you the best going forward. However I have a feeling it won't be your last post because if you're like me you'll find your way back eventually. :p

On the off chance it is though - good luck!

Suchomimus

30pvbkga82yy.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom