The Imaginarium - Discussion Thread

Chaos Cat

Yeah, a while back, they tried to claim that Disney was getting rid of the free bread baskets at their restaurants, and then when Disney stepped in to say "No, we're not getting rid of the bread," they acted as if Disney had changed their mind due to "fan outrage" (as far as I can tell, they were the only people talking about this because anyone with two functional brain cells could tell that the story was bogus).

Lizzy May Bee

@MickeyWaffleCo. :I honestly still don’t get the hate for that site. I know they don’t have a good rumor track record, but they’re really fast at current event park updates. Way faster than this site, usually.​
Me Too, Though They Should Just Admit When They Get Something Wrong, Happens To The Best Of Us

Lizzy May Bee

@tcool123 :​
Question of the Day

With all "50" of the golden statues being out for Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary which character would you like to have seen represented that didn't get nay representation at all? Furthermore, which character that did get a statue do you wish didn't get a statue?
Swap Out BB8 With A Porg

tcool123

Original Poster
That was 100 percent serious, soul didnt do as well as other Pixar films
Soul actually did really well it was just streaming only but a movie that underperformed wouldnt be getting a statue, a part of the 50th anniversary show, half of the American Adventure, and not to mention the insane ammount of merchandise.

Obviously this isnt a Cars which is a bigger franchise, and I dont disagree at least Lighting McQueen has had multiple attractions at Disney World

TwilightZone

Question of the Day

With all "50" of the golden statues being out for Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary which character would you like to have seen represented that didn't get nay representation at all? Furthermore, which character that did get a statue do you wish didn't get a statue?

Statues List: https://www.wdw-magazine.com/full-list-of-disney-fab-50-character-statues-at-walt-disney-world/
Statues that shouldn't be there:
Mad Hatter: Redundant with Chesire. I feel like Chesire is more iconic as a character in Wonderland, but that's my own biased opinion since he's my favorite Alice character.
Most of the DHS statues except land-relevant ones (for example Woody and Bo): Doesn't fit the area at all. Moving stitch from MK to DHS would've fit better since it was animated there. I will post some more DHS suggestions down in another quote.

TwilightZone

Statues that shouldn't be there:
Mad Hatter: Redundant with Chesire. I feel like Chesire is more iconic as a character in Wonderland, but that's my own biased opinion since he's my favorite Alice character.
Most of the DHS statues except land-relevant ones (for example Woody and Bo): Doesn't fit the area at all. Moving stitch from MK to DHS would've fit better since it was animated there. I will post some more DHS suggestions down in another quote.
These are the Sorely Missed Statues. The statues that are at best, questionable but understandable, and at worst head scratching why they aren't there. The worst offenders by far are Magic Kingdom with it's over reliance on fantasyland for statue reps and DHS with it's bizarre choices.

MK
Frontierland ★ Western River Expedition Cowboy: A tribute to the ride that will never be. Less controversial of a choice than Brer Rabbit, fits the land and makes fans happy.
Tomorrowland ★ 9-Eyes: Tomorrowland had 2 iconic original IP characters in recent memory. The alien encounter characters and Timekeeper. I chose 9-eyes because she's child friendly and iconic. Even if you never been to Timekeeper her design gives a cool futuristic alien feel.
Main Street ★ Mary Poppins and Burt: Yeah I am well aware of the planned Mary Poppins ride in Epcot, but I always got more of a "main street" vibe from her.
Liberty Squares ★ The hitch-hiking ghosts: This is one of the "head scratching" ones. How in the world did these guys not get a statue? They are some of the most iconic park only IP characters out there.
Adventureland ★ The pirate prisoners or Jack Sparrow: I feel like the pirate prisoners would be a better choice here, but Jack Sparrow is an acceptable "pirates of the carribean" stand in. Another head-scratcher as to how it's not there.

Epcot
Malestrom Trolls: They should be at least alongside Olaf.
Veggies and Fruits from Kitchen Kaberet: A classic, a huge head-scratcher especially with all their recent merch.
The sea monster from World of Motion: Another classic. Not as much of a headscratcher as the veggies and fruits but still notable.
Horizons: Just have a miniature version of the pavilion, it's all you need. Every fan will die.
Tom Morrow: Some nice innoventions rep. A little self fulfillment here admittedly.
Buzzy: It's super unlikely after the whole find buzzy thing, but I don't care. Buzzy is KING. Also a little self fulfillment here.

DHS
My whole logic for most of these is "because it was animated there/featured there" so no notes for those.
Mushu
The Baby from Dinosaurs
Hercules
Bear (from bear in the big blue house)
Lightning Mcqueen: Both representing his current show and lights motor action

AK
Carnotaurus: Since "our dino" already has a statue, why not make the anniversary statue his rival?
A dragon and a banshee: represents the lost beastly kingdomme and the current Pandora
A parrot: to represent discovery island (as in the abandoned one)

tcool123

Original Poster
What did Tcool do yesterday?

- Go to a seminar on minorities in Hospitality at 8 AM
- Research and Write a Post on Ad Based Streaming
- Go to my Noon Class
- Plan a date for Wednesday
- Have a $2 slice of pizza the size of my head!
- Bake a Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Host a two hour DIY kite event inspired by the Bali Kite Festival for his club
- Post and edit a bunch of kite videos and pictures to be educational and fun for Instagram
- See Shangchi (so good! Glad i got to it even if it like a 1030 PM showing)

What is he doing today, not all that 😅
But I will be going on a date to horror nights 🥳

D Hulk

Oh hey, guess where I'm going to be in less than a week...

Orlando, for the first time! :eek:

Gonna be enjoying my first visits to the following places: Universal Studios Florida, Islands of Adventure, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Tampa, Fun Spot Kissimmee, Fun Spot Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, and maaaaaaaybe Gatorland. Got a little trip report begun already, if you wanna follow along.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Our second (right?) musical preview of Harmonious:

Thank God for the 4 arc-shaped screens showing the same visuals because that central water screen/"stargate" will be unviewable from... almost every angle except from Showcase Plaza (where I think their main show programming set-up is located) and maybe the Italy and Japan pavilions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom