The Imaginarium - Discussion Thread

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I think my favorite detail is that the traditional Haunted Mansion wallpaper has Pepe worked into it.

Also did anyone else see the reports that Rizzo is being downsized from the Muppets?
Good eye! Didn't even notice that.

In other Muppets Haunted Mansion news...
13457E6A-BAD8-4D43-9E5F-DB3E7D74582A.jpeg

MHM-themed chocolate eclair at PizzeRizzo! Featuring Crazy Harry as the Dynamite Guy/Alexander Nitrokoff. 3 more MHM stretching room-themed eclairs should be available soon for purchase according to DIS/WDWInfo.

Time to play Speculation! Which Muppet is playing who...
66b475013040be6506121f87592f3dde.jpg

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Good eye! Didn't even notice that.

In other Muppets Haunted Mansion news...
13457E6A-BAD8-4D43-9E5F-DB3E7D74582A.jpeg

MHM-themed chocolate eclair at PizzeRizzo! Featuring Crazy Harry as the Dynamite Guy/Alexander Nitrokoff. 3 more MHM stretching room-themed eclairs should be available soon for purchase according to DIS/WDWInfo.

Time to play Speculation! Which Muppet is playing who...
66b475013040be6506121f87592f3dde.jpg
Update:
6f3b12303c7752d5bcdfe5f6794181cfac29acf0.jpg

e2392d1e221e7f9017e1b2bbad6e40826dd140f4.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm sure this will be polarizing - but in Epcot a few days ago I went on Frozen Ever After for the first time since probably 2017.

It's... objectively better than Maelstrom ever was.

The nostalgia clouded me on the first ride through, but for the amount of space they were given the imagineers really did a flawless job at using every available space for that attraction. And the AAs are still pretty good.

PerGron

I'm sure this will be polarizing - but in Epcot a few days ago I went on Frozen Ever After for the first time since probably 2017.

The nostalgia clouded me on the first ride through, but for the amount of space they were given the imagineers really did a flawless job at using every available space for that attraction. And the AAs are still pretty good.
I absolutely agree. I’d rather have something more cultural and have Frozen in Fantasyland (being an Epcot purist) but objectively looking at the rides as they were/are, I’d say Frozen is better

TheOriginalTiki

I got really into Frozen Ever After during my solo trip a couple years ago when I rope dropped it a few times so was able to really get a feel for it. Plus I think the bakery next door is a perfect companion to it and really works to give the authentic Norwegian Showcase experience. The CMs I encountered in that bakery were flat out legendary for just how nice they were haha.

Mickeynerd17

I absolutely agree. I’d rather have something more cultural and have Frozen in Fantasyland (being an Epcot purist) but objectively looking at the rides as they were/are, I’d say Frozen is better
I got really into Frozen Ever After during my solo trip a couple years ago when I rope dropped it a few times so was able to really get a feel for it. Plus I think the bakery next door is a perfect companion to it and really works to give the authentic Norwegian Showcase experience. The CMs I encountered in that bakery were flat out legendary for just how nice they were haha.
I understand your points....

...but sorry, Maelstrom is still better imho. Especially in the backwards part the serious amount of bare walls and projections really bugs me.

It's not because I'm a purist. I grew up with Maelstrom and loved it each time I rode all the way till two weeks before it closed. Frozen felt rushed and shoehorned in. The queue is nice but the ride is ok. 😐

ThemeParkPriest

I understand your points....

...but sorry, Maelstrom is still better imho. Especially in the backwards part the serious amount of bare walls and projections really bugs me.

It's not because I'm a purist. I grew up with Maelstrom and loved it each time I rode all the way till two weeks before it closed. Frozen felt rushed and shoehorned in. The queue is nice but the ride is ok. 😐
I guess I'll weigh in, too! I finally rode Frozen last October. I also remember riding The Maelstrom. I wish The Maelstrom was still there, but I really like what they did in terms of lighting and special effects on the ride. I know Disney must have been really wanting to get Frozen into the theme parks and, overall, the Norway pavilion makes some sense (hard to justify a second ride there when most have 0). It would have been interesting to see what Imagineering would have done if there project had been to do Maelstrom 2.0.

Edit: "a lot of sense" changed to "some sense"

Last edited:

Mickeynerd17

I guess I'll weigh in, too! I finally rode Frozen last October. I also remember riding The Maelstrom. I wish The Maelstrom was still there, but I really like what they did in terms of lighting and special effects on the ride. I know Disney must have been really wanting to get Frozen into the theme parks and, overall, the Norway pavilion makes a lot of sense (hard to justify a second ride there when most have 0). It would have been interesting to see what Imagineering would have done if there project had been to do Maelstrom 2.0.
Although I agree with PerGron and believe Frozen wouldve made more sense in Fantasyland, I agree with these points. I just wish there were more physical props and scene elements like Maelstrom had.

JokersWild

I’d definitely consider myself among one of Maelstrom’s biggest fans, to the point where I had my friends quoting it in high school, but I think that Frozen Ever After is a prefectly good successor. Would I have liked something more cultural? Absolutely, though thankfully the Summerhouse covers that a little bit. It’s not perfect, but I’d absolutely call it an upgrade from Maelstrom, as much as I miss it.

tcool123

Original Poster
Thoughts on the houses you ran?
Just came back from it again! No new houses tonights was to just surprise a friend, but technically revisited Bride so 7 this year now. Missing Texas Chainsaw, Haunting of Hill House and Puppet Show.

Heres my ranking:

1. Pumpkin
  2. Beetlejuice
  3. Bride of Frankenstein
  4. Icons
  5. Legendary Truth
  6. Scareyville
  7. Toothfairy
Overall so far not as strong as 2019 with many of the houses only surpassing House of 1000 Corpses and Stranger Things for me. Only flat out flop for me is Toothfairy done it three times still not a fan, and I feel like I’ve overhyped Beetlejuice for myself even though I did it last year. That said today took some scare zone pictures!

07B1BFC4-A482-480D-A0AE-D16F35059F44.jpeg
A8D482D5-5F7B-4AC7-BEF5-BE757DE06F0B.jpeg
F7560A2D-5157-4CBB-80CE-C7C894D156F3.jpeg

Saw Marathon of Mayhem this year and WOW that is a good night show. They’ve gotten it right twice now for Horror Nights now if only their regular show better than meh

mickeyfan5534

Just came back from it again! No new houses tonights was to just surprise a friend, but technically revisited Bride so 7 this year now. Missing Texas Chainsaw, Haunting of Hill House and Puppet Show.
TCM, Hill House, Puppet Theatre, and Tooth Fairy are the ones I have 0 plan on running this year. Don't like TCM, I feel like Hill House would mess me up in a bad way, and I don't do Evil Puppets (I'd be screaming "THE POWER OF JIM HENSON COMPELS YOU!" the entire way through) or Mouth ****ery for Horror Purposes™.

Very excited for Icons. The clips I've seen make it look absolutely amazing and there's even some Bloody Mary rep! Not to mention that Storyteller segment finally revealing a bit more about Miss Elsa.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom