The Imaginarium - Discussion Thread

tcool123

Original Poster
Me trying to identify what's going on in the full Harmonious testing footage on Youtube (SPOILERS!) for the show's Wikipedia article I'm working on:
Thumbnail_expert_micro.jpg
Got a playlist going on Spotify with all the confirmed songs from the show:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Got a playlist going on Spotify with all the confirmed songs from the show:

Gonna put this in a spoiler in case no one wants to see this:
Hm, Circle of Life, Un Poco Loco, Saludos Amigos, and Bare Necessities are in the show? Unless they're deliberating cutting out songs during the testing, I only heard the following in the latest testing footage:

ACT 1: Gather
  • "Go The Distance" - Hercules
  • "How Far I'll Go" - Moana
ACT 2: Celebrate (not sure if these are the exact divisions in the act)
  • Middle East: "Arabian Nights" - Aladdin
  • Asia: "I Wan'na Be Like You" - The Jungle Book; "Reflection" - Mulan
  • Africa: "Hakuna Matata" and "Can You Feel the Love Tonight"
  • Europe: "Hellfire" (instrumental) and "Out There" - Hunchback of Notre Dame; "Touch the Sky", "Fate and Destiny" and/or "The Games" - Brave
  • Latin America: "Remember Me" and "The World Es Mi Familia" - Coco
  • North America: "Dig a Little Deeper" - The Princess and the Frog
ACT 3: Unite
  • "Someday" - Hunchback of Notre Dame

tcool123

Original Poster
Gonna put this in a spoiler in case no one wants to see this:
Hm, Circle of Life, Un Poco Loco, Saludos Amigos, and Bare Necessities are in the show? Unless they're deliberating cutting out songs during the testing, I only heard the following in the latest testing footage:

ACT 1: Gather
  • "Go The Distance" - Hercules
  • "How Far I'll Go" - Moana
ACT 2: Celebrate (not sure if these are the exact divisions in the act)
  • Middle East: "Arabian Nights" - Aladdin
  • Asia: "I Wan'na Be Like You" - The Jungle Book; "Reflection" - Mulan
  • Africa: "Hakuna Matata" and "Can You Feel the Love Tonight"
  • Europe: "Hellfire" (instrumental) and "Out There" - Hunchback of Notre Dame; "Touch the Sky", "Fate and Destiny" and/or "The Games" - Brave
  • Latin America: "Remember Me" and "The World Es Mi Familia" - Coco
  • North America: "Dig a Little Deeper" - The Princess and the Frog
ACT 3: Unite
  • "Someday" - Hunchback of Notre Dame
Haven't heard any of the testing (seeing it on Saturday) so was going off what was the most popular songs that Disney typically did for the prospective film.

Saludos Amigos came from the press release mentioning the film by name, and beyond the titular song there's not many songs I can see being great fits alongside Coco:

Award-winning Puerto Rican artist Luis Fonsi, responsible for several global hits including “Despacito,” joins award-winning Mexican singer-songwriter Joy for a rousing, pan-Latin version of songs from “Coco” and “Saludos Amigos.” - https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ble-of-musical-artists-from-around-the-world/

Beyond the Saludos Amigos mention, the rest were guesses from back when they announced the film lineup for the show. I much prefer your track listing to my guess listing as it is more unique from Happily Ever After.

tcool123

Original Poster
Haven't heard any of the testing (seeing it on Saturday) so was going off what was the most popular songs that Disney typically did for the prospective film.

Saludos Amigos came from the press release mentioning the film by name, and beyond the titular song there's not many songs I can see being great fits alongside Coco:

Beyond the Saludos Amigos mention, the rest were guesses from back when they announced the film lineup for the show. I much prefer your track listing to my guess listing as it is more unique from Happily Ever After.
In a separate blog post there was a mention there would be 15 songs total, but the question is if that includes various scores and instrumentals or strictly songs that are being sung?

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No

Yeah, I was actually looking for Saludos Amigos as well, but for some reason I couldn't hear it in the testing footage. Maybe it was before all the Coco songs or something? Anyway, we'll hear it all by tonight anyway (or not, since you'll be seeing it in person on Saturday)!

In a separate blog post there was a mention there would be 15 songs total, but the question is if that includes various scores and instrumentals or strictly songs that are being sung?
That's also a good question since some of the bits that I've heard so far have a lot of instrumental in between the lyrics. I can clearly hear the Hellfire instrumental opening the Europe section in Act 2, but for the life of me, I can't recognize the tune the violinists are playing during the Brave subsection.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
How close was the playlist i made for it?
I'd have to rewatch the stream again since I just had a job interview, but I'd say you're pretty close! I did hear "Circle of Life" in Act 1, "Touch the Sky" at the beginning of the Brave segment (no idea what was the tune the violinists were doing), and a very brief "Saludos Amigos" between "Remember Me" and "The World Es Mi Familia".

Chaos Cat

So, anyone here who watched the Harmonious stream? Thoughts (put in a spoiler!)?
Very underwhelming, to be perfectly honest. The cultural aspect of it is neat, but otherwise it's just not that interesting. Too much focus on projections and not enough pyro. Maybe it's better in person, but at the very least I think we can all agree the show was not worth ruining World Showcase's sightlines.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Very underwhelming, to be perfectly honest. The cultural aspect of it is neat, but otherwise it's just not that interesting. Too much focus on projections and not enough pyro. Maybe it's better in person, but at the very least I think we can all agree the show was not worth ruining World Showcase's sightlines.
Yeah, I'll have to agree with you. It's promising, I'll give them that, but right now it feels half-baked. The soundtrack is wonderful, though I'd tighten up the transitions (maybe it's the Disney Parks Blog stream's fault for the amount of silence, I'll have to check the other streams) and clean up the duet parts in the multilingual sections (Out There, specifically). The projections are kinda meh and don't add too much to the show, like the ones for Happily Ever After does. I wonder though, what would happen if they plus the show's finale to include the new Points of Light on Spaceship Earth and maybe have the pavilions light up one by one as "Someday" plays? I think it would add a nice punch in the feels department.

The way the show's messaging is done is also weird. If there's one at all, I don't see or hear it in the show. "Voices raised in song and in unity" is a powerful message, yet I didn't see or hear that. If the message-relying is done well audio-visually, the build-up to "Someday" will be so powerful (think of the final moments of Happily Ever After) that it will move people to tears. The reason why Reflections of Earth is a fan favorite and lasted almost 20 years is because of its messages and symbolism. If you're planning to replace that kind of show with another, you damn well need to match, even surpass, that!

The cultural aspect is nice and fits World Showcase well, but we were promised by Steve Davison that it would be a tour of World Showcase. Norway barely got a reference ("Vuelie" from Frozen is included in Act 1), while Japan, Italy, and Germany didn't get any at all. But then again, India is apparently a pavilion according to Harmonious. Morocco is in North Africa, so I guess it falls under the Lion King segment?

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
So, anyone here who watched the Harmonious stream? Thoughts (put in a spoiler!)?
Technologically impressive and probably better in person, but the soundtrack is a misfire. I'm not sure what atmosphere they were going for but I didn't feel inspired or even swell up at any moment. I just kinda sat there and watched.

Overall, for all the clutter in the middle of the lagoon, this is a disappointment

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom