The Imagineering Break Room

Voxel

President of Progress City
Unpopular opinion: I am always turn when I see talk of older attraction being torn down. On the one hand I'll burn the parks to the ground the day they remove the carousel of progress but on the other hand I feel like Walt (had he lived longer) would have replaced alot of the older attraction years ago.

spacemt354

Chili's
Unpopular opinion: I am always turn when I see talk of older attraction being torn down. On the one hand I'll burn the parks to the ground the day they remove the carousel of progress but on the other hand I feel like Walt (had he lived longer) would have replaced alot of the older attraction years ago.
I could see Walt "plussing" attractions a lot more frequently than today's age, and probably removing some that don't fit with the continued vision of the park anymore.

Carousel of Progress is a tough one because you have to rework at least 3/4 of the show after every 20 years because the timeline would be off and feel outdated (like the car phones reference) so that one I could have seen him replacing with something dealing with "progress" but told for the updated audience.

Voxel

I could see Walt "plussing" attractions a lot more frequently than today's age, and probably removing some that don't fit with the continued vision of the park anymore.

Carousel of Progress is a tough one because you have to rework at least 3/4 of the show after every 20 years because the timeline would be off and feel outdated (like the car phones reference) so that one I could have seen him replacing with something dealing with "progress" but told for the updated audience.
I feel like he would totally gut attraction in areas. I think the amount of attraction removed during Walt's era. Mini-Autopia, Aquatopia, Almost everything in Adventure land, and alot of tomorrowland. I think your right he would pluss alot but he also wasn't afraid to tear it apart if he thought of something better.

Suchomimus

Well, Walt would have more likely replaced attractions that were either too costly to fix or just didn't catch the public's eye as much, that is what he did when running Disneyland.

spacemt354

Chili's
I feel like he would totally gut attraction in areas. I think the amount of attraction removed during Walt's era. Mini-Autopia, Aquatopia, Almost everything in Adventure land, and alot of tomorrowland. I think your right he would pluss alot but he also wasn't afraid to tear it apart if he thought of something better.
Yeah I think the issue now is...Carousel of Progress is like the Fenway Park of Disney attractions. It's etched in historical significance to Disney along with others like the Tiki Room, Peoplemover, etc. It's one of the last remaining pulls to Walt and removing it feels like you'd be removing history because its been there for longer than it probably should have.

Voxel

Yeah I think the issue now is...Carousel of Progress is like the Fenway Park of Disney attractions. It's etched in historical significance to Disney along with others like the Tiki Room, Peoplemover, etc. It's one of the last remaining pulls to Walt and removing it feels like you'd be removing history because its been there for longer than it probably should have.
I would agree with all but the WDW Tiki room, it's a bastardized version of the attraction and walt would have gutted that rather than allow this version to run. haha

Also I wish I could ask Walt what happened to the younger system in CoP

spacemt354

Chili's
Speaking of Mark Hamil and the Force Awakens

I liked the Force Awakens...but upon watching it the 2nd 3rd 4th time...I kept thinking. Why didn't the trinity reunite just once? There was so much fan service in the film it boggles my mind that Luke, Han, and Leia were not on screen together at all at the same time.

They clearly have a vision for the new trilogy and I'm excited for Ep 8, but Mark is right when he says that was a missed opportunity.

spacemt354

Chili's
I would agree with all but the WDW Tiki room, it's a bastardized version of the attraction and walt would have gutted that rather than allow this version to run. haha

Also I wish I could ask Walt what happened to the younger system in CoP
Haha yeah they kinda messed it up with the under new management. But did they reinstall the original or am I imagining that?

Voxel

Haha yeah they kinda messed it up with the under new management. But did they reinstall the original or am I imagining that?
Its a modified version of the original, a few scenes removed and I think like 4 mins shorter.

I liked the Force Awakens...but upon watching it the 2nd 3rd 4th time...I kept thinking. Why didn't the trinity reunite just once? There was so much fan service in the film it boggles my mind that Luke, Han, and Leia were not on screen together at all at the same time.

They clearly have a vision for the new trilogy and I'm excited for Ep 8, but Mark is right when he says that was a missed opportunity.
I need more R2D2, that is what I am angry about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom