The Imaginarium - Discussion Thread

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Interesting that they retained the "dusk" lighting instead of the "planet Earth" colors they teased in the concept art. Maybe the colors change periodically then?
Spaceship-Earth-50th.jpg

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Interesting that they retained the "dusk" lighting instead of the "planet Earth" colors they teased in the concept art. Maybe the colors change periodically then?
Spaceship-Earth-50th.jpg
Maybe the hardware is capable of different colors, but they haven’t activated it yet? Perhaps we’ll see the updated colors come on on the 1st. I hope so.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Maybe the hardware is capable of different colors, but they haven’t activated it yet? Perhaps we’ll see the updated colors come on on the 1st. I hope so.
Based on the test footage we've seen floating around, the light fixtures themselves could change colors.
PKC5U7TZZVH37IP6I5NKVGUCXM.jpg

From Zach Riddley's post, he does say it's a "first look", so definitely more is still to come.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
In Magic Kingdom news, new banners have been unfurled for the freestanding towers. I think the outer one features Mary Blair's concept art for Cinderella and the inner one features the 50th anniversary logo and several vines circling it against an iridescent pink background (that makes it appear the banners have been in the sun for a long time).

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
In Magic Kingdom news, new banners have been unfurled for the freestanding towers. I think the outer one features Mary Blair's concept art for Cinderella and the inner one features the 50th anniversary logo and several vines circling it against an iridescent pink background (that makes it appear the banners have been in the sun for a long time).

I believe the inner banners are supposed to represent the ribbons the mice used to make Cinderella’s dress. Could be wrong, though.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I believe the inner banners are supposed to represent the ribbons the mice used to make Cinderella’s dress. Could be wrong, though.
Hm, that's also plausible too.

It's just so odd to me that WDW is literally doing anything but celebrate the park a.k.a. the actual reason why they're having a 50th anniversary celebration. I mean I get why Mary Blair's Cinderella concept art is on a castle banner (since the main press for the castle overlay is that it's apparently based on her artwork) but really? How is that connected to the park's 50th? If they pulled this for Cinderella's 70th (aka the first press for the castle overlay pre-50th), then I would understand it more.

It also doesn't help matters that Disneyland did it wonderfully in 2005. 5 castle crowns representing the first 5 decades and the landmark events that happened in each decade? Smart move, Disneyland Art Department!

f0ccf06b99804e809fcf29f44bf4a60e.jpg

Last edited:

Chaos Cat

Can confirm the existence of an Earth setting; someone I know who works at Mission Space showed me a video of it (they've since deleted it, so you'll have to take my word for it).

Mickeynerd17

It's actually pretty easy once you know the symbol sets. And it's all read out phonetically so pronunciation isn't too much of a hassle either, with a few exceptions. That first symbol, which is kanji, is where the trouble begins.
I'm actually learning Japanese right now! I haven't gotten to the kanji yet, but I recognize the other symbols.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Okay, the stellavator in Space 220 looks cool. Looks like Rocket to the Moon/Mission to Mars lives on in one way... I do hope there's some rumbling/vibrations in the cabin itself to simulate movement.

Is it just me or does it sound like it's Alison Blanchard doing the stellavator spiels? She's the computer voice in Mission: Space and Star Tours and Dr. Jackie Ogden in Flight of Passage, among others.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom