The Imaginarium - Discussion Thread

DashHaber

TCM, Hill House, Puppet Theatre, and Tooth Fairy are the ones I have 0 plan on running this year. Don't like TCM, I feel like Hill House would mess me up in a bad way, and I don't do Evil Puppets (I'd be screaming "THE POWER OF JIM HENSON COMPELS YOU!" the entire way through) or Mouth ****ery for Horror Purposes™.

Very excited for Icons. The clips I've seen make it look absolutely amazing and there's even some Bloody Mary rep! Not to mention that Storyteller segment finally revealing a bit more about Miss Elsa.
I've been watching videos of this year's houses, and yeah, TCM is probably the one that looks lowest of the bunch. I will say that I really dig Case Files Unearthed: Legendary Truth from what I've seen, because "pulp detective fiction meets weird horror" is a really fun combo that pushes the right buttons for me.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
This branding for DLP's 30th though! Very elegant, and clever usage of the Mickey ears silhouette that forms the "30".
E-l4qpgWEAEN6F4

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I didn't even realize that next year would be the 30th. I plan to be there, world depending. Hopefully they'll give the parks a refresh before then.
DLP's maintenance has really stepped up in the past years (especially when that sweet, sweet TWDC cash went in). I think the main focus for the 30th would be the unveiling of the refurbished castle and the new nighttime spectacular (allegedly).

AceAstro

This branding for DLP's 30th though! Very elegant, and clever usage of the Mickey ears silhouette that forms the "30".
E-l4qpgWEAEN6F4

I'm not saying I'm psychic, but that color scheme looks a bit familiar around these parts...

View attachment 585073

You even went into depth on your colour choosing...

DLP was definitely watching
jean-luc godard spy GIF

I managed to create some logos for the twin celebrations at the resort. The 30th logo and color scheme is a combination of the ones used in the 20th Anniversary and the 25th Anniversary posters. To create synergy between the two anniversaries, I just replicated the design for Disneyland Park's 30th for WDSP's 20th (with some changes). Funnily enough, I subconsciously chose each park's logos' color schemes for our own.

ThemeParkPriest

As this competition is just getting started, I thought I would share a reflection on some of the good “fruits” of Imagineering comps!

tcool123

Original Poster
Just to liven things up in here before Chapter 1 ends on Thursday...

Question of the Day
What's your favorite Disney daytime/nighttime parade of all time, and why?

anigif_sub-buzz-360-1582925664-7.gif
Move It Shake It Mousekedance It , it has an infectious theme song that I unironically listen to.

But like also Once Upon a Christmas Time is my like all time favorite, an amazing soundtrack, Christmas is my favorite time of year, and it without fail makes me happy

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Just to liven things up in here before Chapter 1 ends on Thursday...

Question of the Day
What's your favorite Disney daytime/nighttime parade of all time, and why?

anigif_sub-buzz-360-1582925664-7.gif
For me, I'd have to say the Once Upon a Dream parade from DLP. Not only because it was the first Disney parade I saw (DLP was the first Disney park I visited), but mostly because of this float:
20141001_dreamsofpower_2.jpg

I mean, look. at. HER!
5866946005_8dc7bd8bd6.jpg

(I am woman. Hear me roar.)

And also, Mickey's Soundsational Parade. A banger of a soundtrack, plus parade eye candy galore from Kevin and Jody!
Soundsational-parade.jpg

tcool123

Original Poster
5866946005_8dc7bd8bd6.jpg

(I am woman. Hear me roar.)
Hot take I hate this version of Maleficent mainly because it looks more like a Power Ranger villain than Maleficent herself.

In general I'm not huge into some of the Disneyland Paris parades as I feel like a lot of the times the floats feel very saturated in colour, and that artificiality puts me off a bit 😅

ThemeParkPriest

In general I'm not huge into some of the Disneyland Paris parades as I feel like a lot of the times the floats feel very saturated in colour, and that artificiality puts me off a bit
Teams Innovators and Imaginators quickly scrub all color out of their projects so that they are only black-and-white.

Besides the Main Street Electrical Parade, I liked SpectroMagic! I guess I'm a sucker for the nighttime parades.

TheOriginalTiki

Marathoning the Mad Tea Party during Paint the Night at Disneyland. Freaking magic. Nothing else like it. A true Disney "Wow" moment if there ever was one. I usually don't do parades as a general rule because of my foot condition that makes it really hard to stand in one place for too long, but hot damn that particular ride mixed with that particular parade is one of my most cherished park memories. Honestly one of the last truly "Magical" pre-Chapek moments I remember... :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom