Trip Report The I'm Ditching the Spreadsheets....an Unrecognizable Trip!

We arrived home around 10pm last night from our Disney vacation. The planning for this trip started in March, but by September it was not even close to the original. So how did it all turn out? Did I make the correct decisions? Was this trip as hectic as the last one? Should I have cancelled so many dining reservations? Did we miss too much because upon arrival I decided to rip up the spread sheets..the same ones that I so painstakingly obsessed over?! I'm thinking about all of this as I am attempting to organize my 609,504,302 photos.

There were a few hiccups, including my Etsy order not arriving in time, sprinting to the Magical Express just as the doors closed, leaving our Elf on the Shelf in the room after check out, getting stuck on a ride, a missing boat captain, broken ornaments, and a horrible 3 hour lunch. All in all it was an amazing trip. I do not regret the decision to change from the original plans, or the second, or the 3rd, or even the plans I had when we were on the plane heading to Orlando. I decided to throw out most of them and take a (semi) wing it approach. :)

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
We have to literally run/speed walk to our next FP. Tower of Terror!!!

But first- stop for a photopass pic ;)

IMG_9124.JPG

In 2015 we did a Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Dining package. We rode ToT early in the day with our FP, and then while everyone else was heading to F! to find spot...(we decided to arrive 10 minutes before show start bc of the reserved seating area).. We got to go on ToT another 5 consecutive times. It was great!!! Sadly we were able to do it once this trip. Once is better than none though!

IMG_5859.JPG

T wanted to do a "Bear Pose" on the ride this year.

IMG_9103.JPG

21stamps

Original Poster
Finished with ToT and EEK!!! We're going to be late for Jedi Training!!!

We stopped at the Santa desk to pick up our pager (Wouldn't it be great if all popular characters did this?!) then ran to meet the other Jedis to get ready for the show.

Some background about my son-
He's quite the character and super outgoing with people he knows. However, He gets extremely shy in front of strangers, and especially groups, even a group of familiar people. It's been getting better over the past year, but I still can tell when he's anxious, he bites his lip, and just clams up.

Jedi Training Academy has been on his mind for a year and a half (we were too late for sign ups in 2015). His friends and cousins all proclaim that they are "real" Jedis after the experience, and T's little BFF has given his own "training session" at our home. We also have a Yoda toy that does a training sequence, and before the trip T worked with Yoda almost daily.
Long story short- JTA was my one of kid's top reasons for wanting to go to WDW, and he was taking it very seriously.

I could tell that he was starting to get nervous when we walked to the check in desk. I gave him a pep talk..and also reminded him that he has a necklace saying he was a Jedi, and that he'll do great, don't be nervous, it's just people, I'm right there, I can't wait to see him on stage..Just. Have. Fun. etc etc.

I caught a photo of him looking at the "Jedi Tristan" on the necklace. I was nervous for the little guy..I didn't want something so exciting for him to be ruined by some kind of stranger anxiety. I just wanted him to enjoy every second...so here we go..

IMG_0218.JPG

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
I had tears in my eyes watching this. I was sooo excited for him! He did great!!!!
Afterwards he said, "That was AWESOME!! I wasn't too nervous, mommy. I didn't get to fight Darth Vader like I wanted to, but it doesn't matter. That was the coolest thing ever, in the whole entire world!!! I used the Force on Kylo Ren! I'm a REAL Jedi now!! A real one! This is the best day ever!!"

Moments like this make all of the stress, planning, mishaps, all of it, completely worth it. We were both on Cloud 9 after that. :)

IMG_0219.JPG

IMG_0220.JPG

IMG_0221.JPG
IMG_0222.JPG

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
Alright, so how do all of you "Hollywood Studios is a half day park" people do it?

It's now close to 3:30. We've been here since open and we've only been on 3 rides, no shows, with less than 2.5 hours left to go. Walking around the park itself didn't feel very crowded but the attractions were..and FP availability was non existent. As horrible as I felt last year I'm almost glad that we missed JTA on that trip. It really does take up a big portion of your day..unless you get a morning show.

Luckily we did receive an anytime FP after JTA sign ups. We're holding on to that for Toy Story Mania.

So anyway, it's time to check in to our Sci Fi reservation. I had been going back and forth about cancelling it for a few hours now. I asked kiddo for input, he said that he would rather go back to Launch Bay to meet Chewy, hopefully the Frozen Sing a Long, and then Toy Story. Hoping to do all of this and RnRC a second time.

I agreed, and decided to skip our reservation.

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
Olaf's line was short so we decided to pop in for a visit.

IMG_9105.JPG

Stopped for a super quick healthy meal consisting of a Mickey Ice Cream Bar and a kid's Zone bar that I had brought with us. Ate by the water and discussed the awesomeness of having just conquered Kylo Ren and Vader.

Kept checking the app for a Frozen Sing a Long FP, unsuccessfully.

We then went to go purchase a Fuel Rod.
Can I just take a moment to say-- It's a must have in my book. I love it!!!
It came in so handy so many times during the trip. I was so sad at MK when my phone died the previous day.. now it won't happen again!!

IMG_6213.JPG

And then the pager went off.. Time to meet Santa!!!

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
We hurriedly tried to catch the SW stage show.
Seeing all of the characters together was pretty neat. Especially BB8.

IMG_5963.JPG

Ran into a few more Stormtroopers on our way back to Launch Bay. Once again T looked away when they spoke to him..but loved every second of it!

The roaming Stormtroopers have to be one of my new faves at WDW!!!

IMG_5988.JPG
IMG_5998.JPG

I am starting to get worried though, the time is now 5:13pm.
Dessert Party check in is at 5:45.
Looks like the Frozen show isn't happening. I obviously don't think we're going to have an opportunity to explore the other side of Launch Bay.
Chewy and Toy Story Mania are 2 things that must be accomplished!!! Walk fast kiddo!! Let's do this! (I didn't know how it would be possible, but going to try)

We get to the entrance of Chewy's queue.
Wait time says 30 minutes.
Oh no. How is this going to happen..AND Toy Story?

I hold kiddo back from the line, crouch down to eye level, and ask him which is more important- Chewy or the Toy Story ride?
Words can not even describe the look on his face. Dumbfounded would be the closest description. Then sadness when he realized we couldn't do both.
Darn you Hollywood Studios!! 2 consecutive years you are my biggest Disney parenting moment fail!

As we're standing there and T has a few silent tears, a CM walks up and says "Hi guys, come with me."
What? Where?
He says "Just come on." Then he asks T for his name, and if he's a Star Wars fan. T looks a little confused while we're walking around the ropes to another CM, just before the entrance to Chewy's room. What?? Is this happening?? Am I receiving Pixie Dust???

YES!! We did receive Pixie Dust!! Thank you Thank you to that dear wonderful amazing Disney Cast Member!!!

He told the female CM that we needed to go next. He must have heard our entire conversation!! Now I had tears on my face!!!
Nothing like this has ever happened before!

T and Chewy!!!

IMG_9125.JPG
IMG_9126.JPG

Stopped on the way out for a photo with another Jawa, this one doesn't trade.

IMG_6017.JPG

Now we're running to Toy Story. Goodbye wonderful CM!!! Thank You!!!!

21stamps

Original Poster
I love reading your TR, seems like you made wonderful memories!
Thank you! We really did! The HS portion of my TR is lasting forever it seems.. it was by far our busiest most eventful day at the parks. I really wish that I would have scheduled 2 days for HS.

21stamps

Original Poster
And now.. thanks to the Launch Bay CM, and the JTA anytime FP...

TOY STORY MANIA!!!!!

Not quite sure why, but our Photopass pic never showed up in my account :(. It's ok though, I'm just happy that we were able to do it!

Rockin' Roller Coaster must have left an impression.. T's playing air guitar while in line at TSMM.

IMG_0225.JPG

He beat me of course.

Afterwards we decided to check out the construction walls before our late check in to the dessert party.
They make good photo back drops ;)

IMG_6042.JPG
IMG_6048.JPG

21stamps

Original Poster
It's no secret that I was severely disappointed when I learned that the SW fireworks and dessert party would not be held during our trip.

I got over it quickly and booked the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam party as soon as I read it online.
Shout out to sites like these who announced it before the official Disney website did. I think it ended up selling out very quickly.

We're a few minutes late, but we made it!!

IMG_6053.JPG

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
There is no Photopass pic taken inside Toy Story Mania. :)
I don't believe TSM has a photopass pic. I thought the same thing when I went on the ride in September.

Or what @Tuvalu said. :p
Well that could be a good reason why I didn't get one.lol

I thought last year we did. Maybe not, I think last time I was taking selfies of us at the end of the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom