The Imagineer 2-- Round 1, Project 1 (Due 2/24, 8pm EST!)

Disneyson 1

Goofy's Brainstormers: Great name, BTW! Um, so you turned your project in (major props!) and it was actually really good! I can tell we're going to get some really quality projects this time around, from the artwork to the general amount of detail that goes into this, it's great. The whole thing was masterfully handled by your team and you eventually created a great project. Being picky, though, I can tell that there needs to be just a TEENSY bit more "backstory" on the Dino Institute and how C&H got to overrun the studio. Well, maybe that's just me. But the idea was great and you attracted to possibly the main area of Dinoland that needs to draw more people.

Chip 'n' Dale's Imagineering Rangers: I was really disappointed with the outcome of your group. Although this may have had to do with getting a land where there is already a small weenie, but given your talent, a challenge should have alt least produced an end result. I read the thread you made and you all had different ideas and, although some of those ideas were really good, nobody was on the same page. I mean, the other team even had a missing teammate, c'mon! Please try to change that during the next project.

Also...

Mater, I appreciate your feedback.

I wasn't implying that you didn't notify us we would be selecting a new leader, just that we didn't know just how quickly we had to operate. I personally like the fast pace of this contest, and were it just a solo competition I'd say go full court press, but I wonder if the speed and the quick turnaround time on some of the aspects is difficult when we are relying on a team comprised of people all on different schedules. Just something to consider as you continue to tweak and refine the process.

While I'd normally say that I understand this comment, we try to make the projects do-able but challenging in the time frame. We do give longer time frames to those projects that require it, though. Although this project was first, it was by far the easiest of the competition and had (what I thought) was a reasonable time frame. This seems more like a teamwork problem, as the Brainstormers got their project in at the right time. Their project was also quite good, so it's not like quality is impossible. Nevertheless, you rase some good points that may need to be addressed as the projects get progressively more difficult.

Good luck next time, everyone!

Fractal514

Hey, thanks for even more feedback.

I am a Brainstormer, and yes did get our project done. My concern is not one of time to work on the actual project, but rather time restraints on things like making a choice about the lands, choosing a new leader, and voting on ideas. Now that we know what to expect, we can plan ahead for these things, but having a three hour turnaround on something might be difficult for people who aren't always available because of work or other schedules.

I think the actual time allotted to work on the project was ample.

Disneyson 1

Oh, sorry! Well, I can understand that, but you'll have to take that up with the heads. The idea is that 3 hours should get everyone on the computer at least once to check on things, but if you want extensions like, let's say, a day, you'll have to open a dialogue w/ Mater or Trevor.

MaterA113

Original Poster
Well i do see where you are coming from fractal BUT, if we have a day turna round perid between each project, that woudl be 15 extra days that would take us into July, and that is just not good.

I know you all are busy, believe me i am too. The timeframes are quick and short (even though have ample time) becasue youa re in teams, ie divide the "elements" and such. Where, if this was a single person project, we would have a longer period. But since we have teams, and an easy project the times are short. Infact, ALL the last project was a simple weenie and connection to land. Nothing else was needed.

If you have any problems with times, or not being online for a specific reason, pls let me know and i will pass along. IE I wont be on computer on Sat/Early Sunday as ill be in WDW.

MathewGW

I'd just like to point out that some of these time frames do sort of impact me, being from the UK means that either I have to be up at silly o'clock or have minimal input. And I have a full time job, I want to take part, but by the time i came home from work, the thread was posted and a new leader chosen with zero input from me.

I just feel that time zones may need to be considered here

MaterA113

Original Poster
I try too, BUT it a problem is also for me... I dont want to make it due in the morning, b/c im not home AND ppl have to work, etc. Same with the afternoon..

ALL PROJECTS starting wtih P4 wil begin and end on Saturday/Sunday SO it should make it better.

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
I'll post my thoughts later, I'm busy now. I would like to say that both teams did a nice job for their first project. Keep it up, guys!

---TrevorA

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
Unfortunately, MEW has caused an elimination by default, to go with the win by default. Hopefully, R1P2 can be a bit more exciting.

Here are my thoughts:

Goofy's Brainstormers - Jasonflz
You guys obviously won the project, being that you were the only team to turn your entry in on time. Technicalities aside, you produced an excellent weenie. It was exactly what we were looking for; the radio station fits perfectly with DinoRama. Also, bonus points for tying in all aspects of the land (Chester & Hester and the Institute). And, when it's difficult for judges to predict which players on your team would be voted out, you know that everyone did a great job.

Chip & Dale's Imagineering Rangers - stitchcastle
I must say, I enjoyed the idea behind your project. The theme of man's effect on nature, a theme that is already prevalent in Animal Kingdom, was what won me over. I did like the treehouse idea, but I'm glad that you understood that it would be obstructive to the land. I only suggest that you try your hardest to communicate better as a group, that was one of your biggest pitfalls.

---TrevorA

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom